4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun BUT use a Wilton plastic mold instead
Published 20 months ago by Momof2

3.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift
This was ok, my youngest enjoyed eating it, but it wasn't quite what I thought it would be. Probably should of gotten it for him when he was older.
Published 7 months ago by Rebecca Trundy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun BUT use a Wilton plastic mold instead, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Make Your Own Gummy Kit,9.7oz (Toy)
My 2 children (ages 5 and 7) had great fun using this kit on a cold, rainy day. It is easy, can be done with the microwave, a pyrex measuring cup, and a ziploc bag...AND a Wilton plastic candy/chocolate mold, which does NOT come with the kit. The kit itself comes with some molding powder (corn starch?) which you are supposed to pour into a pan and make indentations into using the back of a spoon. Can't see how this wouldn't be a gloppy, total mess, with no discernable shapes, resulting in a total disappointment for the kiddos. However, crafty Mommy had some extra candy molds on hand (the kind you use with Wilton candy melts for making lollipops, etc)and those worked perfectly! Spray molds with some non-stick vegetable oil then fill by pouring the gummy liquid out of the pyrex cup. Just throw out the "molding powder" that comes with the kit. Go ahead and spend the extra few bucks for a Wilton candy mold when you buy this product--with that it is 5 stars. Without it, I bet I would have felt like it was a total no-stars failure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked great, August 6, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Make Your Own Gummy Kit,9.7oz (Toy)
We had fun making gummy flowers and worms. We wanted to make gummy princesses but the molding starch wasn't quite able to give us that much detail. Still it was fun and tasty when we were done (and they give you sour sugar to make it even tastier). Only thing was I managed to get some molding starch in the gummy liquid so it got too thick the second time I used it and so I ended up making blobs instead of objects. But they were still good!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun With Food, August 10, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Make Your Own Gummy Kit,9.7oz (Toy)
This is a great way to teach kids about cooking, physics, chemistry, and patience...all with gummy worms! I bought them to review, and made them myself. I must say that I was rather impressed with the product, and have since recommended them to numerous parents. They do require an adult to help with the process, so don't think this is something you can give to kids to do without supervision.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a novel idea!, July 6, 2013
This review is from: Make Your Own Gummy Kit,9.7oz (Toy)
This is the second/third time that we have bought this product and we have never been disappointed. Lots of fun for any age and my 11 year-old never grows tired of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift, January 20, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea BUT!, January 7, 2014
Beej (CRAIG, CO, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Make Your Own Gummy Kit,9.7oz (Toy)
Good, maybe great idea BUT only makes 7 gummys, no molds (make your own from powder) and way way way to much $$$ for whats there. Basic ripoff from word go.

2.0 out of 5 stars Came with No instruction Sheet at All., January 6, 2014
This review is from: Make Your Own Gummy Kit,9.7oz (Toy)
Purchased this product for a present. We had to Google the product to find the instructions. Tried the molding powder...it really is not the most ideal thing to use to mold these gummies. Great concept but really needs to have molds that come with the product. Very quick to make....taste is not a gummy texture....more like a solid jello jiggler. Will not purchase this kit again. Will find a better recipe and make it with molds. Waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nasty, September 6, 2013
Emily Liman (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Make Your Own Gummy Kit,9.7oz (Toy)
These gummies were nasty! The molding starch did not work, and would not keep it!s shape! Do not buy this item!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a success, February 20, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Make Your Own Gummy Kit,9.7oz (Toy)
We got this for our son who was very excited to make gummies. There are no molds for the candy... you are supposed to make indentations in corn starch and pour the candy in there... which didn't work well. Also, the directions weren't clear enough and we didn't cook it long enough, so it was runny. Really, it didn't work well at all and it was disappointing for our son.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing!!!, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Make Your Own Gummy Kit,9.7oz (Toy)
My granddaughter was so excited about getting this product and making these. We followed the directions and could not get the gummies to set. Recooked per instructions and still couldn't get to work. Left in refrigerator for hours. Even put in the freezer and they wouldn't set. Ended up throwing everything away. My granddaughter was very disappointed!

Make Your Own Gummy Kit,9.7oz