5.0 out of 5 stars It's easy, August 24, 2012
This review is from: Make Your Own T. Rex (Hardcover)
After I had taken the model pieces out, I hesitated. There seemed to be a lot of pieces. Once I punched the pieces out which only took a couple of minutes I decided to make life easier for myself & started to pile them in number order. Doing this helped tremendously & I was done in less the ten minutes. The model is quite sturdy, though I don't think I can take it apart & put it back together more then a few times. The pieces are thick, but in time I believe the "bones" would get worn out from too much handling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Activity for Parents and Kids, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Make Your Own T. Rex (Hardcover)
This book was an impulse buy when we were having trouble finding a gift for our 4 year old daughter to give our 7 year old son for Christmas. It got set aside for about a month, because in our experience, building models has always been a fun activity in theory, but always more of a hassle in reality.

When our son finally pulled Make Your Own T-Rex off the shelf and we saw how many pieces were in the box, I admit, I was intimidated. But like another reviewer said, we put the pieces in piles of 10 (#1-10, 11-20, etc). The instructions were refreshingly clear and simple to follow, with both text and pictures to guide you. It fit together really well; easy enough that our 4 year old cuold pitch in, and sturdy enough that the model will stay upright and put together for a long time. The kids can't actively play with it, but it looks solid and sleek on the shelf - like our own little museum display.

The only negative is thatthey apparently haven't come out with any other dinosaur species. I think my kids would have loved to collect em all, if only there were more to collect.

5.0 out of 5 stars T-Rex, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Make Your Own T-Rex (Hardcover)
We ordered the T-Rex for the childrens section of the library. I was so excited when it came because I was having a story time the next week on dinosaurs. It was so easy to put together, each piece was numbered, and the directions in the book was step by step. I had no problem at all putting T-Rex togather, and the children just love it. I highly recommend this for anyone who loves dinosaurs.

Make Your Own T. Rex
Make Your Own T. Rex by DK Publishing (Hardcover - August 20, 2012)
Used & New from: $7.45