Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Showing 1-10 of 515 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on July 1, 2011
Okay let me get this out of the way first because I did really enjoy this book, but the author has GOT to get an editor! There were so many mistakes and typos in this kindle version I found myself re-reading several different sentences to make sense of them! That aside the story was surprisingly good. The characters were fairly well developed and the storyline with the actions of the characters, while very similar to the typical romance novel model, showed the characters actually had a brain and presented plausible scenarios to explain their actions. And even if at times I was frustrated with the action or felt things dragged slightly each part of the story and each action of the character had its purpose that actually made sense and wasn't just some contrived plot point by the author to create conflict solely for the sake of conflict. Great start to a series I look forward to reading!
on February 23, 2013
I loved this story. Abby pretending to be a maid to help save her sister's maid job and oh then being caught in her lie by Dominic the owner and her sister's boss. Too good!!
on February 6, 2013
First of all I'd like to state that this story was on the fence for me. I enjoy romance novels with a story and this one had quite a story line to it. As a romance novel it was okay.

Unfortunately, there were some aspects that I felt needed development such as - can someone fall in love with another within a day or two? The main female character is a school teacher and lived a very "safe" life, how can the story be justified that she leaves with a man she just met for China so soon after meeting him? I would have thought her sense of safe judgement living would enter into the picture. The book had an open ending and I didn't like that. How was the problem presented in the last few pages going to be resolved?
on March 2, 2015
After the death of his father, Dominic Corisi just wants a break from it all. Little does he know everything he needs will be found when he meets Abby, a middle school teacher, who is filling in for her sick sister as a maid for his Boston Brownstone. Abby sees beneath the gruffness a man who is hurting, so she agrees to have dinner with him.

Dominic soon finds that Abby is not afraid of him or influenced by his money and power. In fact, she wants nothing to do with it. She is stubborn, strong willed, and willing to risk everything to help those she loves, which is the exact opposite of what Dominic usually wants. When a business venture puts Dominic'S company in jeopardy, Abby is forced to make a difficult decision. But, will it be the right one?

This book has an interesting plot line. It drew me in from the start and makes me want to read the next in the series.
on February 17, 2013
Excitement to the extreme. Feeling loss yet no emotion after the death of a father he walked away from and swore he would never be like Dominic learns he can have emotions. Filling in for a sister home sick Abby meets someone who needs her more then he'll ever know. Abby breaks out of her mold and saves the deal by initiating a humanitarian foundation.
on February 16, 2015
liked this book, it was a sweet sexy predictable love story, had a little bit of humor mixed in. This was the first time that I read a book by Ruth Cardello, and I enjoyed her style of writing.
Of course this is part of a series which seems to be the common thing to do nowadays. Where are the stand alones romance novels gone to?
I can't seem to find one any more.
Looks like it's the new fashion all ebooks goes with something else!
(feeling frustrated).....don't take me wrong I love series, but sometimes I just feel like reading one book that doesn't go with anything else.
on February 8, 2016
minic Corisi knew instantly that Abigail Dartley was just the distraction he was looking for, especially since having her took a bit more persuading than he was used to. So when business forces him to fly to China, he decides to take her with him, but on his terms. No promises. No complications. Just sex.

Abby has always been the responsible one. She doesn’t believe in taking risks; especially when it comes to men - until she meets Dominic. He’s both infuriating and intoxicating, a heady combination. Their trip to China revives a long forgotten side of Abby, but also reveals a threat to bring down Dominic’s company. With no time to explain her actions, Abby must either influence the outcome of his latest venture and save his company or accept her role as his mistress and leave his fate to chance. Does she love him enough to risk losing him for good?

I fell in love with all of these characters. I really enjoyed this book. I found myself invested in this story and chuckling throughout. Hang on to your seats cause this book takes you on a ride that is sure to thrill you!
on April 5, 2016
I loved the story. Such a lively, bolshy heroine in Abigail, a schoolteacher who undertook the challenge of caring for and changing the hero, billionaire Dominic's outlook on life. She really was quite remarkable.
Oh, and the hero, just where do I find me one?
The narration was good. I found that once I got used to the different voices I knew who the person was.
Most enjoyable easy listen with sparks flying between the two main characters for most of the story.
I like Ruth Cardello's style of writing and would recommend you giving this book a read or a listen.
on January 22, 2015
I like the plot and setting of the book but I felt it moved way too fast for my tastes. It also ended rather abruptly which I'm sure leads on to the next book. Again not my tastes but oh well. I like complete stories instead of a run on series. Still a good book.
on October 11, 2015
I liked several things about this book. A/ it stands on its own although part of a series. B/ albeit things moved rather swiftly, the focus was more about character and character growth, rather than based on someone's wealth or lack there of; much like a short, modern version of Pride and Prejudice; C/ it didn't rely on scads of cold, raw sex scenes; the intimate scenes were romantic.
D/ compared to many e books I have read, this one had very few editing issues which did not hinder my reading enjoyment: pg 28 @ loc. 496 missing 'the' in: rest of information; pg 126, @loc.1992: "things if it the speaker; pg 139 @loc 2194: in a temple for at the Summer Palace (just doesn't make sense to me- maybe 'for' should not be there?)

All in all, I enjoyed it.
Dorothy