5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS
After trying on over a dozen shape wear items (for under my wedding dress) including thigh slimmers and waist nippers with & without attached underwear, etc. this was the clear winner. Here's why it's good for me, if you are similar it's good for you too:

I am 5'9" 140 lb. I got the medium.

1. No rolling! sitting, standing, no rolling.
2...
Published on January 9, 2009 by M. T. Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars firm control waistnipper
The service was great, received in a very timely manner. The only problem I have with it is for me I would have liked more support. It is bad to roll. As long as your standing, it works really well, but when you sit down, it rolls.
Published on January 9, 2007 by M. Hancock

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS, January 9, 2009
M. T. Martin (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maidenform Flexees Women's Shapewear Waist Nipper Firm Control (Apparel)

I am 5'9" 140 lb. I got the medium.

1. No rolling! sitting, standing, no rolling.
2. Creates a smooth silhouette, no sudden indents, no fat roll spilling out the top.
3. No tugging, it's snug enough to stay in place.
4. It's shaped like an hourglass so it pulls in more at the narrowest part of you waist, total enhancement of that beautiful shape.
5. Covers a good amount- I have a longer torso and it goes from a little under the bust to the top pelvis bones (the product photo is fairly accurate, though I think I had it pulled up a little higher). Somehow it even perks the bust up a bit.
6. Perfect under the dress b/c you can wear any type of panties so using the bathroom won't be a major ordeal.
7. While the fabric is incredible strong it isn't super thick like many long-line bras so it is cooler under the dress and truly thins you out.
8. It isn't ugly. I have a reasonably thin, nice figure and much of the shape wear I tried on was actually unflattering on me and ugly as a garment.
9. It actually feels good to wear. I really feel it is pulling me in and smoothing me out without anything digging in, riding up, or spilling out.

Shape wear should be snug. You should feel a good deal of compression, so I do recommend ordering your true size. This is a great product. I could see using it after the wedding as well under other dresses and nice clothes.

5.0 out of 5 stars always, September 27, 2007
i have worn and used this product for years (10 or so) i regularly replace them when they have worn out. i wear one @125lbs and i wore one @202lbs...if it rolls its because you bought one to small; also i never unhook it i just pull it off and on. most importanly though is to wear it w/the hooks on your back not tummy!! i swear by this product!!!! i wish everyone knew about them, and the trick to slip it on backwards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Spanx, November 2, 2012
So I couldn't decide between the Flexees vs. the Squeem shapewear so I bought both to compare. To be honest I kept both but here's some feedback if it helps anyone.

I am 5'4", 130lbs, 35" bust, 30.5"waist, 35" hips.

If you are looking for good waist control the Flexees definitely does the job at a GREAT price. I bought the medium and it fits perfectly (it was hard to pick a size after reading all the reviews). I can wear it for hours, but definitely after 8 hours you will start noticing the boning jabbing into your chest. I am not well endowed but if you are I would imagine it would be a lot more painful/troublesome. Bottom line though, it really smooths out my sides and gives me curves where I don't really have them. I wear it interchangeably with the Squeem (described below). I never wore any kind of waist controller before a few months ago and now I'm addicted. I didn't think I would want to wear them everyday but it's actually quite comfortable and keeps my posture. I don't know about the reviews that say to wear it backwards....I wear it w/the closures in the front and it looks/works great.

The Squeem is made out of a weird material I thought I would hate but it's also quite comfortable. The Squeem definitely has firmer control and pulls my waist in a little bit more. I can also wear this for about 8 hours a day before I really start noticing it. I bought this in the medium and to my surprise it came with 2 rows of eye hooks that give you about 1/2 inch option (i.e. tighter if you want it). I think this extra row is great. This is more expensive than the Flexee but gives firmer control. There is a "plastic" smell but other people won't notice it and you only notice it when you are taking in on/off.

I have a pair of Spanx. Don't bother buying any kind of control from them. They don't do as good of a job, and in order for them to stay put they need to snap at the crotch (really annoying when it's bathroom time) AND they have straps that pull on your shoulders. And they are insanely expensive compared to Flexees or Squeems.

Bottom line - worth the price and works well

4.0 out of 5 stars Order larger size for best fit, March 3, 2012
Purchased directly from Amazon. The quality is very good -- same as what you'd get in a department store.

