5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite shapewear so far.
Published 22 months ago by Alethea

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I love Flexees. I have a few pairs and I swear by them. I'm 5'4", about 135 pounds and roughly a size 6. I've purchased Flexees in the past to smooth out the areas of my body I haven't since having kids. That being said, I am somewhat "over" having to pee out a small hole that is cut in the cloth of the one-piece full body Flexees so I bought this. First,...
Published 7 months ago by Katrina

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite shapewear so far., October 26, 2012
Alethea (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maidenform Flexees Women's Shapewear Romper (Apparel)
I've been shopping around to try to find a decent WYOB body briefer. I wear a 36G bra, so ones with the bra built in are pretty much not an option, and because my chest is large, it often makes the straps on the WYOB shapewear dig into my underarms something fierce. The design of this briefer is so much better in that area than any other shapewear I've tried, by far. The straps are also nice and wide, and padded, so they're pretty comfortable.

So far as the sizing goes, I'm 5'9" and currently 200lbs with an approximately 37" waist, and the large fits fine, even though I should be at least an XL, even XXL, according to their size chart. I could go for a little more length in the torso and a little less stretch horizontally, but I know I have an unusual body type and don't expect to ever find something perfect.

Ultimately, I'm generally a really stingy person, and I've bought more than one of these to wear all the time. It's definitely worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shapewear, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Maidenform Flexees Women's Shapewear Romper (Apparel)
I had been using the Spanx higher power brief for a couple months. I have had four kids and needed something that just smoothed out my middle area. I have a very large bust and no butt plus I'm only 5ft 3in so I'm a little on the short side. The Spanx looked great but I felt like I couldn't breathe at all. It was also difficult to use the bathroom while wearing it. Not to mention that I felt like it was always going to fall down and was afraid my bra line/top of the brief line was going to show through my shirts.

This Flexees Wear Your Own Bra romper is wonderful. I spend quite a bit of money on really good supportive bras so I'm glad I can easily wear them with this. The fabric is much softer and the straps are very comfortable. No digging into the shoulder and they don't show through on shirts. I weight 160 lbs and ordered the XXL according the the measurement chart. I'm happy with the fit and support though I might be able to go to an XL if I really wanted mega support. I'd rather get a more smoothing fit and be able to breathe than mega support and feel there is an elephant sitting on my chest. When I say smoothing I mean smoothing out of those lovely rolls. My waist appears to look very flat. It's certainly comfortable enought that I could wear it everyday and feel like I wasn't torturing myself.

I ordered this in black since my Spanx was the nude color. After trying on the new Flexees and wearing it for one hour or so, I came right back to Amazon to order it in nude as well. Also I would like to add that I'm a pretty thrifty shopper so for me to spend this much money on a product twice- I think that speaks for itself. Love this product.

I will update this review after I've worn it with light color to see if it shows through or not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better fit than many other shapers, December 2, 2013
I've been using this shaper for a few months now. This romper shaper is by far the most comfortable along my torso than many shapers I've tried. I have a shorter torso so high waisted shaper briefs tend to fit wrong. I'm 5'4", small build, size 4/6. I specifically have some jiggle around my midsection from medication included weight gain that has changed my shape and made dresses I wear for work fit in less flattering ways. Shapers have helped to smooth bulges and given me more confidence as these changes to my body have occurred.

For this shaper-

Pros:
1. The fit was as comfortable as a shaper can be. Firm control from bra-line to hips. The shaper is firm, but allows movement without making it hard to breathe when sitting or event rushing about all day.
2. The firm control lasted well throughout the day. Some shapers I've tried have stretched a bit as the day went on.
3. The hook and eye closures at the crotch were not too difficult to open and close for bathroom breaks.
4. Being able to wear my own bra was great. I imagine this helps women of very different shapes and sizes feel more comfortable and well supported up top.
5. The edges of the shaper at the upper thigh did not cause a line. I wore thicker business wear dresses and even light cotton sun dresses.
6. After months of regular usage and washing, the fabric and stretch has maintained well. I expect this shaper will maintain quality over a good lifespan (1-2 yrs).

