Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Major League Baseball 2K12 - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 52% off the $32.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Major League Baseball 2K12 - Xbox 360
|Price:||$55.50 + $3.99 shipping|
- For the first time ever, play along with the real-life MLB season as it unfolds over a six month-long period
- Just as in real-life, opposing pitchers and hitters will learn your tendencies from one at-bat to the next, challenging you to mix up your approach on both sides of the plate as each game unfolds
- A revamped throwing system presents a classic risk vs. reward situation, as you choose to queue up throws before fielding the ball to save time, or take a moment to set your feet for better accuracy
- All-new player types let you decide your path to the Majors, as goals, expectations, ratings and progression are all customized by position and player type
- Tracks handpicked by SPIN magazine, featuring Cool Kids, Skrillex, The Joy Formidable, Grouplove, My Morning Jacket and more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Amazon.com Product Description
MLB 2K12 is simulation baseball video game, and the longest-running Major League Baseball game available. MLB 2K12 continues the evolution of the MLB 2K game franchise with a variety of features designed to please both longtime and new fans of the series. Features include: the six-month long MLB Today Season Mode, a dynamic AI system that adapts to your tendencies, a new throw meter, and improved My Player Mode, new soundtracks to play to and multiplayer support.
The Only Game You'll Need This Season
The longest running Major League Baseball franchise returns to the virtual diamond with MLB 2K12 from 2K Sports. Featuring advanced pitching and hitting controls, detailed player tendencies and scouting reports, and immersive game modes for any level of fan, MLB 2K12 is the only game you'll need this season.
Key Game Features
- MLB Today Season Mode - For the first time ever, play along with the real-life MLB season as it unfolds. Take charge of your favorite team and see how you stack up against the rest of the league over the course of a six month-long season.
- Dynamic Tendency System - Just as in real-life, opposing pitchers and hitters will learn your tendencies from one at-bat to the next, challenging you to mix up your approach on both sides of the plate as each game unfolds.
- New Throw Meter - A revamped throwing system presents a classic risk vs. reward situation every time you make a play. Will you queue up throws before fielding the ball to save time, or take a moment to set your feet for better accuracy?
- Improved My Player Mode - Want to be the next All-Star slugger or ace starter? All-new player types let you decide your path to the Majors. Goals, expectations, ratings and progression are all customized by position and player type.
- Soundtrack - Tracks handpicked by SPIN magazine, featuring Cool Kids, Skrillex, The Joy Formidable, Grouplove, My Morning Jacket and more.
Revamped throwing system.
6 month long play season.
Dynamic tendency AI.
Improved My Player mode.
Platform: Xbox 360
Top Customer Reviews
The thing though is that 2K12 is not a massive upgrade from 2K11. In fact other than updating the players and some other slight improvements it is hard to call this an upgrade more than just an updated version of the game.
What are the real meaningful differences? MLB Season mode is different as it snaps better to the regular upcoming MLB season. From a gameplay perspective, I like the new throwing mechanism where you have to be much more accurate with your throws or you will see them sail over the first baseman's head or easily miss your cut off man. You also will want to check out what they call the new Tendency system. As you get ready to make a pitch, the batter learns your tendencies and vice versa in a much more accurate way than in the previous version so you have to do a lot more adjusting.
Gameplay continues to be fun. You don't have to learn how to bat or pitch differently although you definitely do need to pay attention to the throwing as I mention above to ensure your accuracy. A good game that moves along fairly quickly and that you can easily play for hours and hours with your friends or by yourself.
Perhaps my biggest peeve about this game is the face that My Player mode wasn't modified enough. It feels the exact same as last year, with a few graphical changes. Sure you can now define your player to fit your favorite role (Strikeout pitcher, ground ball pitcher, etc...), but it just isn't enough. Realistically created players would be submitted minor league offers from random teams and be able to choose the highest paying contract. I haven't gotten much past the first game in my player mode, so I will update when I have finished a season.
Dynasty mode is an exact replica as last season, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I like that you get to start out in Spring Training, so you can get practice and a feel for the new controls before the games start counting.
All in all, so far, this game isn't anything that stand above the rest. It is exactly what you would expect from a 2k Baseball game. Needless to say, I am definitely hoping for an EA Sports title next year.
Just a small update. I am thoroughly enjoying franchise mode, just pitched a shut out with Josh Beckett in fact. My game has frozen twice when loading the last 2 games I've played, so that is a bit of a downfall. I've also noticed that at times the commentary is wrong. For example, one of the commentators said the Red Sox one the World series in 2008 when in fact they won in 2007.
I am digging through My Player Mode now as a pitcher.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Game kept stopping
Son very disappointed as this was a Christmas gift
This is the penultimate baseball game for Xbox! The price has skyrocketed since apparently the franchise has lost the license to produce new versions. Ouch... Read morePublished 3 months ago by skullmann
Item arrived quickly and was as described. Hours of entertainment provided.Published 6 months ago by M.G.