5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong.
Published 19 months ago by Mike

3.0 out of 5 stars Smallest MOE rail section, but bigger than you'd think
This is a great attachment for the MOE hand-guard, however it is a bit bigger than you think. I have a Sig M400 Enhanced with all the MOE trimmings. I bought the MOE fore-grip and this L2 MOE rail section to mount a bipod to. Everything fit, but only just. Critically, there are only THREE long slits/slots on the bottom of the MOE hand-guard. The MOE vertical...
Published 12 months ago by Zack Daniels

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong., December 6, 2012
This review is from: Magpul L2 MOE Rail Section, Black (Sports)
Made of very strong polymer, I was unable to flex this rail by hand. Fits flush on magpul moe hand guard, mounting screws come with thread locker on threads . Easy to install and adjust its location. Great rail section. Used in conjunction with the moe hand guard you have a light weight railed hand guard for flashlight , laser, bipod whatever you want to hang on your hand guard. I was asked about the dimensions of the rail so I thought I'd add it . The rail section is approximately 7/8 of an inch wide - 2 1/2 inches long - and the screw holes are 1 3/16 inches center to center .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit my standard AR plastic handguard perfectly, March 28, 2011
This review is from: Magpul L2 MOE Rail Section, Black (Sports)
This rail DOES fit a standard mil-spec plastic hand-guard on an AR-15.

I'd originally purchased the Magpul RVG Rail Vertical Grip Black because it also came with a 2-slot mini-rail that fit "MOE and Bushmaster fore-grips." As it turned out, it doesn't fit standard mil-spec hand-guards without drilling out the holes to be further apart. In fact, even after modifying it to fit, it was too short to selectively place the grip in a comfortable location. So it was back to Amazon.

I next tried this rail (which happened to fit perfectly behind my Harris bipod) and I couldn't be happier. =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Magpul Quality, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Magpul L2 MOE Rail Section, Black (Sports)
Works, what else can I say?
As a supporter of the Constitutional Bill of rights I will support companies such as Magpul with my business

5.0 out of 5 stars I got what I expected, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Magpul L2 MOE Rail Section, Black (Sports)
I wanted to mount a tactical flashlight on my M4 Bushmaster on the cheap. With careful research and purchases I have a 300+ lumen LED mounted for under $48.00

I bought the L2, 5 rail model for installation on the top hand-guard of my Bushmaster XM15-ES2 M4 carbine.

The problems...

The mounting holes barely line-up, the threaded mounting flanges were too wide, the screws were too long, and the rail is parallel front to rear. Excellent!

I chose this rail because it is polymer, and could be worked on with hand-tools.

I had to bend the heat shield slightly for clearance, narrow the flanges width, shorten the screws, and file a taper front to rear on the rail to counter the taper of the hand-guards.

Once again, Excellent!

30 - 40 minutes later, it looks pretty good!

I give it five Stars because, unlike aluminum or steel, I can work the polymer with tools I have, it was inexpensive enough to throw away if it didn't work, and it looks like it came on my AR15!

I'd do this again, just a little fabrication, and I'm happy!

I also bought the 7 rail model, I'm going to try to mount it on my Mossberg 590 next!

later,

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect minimal rail solution!!, November 24, 2012
American Dad (Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magpul L2 MOE Rail Section, Black (Sports)
I bought a mid-length AR-15 with a Magpul MOE handguard because I didn't enjoy lugging around a full Quad-rail system as a Marine, so I thought I would apply some common sense to my civilian system. I've got great ergonomics with the MOE handguard, and I need very little rail space, so this fit the bill. I bought this rail section to attach my Grip-Pod GPS-02 (mil-spec foregrip/bi-pod), and it was a perfect fit. How rugged is it? Well, in my opinion, Magpul is THE name to trust if you're going to go for polymer accessories. I'll leave it at that. If I decide to add a weapon light later on, I'll be back to buy another.

