4.0 out of 5 stars Mahjong Gets Intellectual!
I'm a sucker for word games, and Mahjong Words is one-of-a-kind on the Kindle.

Published on July 17, 2012 by Ellen Bridges

1.0 out of 5 stars beware
I have not been able to play only twice in the weeks since i bought it.I cant seem to get in touch with support,as it just keeps you running in circles.I am disappointed because it is a cool game.I tried deleting it and reloading several times to no avail.I hope they get the bugs out of it.
Published on July 20, 2012 by Danny

4.0 out of 5 stars Mahjong Gets Intellectual!, July 17, 2012
This review is from: Mahjong Words (Kindle Edition)
I'm a sucker for word games, and Mahjong Words is one-of-a-kind on the Kindle.

The game is set up like Mahjong solitaire, with many different layouts to choose from. All tiles are letters, with each letter having a point value. Your goal is to remove tiles.....not by matching them, but rather by spelling words from three to eleven letters in length. Bonuses for longer words range from 2x score for 5-letter words to 8x score for 11-letter words. If you can remove all tiles in the layout at the end of the game, your total score is doubled. No two games are the same, so there is a lot of replay value to Mahjong Words.

A record is kept of you highest score for each layout. The key to the highest scoring is to make sure you leave youself the right tiles at the end so you can clear the layout with a final word.

3 shuffles and 2 hints are allowed per game. For a more difficult game, don't use the hints. To make the game the most challenging, do what I do.....don't even use the shuffle. It's tough that way, but very satisfying when you clear all the tiles.

Mahjong Words is definitely worth the low price, especially if you love word games.

5.0 out of 5 stars MahJong plus a Word Game - Perfect Combo!, July 26, 2012
This review is from: Mahjong Words (Kindle Edition)
Am a bit prejudiced here as I love to play MahJong solitaire on my pc and any other electronic device I can download an app to! Also need to take into account that word games are the majority of the apps on my Fire. So when I saw Mahjong Words - well, I probably got as excited as my other half does over a new Call of Duty (or whatever those games are called?). Was a bit worried it couldn't/wouldn't live up to my expectations - you know, like when you read a blurb for a book that sounds wonderful and is actually a bomb - or you see a gorgeous top across the store but when you get close it looks like someone's training chimps to sew? But no - I was not disappointed and if you like to play Mahjong and like word games - you need this app!! I mean, what's not to like? It works really smoothly on my Touch, you can play alone and untimed (a biggie for me - games are for relaxing, specially solitaire ones!!), and though I tend to be a Mahjong purest and play only the turtle layout most of the time - this game has me trying all the layouts and rotating around. I highly recommend it - specially if, like me, you saw the name - Mahjong Words - and went "oh wow, that sounds too good to be true" - well it's not, so try it, you'll like it!

1.0 out of 5 stars beware, July 20, 2012
Danny "Stone775" (Grapeland, Texas, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mahjong Words (Kindle Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars Played three games...now it just freezes my Kindle. Bugs!, July 29, 2012
This review is from: Mahjong Words (Kindle Edition)
Workedc 3 times very nicely...Now it will not play at all. Everything else is working on the Kindle so it is not the connection. But for example right now it is on the "Loading please wait page" and has been for the last 1/2 hour. Will have to delete this app. WASTE OF MONEY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Majong Words, August 11, 2012
This review is from: Mahjong Words (Kindle Edition)
Kind of like Bookworm, but sometimes more challenging depending on the letters displayed or the layout you choose. Calls for strategy too to open up access to other letters. HOURS of fun though! I like it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst app ever!, July 29, 2012
This review is from: Mahjong Words (Kindle Edition)
Game would be great if it was stable. This is the only app I have purchased that crashed my Kindle 3 times in one evening!! Removed it and counted myself lucky it didn't cost more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Mahjong Words (Kindle Edition)
A fresh take on word games. A lot of replay value with the 24 layouts included in the game. If you like any of the other word game for your Kindle, you will certainly like this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Word Game!, August 9, 2012
This review is from: Mahjong Words (Kindle Edition)
I ordered this game for my Kindle Touch a couple weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it. I love to read, but I also find word and number games to be a great pastime. I particularly like Mahjong Words because the challenge of finding words among the letters is similar to the skills used in playing Scrabble. Maybe I'll be able to find that 7 letter word in Scrabble one day!
The different boards keep the game interesting. So far I've noticed that one board in particular creates a change in strategy since the unavailable letters are not visible. Also, the game can be made more or less challenging by using or not using the hints and shuffles.
If you like word games, you'll like Mahjong Words.

1.0 out of 5 stars No way to end the game, July 29, 2012
This review is from: Mahjong Words (Kindle Edition)
While the game runs fine on my keyboard Kindle, I cannot figure out how to end a game and have the results saved. The Help screen offers no information and neither does the Menu screen. Hence, (this is an assumption) unless I am able to clear the screen, the game never ends. When I exit and enter the game, I resume where I left off; if I 'Restart' from the menu, I lose everything. If someone can explain how to end the game (when one has unplayable tiles), I would be glad to revise my review.

2.0 out of 5 stars Like the game, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Mahjong Words (Kindle Edition)
I like the game, but it doesn't work on my original Kindle very well. It's far too slow and cumbersome.

Mahjong Words