Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Major League Baseball 2K11 [Download]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Platform: PC Download|Change
Price:$4.99 - $145.42

on May 20, 2011
The patch for MLB 2K11 has been released, so make sure you get the patch for this game. It fixes A LOT of stuff! I would not agree with the 5 star reviews here written before the patch, there were many problems that made the game almost unplayable, due to fatigue bugs and injury bugs, and other bugs. Almost every bug and concern was fixed in the patch, making this game very fun to play now. It feels so smooth to play, pitching is a million times more fun.

Baseball fans will enjoy this game. I played MLB 2K10, last years version, and this years is so much better. Don't forget to download the patch from the 2K sports web site!
VINE VOICEon January 1, 2012
First, a controller is a must (preferably Xbox 360 Wired Controller) to play this game. As a PC gamer (snob) it's a little aggravating but this game is impossible to play without one. The menu system takes a little getting used to as you use the controller sticks to choose your options. Once you figure things out this game is a lot of fun to play. "Please support PC baseball."

The commentary is amazing, frankly. In 2K10 it started to get repetitive at times if you made the same type of pitch or hit to the same side of the field, for instance. In 2K11 it really sounds like they're analyzing your game as you play it. They even talk about specific milestones like your first day in the majors. It really adds to the immersion.

The player behaviors, on the other hand, seem to have taken a step backwards. One guy showed up to the plate half underground. The game engine sometimes gets stuck for a few seconds after certain events. You'll move your player around and the guy sits there for a moment then starts flailing around wildly a few seconds later. Every time I leave the pitchers mound to go to the bullpen I run smack into the opposing team's coach and they dance around one another. I'll do a stellar job in career mode with a ton of skill points earned and my coach will chastise my "awful" performance. None of this is gamebreaking but it's a lot of really weird game glitches that didn't exist in last year's version.

2K Games *finally* fixed the problem with training drills. The main reason I purchased 2K11 was because it was impossible to practice specific skills like hitting or fielding in 2K10. It was just completely broken on the PC and they never patched the problem; at least on the Steam version. In 2K11 when you start a career (My Player) you're able to work on your skills before starting a game. Pitching seems a little slower in this year's version, I'm always swinging too early on the plate. It's an adjustment. Aside from that and new player stats it seems largely unchanged from 2K10.

If you're a baseball fan with controller in hand and just want to play some ball against a friend or the computer, you'll be happy with either version but I think 2K10 is the better game. If you want to play career mode and build a player's abilities from the minors up, you'll need 2K11.
on March 27, 2011
And buy this game. This game has good graphics and I am using a 6850 and AMD 945 @ 3.4ghz. Runs smooth and no lag. Takes a bit getting used to at first (i.e.batting and pitching), but I am finding myself enjoying this game immensely. I have not had much time with it so far, but I cant see any show stopping bugs after 10 hours of play.

For the casual baseball fan that wants to play some good baseball on his PC. This is the game to get. I appreciate the fact that 2K is still supporting the PC. And likewise I will help support them.

Every year people complain that we dont get updates as fast as the console counterparts. But just be happy that actually care enough to release a version.

2K. I know you guys pour alot of money into marketing. But you should really market more toward the 28-35 crowd. We grew up with all the game machines and we are now the likely audience to actually buy the game.

To sum it up. This game is alot of fun and I cant wait for Baseball to start! Go A's!
66 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 7, 2011
I love playing baseball on the PC. This was actually my first baseball PC game since triple play baseball 2001 (which still is quite good). The PC baseball platform has been lacking in the 2000s, so I'm glad they've rejuvenated that area of PC sports. I'm looking forward to future releases.

My experiences:

- Realism. Woah...it's quite realistic! The graphics, animations, fan animations, baseball field, pitches, batting stances, pitching motions all seem extremely realistic.

- Graphics. As I've already mentioned, they look great. The player models look amazing. I'm using a Radeon 6870, but you don't need that. Any Nvidia 1gb card and Radeon HD 4 series and higher will run this game very well.

- Satisfying. There's something extremely fun about practicing and finally getting that big knock and base hit to win the game. Once you get the hand of how to play the CPU, it will feel very satisfying. Pitching is also satisfying because you do have to play to the strengths and weaknesses of the hitter you're facing.

- Solid broadcast. I wouldn't say it's amazing but it's definitely a joy to listen to from time to time. Repetitive of course (what do you expect, it's a video game), but there are definitely some refreshing lines and commentary.

- Possible future improvements. If 2k sports decided to give a considerable amount of effort into making it possible to put baseball on the PC platform, new improvements are likely in store in the future. That's awesome because PC baseball (as well as hockey) are neglected genres. Make it happen 2k sports!

Generally very fun and good companion to the baseball season. Cheers to winning.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on September 5, 2011
This is not a PC Game. If you do not have a game pad, and you are expecting to play this game with either Mouse or Keyboard, then look else where. I have an Xbox 360 controller for Windows and it works good. You can play with Mouse & Keyboard, but pitching and hitting is virtually impossible and base running just isn't very smooth either.

As I said, skip this if you do not have a game pad. Graphics are good and gameplay is great, but not a PC Sports title.
on March 9, 2013
I purchased this game for my son as he loves baseball. He's a huge Giants fan and he's seen about a million youtube videos of this game being played. Now, I saw the negative reviews that state you need a controller to play, we were okay with this as we have one. Unfortunately, the controls are just not there. There is no manual with the game, and 2ksports does not provide a PC manual. My son got so frustrated just pushing every gamepad button he could just to get the menu to go away. We were never able to change the default starting teams (even after finding a keyboard shortcut sheet someone had put together.)

I've asked for a refund, it's just NOT playable in it's current form. I would say that 2ksports decided to not even try to make a PC version and simply ported over the console version without taking into any consideration how you control the game. I would give it less than 1 star if I could. Wait for EA!
on July 16, 2013
If you're new to gaming please note to check your PC hardware to see if it can support this game.

If you don't know then ask a computer friend of yours. Without dedicated graphics this game is 100% unplayable. I just wasted $11 by not checking beforehand what the hardware requirements were. That was my fault but if like me you haven't played a video game in 20 years it's good to know this before ordering.

Funny thing is I used to work in IT so I should obviously have thought of this..so beware.
on June 17, 2015
I made a huge mistake by purchasing this stupid game thinking it was made by Electronic Arts.
Absolute junk. Not user friendly at all. Controls are very confusing.
Designed by 2Ksports no wonder it's a complete FAIL !
on April 15, 2014
I cannot say how bad it was or how good it was, because it never downloaded. But hey lets not kitted ourselves 2K did stop making the games and erase all traces that it ever made it in the first place. If yo can afford the PS3 get it and get the MLB The Show game. Its AWESOME., but only for Sonny consoles.
on January 14, 2013
This product is the worst . It's for a PC I installed it and had hardware conflicts ,took it out reinstalled it with more issues . Tried to join their support forum and they never allowed me to join . Called the 800 number and they don't know squat . Found out now my webcam is conflicting with x box controller and still no answers . Poorly designed software . No wander it was so cheap. I won't buy from them again , they wanted to dump their bad software and they found me.