5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic seemingly durable top

Published 4 months ago by A H

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic seemingly durable top, December 14, 2013
Rae "Razz" (Queensland, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maidenform Flexees Women's Shapewear Tank (Apparel)
This tank has a tighter layer underneath with a soft outer layer. I have worn in twice in quite warm weather and it isn't uncomfortably hot to wear. It has been washed and came out really well. I really like the shape it gives me and does even me out throughout the torso. it also gives a smooth line down my back when wearing sheer tops. I am 5"4' and it is long which i like - I find I can create gathers to give extra firmness at different parts of my waist in accordance with the rise of the trousers I am wearing which helps so much. I also have mild back pain and was surprised at the comfort I got when i put it on - somehow it felt like my posture improved - might be related to increased sensory feedback from the fittedness of it.

The neck is straight across and firm which is hard to get in other tanks, so makes a good undershirt for low cut tops. I also love the seam under the bust. I am a 34D and find I can wear it without a bra, but after a while I do find I need to readjust myself. I am happy to wear with or without a bra depending on how long I am wearing it and what I am wearing it with. The medium does give good coverage though. I also bought the lace maidenform flexee which I think gives a little better coverage and holds my bust in place better. However, I would be less likely to wear it around as a tank without a shirt/jacket on top for some reason.

I have just today waited for it to dry to wear again - very happy with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for those with large bust, August 14, 2014
Compared to other Flexees Shapewear Tanks I own, this style has an extremely small bust area. It is far too low cut with an under-bust line that is much higher than other styles. The quality of the tank is excellent in other respects: nice feel to the fabric, good fit around the torso, acceptable length, generous straps. The small bust makes this unwearable for me, though. Large busted women, beware!

5.0 out of 5 stars Made of natural fabric - yay!!, November 13, 2014
I love this because it's made of mostly natural fabric (88% modal 12% elastane) and so is basically healthy and non-toxic, unlike most shapewear. It also feels good against your skin, not yucky and prickly like synthetics such as polyester and nylon. Modal, like rayon and viscose, is made from plant fibers, and so is acceptable for wearing next to your skin (which is your largest organ and absorbs what you put on it). As the masses have recently learned about the toxic health-damaging effects of plastics, so too will they soon learn about the toxic, cancer-causing, estrogen-mimicking, hormone-disrupting, immune system-compromising, environmentally damaging effects of synthetic fabrics, particularly polyester. Manufacturers need to be proactive and make more shapewear, bras, and all clothing from natural fabrics, before they get stuck with a bunch of toxic inventory that no one wants to buy any more. Not to mention there's a large and growing market of health-conscious consumers who want to buy clothing that is healthy. I also like that this tank has a scoop neck, not a V-neck, so it comes up a bit higher on your chest. But I wish they'd make a style that comes up even higher on your chest, to cover up cleavage, so you could wear it as a chest-covering layer under ridiculously low-cut necklines; and also so it would be high enough to keep your chest warm in winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tank, April 3, 2014
Great tank will be buying other colors. Fit was great. It's soft and smooth everything out perfect. A must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminds me to sit up straight and hold my tummy tight, August 13, 2014
zenjen (Kansas City, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Middle age = middle flab.
Helps to hold your middle in place while presenting a more flattering view with your clothes on!
My tummy rolls my pants waist down and pouches out the front of my shirts without this shaper.

3.0 out of 5 stars a little tight, July 8, 2014
this is a little tighter than expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shaper, June 5, 2014
Dolores (LUTZ, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
I wanted a nice looking tight shaper, and this tank fits the bill! I bought it a size smaller to wear under another top. It's hard to find shapers in pretty colors when you need something to cover under the neckline of deep v-neck tops. This one does the job very well and is firm but comfy. I wish it came in more colors than it does. I own gray and blue and would love to have one in every color I need!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, October 9, 2014
I love this top. The material is perfect, so if you're wearing it as an under shirt, or a layer piece it doesn't grab the materiel on top of it. Very important. Fits well, I would say a little tight in the underarm, but I've always been a rather wide shouldered gal, so I doubt it would be an issue for others. Would buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well fitting tank, July 17, 2014
I'm 150 lbs, 34B bra, and this fits and controls nicely. I do find it has a little bit of a tendency to roll up but not bad -- I just have to coax it down sometimes. A great layering tank, the ivory color is a great shade of off-white. will buy some more soon! Also had great service from the seller, NY Lingerie!

2.0 out of 5 stars The chart is not right., December 17, 2014
I ordered it but it's a small I do wear a size 4-6 but this small is like extra small the chart is not accurate I should've gotten a medium but I went with the charts that the item is nice it's comfortable just a little too snug for me don't want the headache of sending it back so I kept it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›