1.0 out of 5 stars Runon Paradise, February 18, 2006
Tuck (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Language Minority Student in the Mainstream Classroom (Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, 33) (Paperback)
I agree completely with the previous reviewer. If I did not have to read this book for a course I am taking I would not have bought it. Sentences are obsqure, incomprehensible, internally contradictory, tend to be at least three lines or longer and may not contain verbs.

I think there may be some useful information in the book but gleaning it requires multiple readings of sentences and leaps of faith.

There is considerable irony here because of the book's title.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor writing = poor book, August 27, 2004
This book is a very difficult read, much like Carrasquillo's other books. It is not because the material is challenging or because Carrasquillo asks us to think at a high level. It is beause Carrsquillo's writing style is poor, and her ideas only halfway conceived. In this way, it continues in the tradition of her earlier works. (I have been unfortunate to read her books because I have worked closely with her.) Carrasquillo is simply unintelligible at times, complicating what are in essence simple obvious statements, unworthy of passing off as academic work. Definitely a book only for those who enjoy readin (or are forced to read) the flawed essays and poor writing ithat characterize Carrasquillo's work.

$29.95 $26.95