Make Your Idea Matter by Bernadette Jiwa is the type of book you start from page one and just can't stop reading.

Published 22 months ago by D. Ursillo Jr.

3.0 out of 5 stars Title is misleading
This book is very different than I thought it would be. I thought it would be more about ways to present your ideas in to your audience in a compelling way. It ended up being a primer on branding and strategy. A really good read for a junior level marketer.
Published 18 months ago by N. Stewart

3.0 out of 5 stars Title is misleading, December 30, 2012
This review is from: Make Your Idea Matter: Stand out with a better story (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant, powerful, applicable, actionable and inspirational advice, September 20, 2012
D. Ursillo Jr. (Rhode Island, USA) - See all my reviews

From the onset, this hand guide is full of poignant, powerful, applicable advice with actionable edge and a naturally motivating tone, Jiwa offers dozens and dozens of sharp insights for the modern entrepreneur, digital solopreneur, blogger, or anyone who is interesting in making an idea matter: for starting a business, developing a brand, or simply leaving behind a positive and memorable legacy.

Every page is valuable, and, honestly, the price for which you'd ultimately pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for in one-on-one consulting or coaching sessions. Every insight is directly applicable to the task at hand: what makes an idea matter? Why does making our ideas matter... actually matter to *me* in today's changing world? Where do I start when developing a brand or marketing an idea?

Bernadette's style is no-fluff, invitational and very effective. If you're familiar with Seth Godin or Steven Pressfield's sharp styles and directly-to-the-point insights, you'll love this book and immediately begin to know how to make YOUR idea matter!

5.0 out of 5 stars So inspiring! A must read for micropreneurs!, September 30, 2012
Reading Make Your Idea Matter was like taking a huge gulp of air after being nearly drowned by the constant messages that come into my inbox promising that if only I "build my list, use this technique to get followers, buy this product to amplify my message," I can earn six figures next month.

The reason these promises seem hollow is because they are. I'm sure people can make millions by pushing this kind of information out to people like me and charging them for it. My problem is that I want the work I do to matter to people. To make a difference in the world. To actually help people or improve their lives. I don't want to build my list for the sake of building it or for the sake of selling something to people later. I want to start a conversation. If people buy something from me, I want it to be because they believe in the product or service I am offering.

None of this is to say that money doesn't matter - it does. But the REASON why you are doing what you are doing to earn money matters more. Bernadette Jiwa's phenomenally inspiring book teaches us that and more. The book shows us how to follow our hearts first, tell our stories second, and sell third - but only by funneling our sales through our hearts and our stories.

The book is written in small, very digestible chapters. It's easy to read. I highlighted what seemed like a gazillion passages.

Get this book if you want to run a business that not only matters to you, but to the people you serve!

2.0 out of 5 stars Make your Ideas matter by charging for the ideas that you already presented in your blog., January 12, 2013
This information was presented by Amazon as if it was a book. However, unlike a well-written book, it really didn't have a central theme or focus. It was assembled from a blog written by the author, and there was no attempt to unify the material into a cohesive set of ideas. Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read for entrepreneurs and idea makers, September 19, 2012
It is with much joy that I see Bernadette, someone who's writing I have followed for the past year, publish her first book. From the minute I read her first article, I've always thought of her and referred to her as a 'Female version of Seth Godin'. There's a way that Bernadette writes that exudes deep wisdom conveyed with the utmost simplicity. I think it's very easy to get complicated as an author with many chapters and much technical information to support theories and ideas. But in the realm of idea creation and implementation,which this book resides in, simplicity is powerful. Simplicity is actually much more difficult to achieve. Bernadette achieves it with a fabulous page turning mini-bible that no entrepreneur should miss spending a thought provoking and inspiring evening with. Well done Bernadette. Fantastic stuff and the start of much more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking & real, April 2, 2013
Really enjoyed a very easily read book that reinforced a lot of what we should always remember and reinforced it with valid & more personal viewpoints. You are right Bernadette that its not all about being the same or faster or better than X. It's all about doing/providing what your customers want for them - from that point it will grow. Thanks for having the passion & time to create this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why This Book Was A Finalist For The 2012 Influential Marketing Book Awards, January 1, 2013
The title of this short and powerful book hits on what may be the biggest frustration from anyone working in a larger organization who isn't necessarily the boss. For anyone faced with the soul-crushing task of having to defend and sell ideas to bosses or upper management, Jiwa's book will help. And if you happen to be a manager or small business owner, finding a way to encourage more of your employees to share their best ideas may not only help retain your best and brightest people, but also might lead to your next competitive advantage in your industry.

The 2012 Influential Marketing Book Awards are a curated list of the best business books from the past year by best selling author of Likeonomics and marketing consultant Rohit Bhargava (me!). The 15 finalists are selected from hundreds of marketing and business books that are released every year.

2.0 out of 5 stars More like a journal, May 8, 2013
I was pretty darn disappointed with this book. It seemed like it was just a collection of random journal entries that the author had accumulated over the years. I was hoping for a lot more 'sage' advice from an expert rather than random thoughts, pithy ideas and anecdotal dreaming. I kept trying to read it over the course of a couple weeks, but it just wasn't good enough and I soon gave up.

The book cover and title got me. It's well designed and I thought a book this good looking can't be bad. I was wrong.

Disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars About thoughts and some ideas, March 10, 2013
Eslem Torres (Monterrey, México) - See all my reviews
It's a more like a reunion of ideas and thoughts, kind like some blog post in a book. It's very easy to read and has some inspirational things but in some points tend to fall in the same over and over again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Should be a page-a-day calendar, February 28, 2013
This isn't a book, it's a collection of thoughts and ideas. While some people will really like it, I didn't find it helpful. Some of the ideas are okay, but most are cliche, heard-it-before stuff. There is very little practical, hands-on ideas that I could apply to my business. I was very disappointed. If you are a thought-a-day type person then you may find this collection useful and fun.

Rate and Discover Movies