As a former intimate apparel salesperson (and daily wearer of shapewear), I thought I'd offer some advice on waistnippers:

Order a size (or two) larger than you'd normally wear in shapewear. For example, when I was a size 4/6 at 125 lbs, I wore this item in a Medium. Now, at size 16/18, I wear this in a 3XL. My waist is much smaller than my hips, and as sad as it is, the 3XL is the best size. I'm also 5'3" with an average length torso, and this particular waistnipper is just the right length. The hooks may show through if you wear tight, clingy fabric, but for cotton dress shirts, it's not noticeable.

I saw some reviews where people say that their fat rolls are coming out of the top/bottom, but that means that the size they ordered is too small. This product will smooth and shape a bit (but don't expect miracles from any shapewear). Besides, you don't really want to squish your internal organs for hours on end. I wore one in my proper size all day and it didn't roll up or down. It's not the most comfortable clothing item to wear, but it's reasonable. Overall, I give it four stars for quality and comfort. It smoothed the little bulge that sometimes appears under my size 16 dress shirts and seemed to make my size 18 jeans an inch looser in the waist/hips. The slight discomfort comes from poor posture when wearing it, so this helped me stand/sit up straight. Sounds like a winner to me.

Other tips: 1. Wear it with the hooks in front (otherwise, your belly not be cinched firmly enough). 2. Hand wash, then roll it in a towel to remove excess water, and then hang the shapewear to dry. The elasticity and boning will last much longer than if you machine-wash it.

3.0 out of 5 stars firm control waistnipper, January 9, 2007
M. Hancock (Southern KY USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, this is Wonderful, July 15, 2006
I measured before I put it on and again afterwards and I lost over 2 inches! It stays in place and is suprisingly comfortable. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think I love this more than the Squeem shapewear, July 22, 2014
I have been a fan of the Squeem cincher for a couple of years now but I must say overtime that it becomes quite itchy. The Flexees is the exact opposite. I have not had any allergic reactions to the material. It also gives me the hourglass look that I love without the uncomfortable feeling. It fit as expected (I'm a large size 12). I would definitely suggest to anyone to at least give it a shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, July 27, 2011
I bought this product, because I was 4 month post partum and had excess skin. After my first pregnancy I used post partum wraps that helped,but didn't fit me very well. I decided to try this and it is absolutely amazing! I bought my first one in a size medium and it fit perfectly. It is virtually invisble and helped me fit into my pants better. Two weeks after I bought it I noticed that a lot of my excess skin had disappeared and that the waistnipper was too big. I just received my small today and it fits the way it should. I probably use this product differently than most do. I wear it everyday and exercise in it. I would recommend this product to women who just want a sexy silhouette and no muffintop to women who want help shrinking their waist for good. The quality is great and I will continue using this product after every pregnancy (I plan on having 2 more kids)

5.0 out of 5 stars The flexee fits sooo comfortable, I forget im wearing it, July 5, 2014
This really works . Two years postpartum Im still lugging 30 extra pounds around . I was resigned to wearing coverups and empire waist styles until I am motivated to exercise and kick my coke and cheezit addiction .Im 5 ft 9 165lbs . I used the shapewear measurement as a guide . My waist was two inches larger than the medium but I wanted a hourglass look so I chose the medium.
The flexee fits sooo comfortable , I forget im wearing it. It flattens my tummy controls the jiggle and gives me a hourglass silhouette . Its 1/3 the price of squeem which I ordered as well. The squeem was too large so its not fair to compare them. I returned the sqeem and ordered 3 flexees for the price of a squeem
The front hooks are my only complaint . Im aware of it so I cant help feeling like everyone can see them.Even though my family and friends say they cant tell im wearing it , I layer my thinner camis and wear a cami under thin materials .
I wear it when im buying new clothes because there can be 1-3 size difference in tops skirts and dresses depending on style and brand , pants just button and zip without a duel

5.0 out of 5 stars It does exactly what I wanted, July 30, 2013
This is exactly what I was looking for. After having had three kids I'm having a little bit of trouble losing the baby flab. I am 5' short about 130 lbs and have a short torso. I was a little hesitant to buy this because of the mixed reviews but I bought the small and hoped for the best. I cannot wear this thing backwards as other reviews have suggested it pokes me in my breasts and hurts like crazy if I do. When I put it on correctly (hooks in front) I can wear all day and not have any problems! I love the fact that it gives my back proper support. It's not something you put on and forget you have it on but I don't feel like ripping the thing off my body and hurling at the nearest garbage can either! All in all I'm very satisfied with the results and will definitely be buying more.