5.0 out of 5 stars This book has motivated me, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Make Life Work: Personal Growth For Today's Entrepreneur (Kindle Edition)
I have this book, Make Life Work on my kindle fire and on hard cover. It has inspired and motivated me to take the first step into pursuing one of my goals, having my own business. I found it easy to read, Great job Ms. Davis! Can't wait for the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific resource for entrepreneurs, July 27, 2011
The strength of Gemeem Davis' book Make Life Work lies in one word: ACTION. Gemeem Davis outlines not only lays out the foundation of what current and budding entrepreneurs can do to make their life and their business work, she defines specific action steps with space for readers to interact. This, to me, is important. There's a big difference between knowing and doing. Gemeem incorporates both seamlessly and allows the reader to incorporate her ideas while, at the same time, devising a customized plan. What I also appreciate about Make Life Work is that it doesn't sugarcoat what being an entrepreneur is or the struggle it will involve. Being your own boss comes with a host of challenges - most very exciting - that can discourage entrepreneurs. Gemeem's honesty in delineating the roadblocks and then sharing how to overcome them is an important "win" for those who read Make Life Work and implement the wisdom contained there in. Before we can market ourselves to others we must be able to effectively see and market ourselves to ourselves. If we don't believe in ourselves as businesspeople, then we can be sure others won't. Make Life Work makes that action item number one - showing how we are more than what we see and that we have a lot to offer with our niche...whatever our niche may be. As Gemeem Davis shows, it's not about how we help ourselves that matters but how we can help others with the niche we serve.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, July 28, 2011
Dear Gemeem,
I'm so happy I purchased your book, Make Life Work; Personal Growth for Today's Entrepreneur! I found it to be very clear and concise. I appreciated how you openly shared your journey -- as a new online entrepreneur, I was feeling the same overwhelming sensations you described. But not anymore. A trusted mentor took me by the hand and guided me gently and compassionately onto my true path. That mentor was YOU, Gemeem! As I progress along my journey, I'll continue my 'Great Conversations' and make 'big smart goals' in the manner you outlined in your book. I'm so grateful I discovered it! Thanks so much for lighting the way!

In Light,