Cons:
1. The straps tended to slide out a bit and showed a little when I wore a sheath dress.
2. As with most shapers, the extra layer did cause a little more sweating. The sweating was not extreme, but is a good thing to consider when choosing what to wear with it.

Overall, this is the best shaper I've tried. I would buy it again and recommend it to friends. The price is great for the quality and I am very pleased with my purchase. The only reason this is a 4 star rating is the strap issue. I may try the adjustable thinner strap from Flexees to see how it works for dresses with cuts that expose more shoulder or have thinner straps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle hold, February 9, 2014
This is my first piece of shapewear, and I'm finding it just as expected. Other reviews say it holds in only as firmly as a swimsuit, and while I agree that it's no corset, I get several inches of reduction on my belly (most of my chub is on my belly). I'm 5'6", 175 pounds, and I ordered the extra large size. The bit between the legs that you undo to go to the bathroom is quite like a bra hook and definitely has a learning curve to operate down there, but it does catch firmly once you get it lined up. It washes well. I will get something a little firmer in the future, but this is a good beginner/relaxed piece. My only complaint, truly, is that the straps are pretty wide and make me realize how many deep-v t-shirts I have. They definitely show in most tops other than crew necks or button-ups.

4.0 out of 5 stars good but size down and have a bathroom plan, June 30, 2014
This review is from: Maidenform Flexees Women's Shapewear Romper (Apparel)
I bought this in my size, and it does a good job smoothing and is just as comfy as wearing a tank top but to get the true shaping I think a size smaller would have been a better option. Other reviews seem to concur. The shapewear stayed put and worked well with both regular and padded bras. I was able to wear it on a hot day without dying of sweat and though it did not make me look thinner it did keep me looking cohesive and sucked me in a little in the tummy area on a dress I could not wear without support.

The only real problem is that the snaps on the bottom are really cumbersome to get both on and off and it is a lot of work to get it off underneath clothes because it stretches from top to bottom. I wish I had thought of this before I put off using the bathroom the first wear and was dancing around like a 4 year old trying to figure out how to handle this situation when I really, really had to go and then when I finally got it undone spent another 10 minutes redoing it. My coworkers must of thought "I fell in".

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, June 10, 2013
J. Zhao (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
This product is great, it does what it's supposed to do and it's so comfortable that I could exercise or sleep in it. It's tight and soft at the same thing and the shoulder straps are nicely padded but not visible with I wear thin clothes.
I also haven't had any trouble using the restroom in these. The hinges at the bottom come off and can be reattached very easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, April 26, 2014
Y. Cai (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
I'm 2 weeks postpartum and I wanted to get something to help cinch the waistline a little. I'm 5'3 and currently 145lbs and my pre pregnancy weight was 128, size 4/6. I opted to get the size small and it fits perfectly. It's tight without cutting off my circulation and its comfortable enough for me to wear throughout the day. The material is soft and contours to my body. It's just the right length for my height. I love the full length back with straps because in the past my problem while wearing mid section girdles were always that they 1. Rolled up and/or down, and 2. Creates rolls in my upper back. The full length back with straps completed eliminated these two problems. In addition, the wear your own bra feature is great since i'm breast feeding and am in nursing bras and tanks all day. So glad I didn't spend $100 on some of the other ones out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, comfy., January 11, 2014
Nice fit. No binding or rolling. Retro ish due to the low leg cut- I really like that I can wear it with a knit or jersy dress and not have VPL. I'm 5'5", 36 DDD, hourglass and find that wearing my bra over it instead of under works best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, July 5, 2014
Now if I can only remember to wear it. It's really a good product, fits well. I am going to use for "dress up" as long as I have the tummy hip & back fat! It seems very natural in appearance. I wore it with a dress and tho I still appeared "heavyset" (great euphemism) the obvious bulges were minimized. I'm glad I found about this product. I'll be looking for flexees brand in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely will continue to purchase!, June 11, 2013
I love the fit! I lays perfectly on my body and holds in all the 'extra curves.' I especially love the wide straps. I've purchased others with the thin straps and they dug into my shoulders. That hurt! Your wide straps are perfect for my shoulders and do NOT dig into me or leave red lines! Thank you for this product!

Maidenform Flexees Women's Shapewear Romper