4.0 out of 5 stars great accessory, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Magpul L2 MOE Rail Section, Black (Sports)
I used this to attach my tactical light on my AR to my MOE hand guard. Works wonderfully, couldn't be happier with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Magpul L2 MOE Rail Section, Black (Sports)
I installed this on my magpul forend on the bottom so I could attach a vertical grip to it and it works like a charm. Perfect for the cost concerned customer, but works nearly as good as some of the really expensive options out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent For Modifications, February 20, 2014
JNieporte (Ohio, United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Magpul L2 MOE Rail Section, Black (Sports)
I bought this to use on my H&R Pardner Pump (a Remington 870 clone) so I could mount a light on the forearm. For seven dollars, this is a very handy item to have for any gun. It can be used with wood or polymer stocks and frames. You get:
1. The rail itself. It's hard polymer (plastic) and black. It has five grooves for centering your rail adapter / scope mount. It measures 2.55" long and 0.6" wide at the base, 0.835" wide at the widest part of the rail. It's 3/8" thick. The holes are spaced 1.2" apart, center-to-center.
2. Two bolts. They're black metal and use a 1/8" Allen (hex) key for adjustment. I got two of these rails, and no Allen tool was provided with either. They have enough LockTite already on them for one installation.
3. Two oval-shaped nuts. They're a grey steel and have a nipple coming from one end. This is the bottom; the nipple is supposed to sit in whatever hole you're using it in.
4. Brief instructions are printed on the enclosed card.

Everything is very high-quality. If you have a gun that doesn't have a Picatinny rail, this is an easy add-on. Even if there's no holes for it, you can just drill them. The accessories I tried - lasers, light, slings, even vertical forearm grips for a shotgun - mounted on and stayed there. Since the rail is plastic, you can cut it down to suit your needs. As far as my review goes, that's it. This is a great add-on for any gun at a great price.

However, if you plan to use this on a shotgun forearm...

The pre-drilled holes (on the rails you're ordering here) won't work on the Mossberg 500-series or Remington 870 forearm without some modifications:
1. First, you have to remove the forearm from the forearm rails (your manual might call them action rails, etc.). This is done by unscrewing a circular retaining ring from the front of the forearm, then pulling the forearm rails out the back.
2. Then, since the part of the rail that sits with the gun is flat and the bottom of the forearm is round, you'll have to trim some of the forearm to make a flat spot for the rail to not wobble on.
3. Line the rail where you want it, and drill the front hole.
4. The retaining ring for the forearm rails won't screw back on with the oval-shaped "nuts" so you have to trim (with a file or Dremel) one almost all the way to the nipple.
5. The forearm rails and retaining nut go on now. Get it as tight as you can without stripping the threads. It goes on now because the retaining ring WON'T go over the nut.
6. Screw that screw in and through the nut. Don't tighten yet.
7. The screw in the rear won't be able to go into a nut since it's right under the forearm rail and there's no space for the nut. So, drill a smaller hole. Once the rail is lined up where you want it, put some additional LockTite on the threads of the screw.
8. Using straight, positive pressure, screw the rear screw in. Get it tight, but be very careful not to strip it since you're screwing it into the plastic forearm and once you've stripped the plastic, it can't be used in that spot any more.
9. Tighten the front screw. No additional LockTite is needed here, but can be handy.

If you have large hands, you may want to trim off the rear portion of the rail, right behind the rear hole, so it doesn't jam your hand when racking the shotgun. This is easy with a saw; just sand off the end after you've cut.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I needed!, January 24, 2014
John Doyle (League City, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magpul L2 MOE Rail Section, Black (Sports)
5 Stars for a great addition to my SKS rifles. It's lightweight, about 4 inches long and is made of a strong polymer. I've used it to mount a vertical grip making the rifle a bit more tactical - and on the cheap! The rail section has two holes for screws for mounting but I also used a super glue as I was mounting it to the wooden stock. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in modifying a platform.

5.0 out of 5 stars MAGPUL MOE Rail Works, January 18, 2014
This review is from: Magpul L2 MOE Rail Section, Black (Sports)
Bought this to install on my Colt LE6920 rifle. Worked exactly as advertised. There are imitation rail sections out there which look just like Magpul, don't be fooled by paying a couple dollars less. This was just the right size to mount my Streamlight TLR-1 light.

Magpul L2 MOE Rail Section, Black