Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Makeup Makeovers Beauty Bible: Expert Secrets for Stunning Transformations
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on September 7, 2011
I waited for about 6 months to purchase this book when it finally was released. Then it arrives and it is the SAME book as Robert Jones' original Makeup Makeovers. This was so disappointing. As a makeup artist who's constantly trying to get new, fresh inspiration, I was really frustrated by this book. How can he publish the same book with the same TEXT and PICTURES again from a few years ago? I hope everyone reads these reviews because it will save you time and money if you know that this is the same as the other book. As someone else mentioned, there is one difference- and that's the added "Wedding" section at the end. To be honest, its not worth it even for that. There are better books out there for wedding makeup. Anyway, I loved Makeup Makeovers and I still do, just don't buy this one thinking you're getting new info from Robert Jones. You're not- it will be the same thing again.

I gave it 5 stars because the book itself is good info- but, not if you have one of his previously published books.

happy shopping :)
on August 2, 2011
I love Robert Jones I think he is one of the best makeup artists around. His models never look really nade up just like themselves but better. I belong to his beauty academy and have learned so much for his site that this book was only a repeat of what I have learned from his Beauty Academy. I also have his book "Looking Younger" which is the same as this little book. The ONLY diference is that in "Makeup Makeovers Bible", is at the end of the book he has Bridal makeup just like is on is site. This book is the exact same as his other books but is smaller. If you have any of his other books save your money as you are just buying a duplicate.
on August 31, 2011
This book is a very good summary, but do not be deluded into believing that it will give you a lot of new, cutting edge techniques.

The photos are incredible-- there is no other word to describe them; but I think the artists have kept a few secrets to themselves. If you look at the older models especially, the women in the "before" pics have wrinkles and lines and sagging skin that has absolutely vanished in the "after" shots. The techniques in the book do not enable you to perform equivalent feats of magic at home.

If you fancy yourself to be an accomplished make-up artist, you are probably already familiar with the majority of the techniques presented, most of which have to do with color-matching, contouring and shading. As I am 44 years old and fiercely interested in maintaining the appearance of youth, I pay close attention to people like Carmindy when I see them on TV...but I am not a makeup expert. I expected to get more than three or four tips from this book, but honestly, that's about all I got.

On the good side: It's an excellent gift for someone who hasn't yet acquired a thorough, up-to-date book on technique -- everything from choosing foundation texture based on skin type, to contouring based on facial features (face shape, eye distance, etc).
on August 28, 2011
I of course already own all of robert's books! BUT this is a great was to have the best part of all three combined into one easy to carry book. Can not tell you how many times I have had to carry more than one of his books around and now just one with everything. AND most exciting there is an index in this book which makes it a breeze to find everything I want to refer to! As a makeup professional I can tell you this is the perfect makeup bible, the best makeup textbook around!
on October 31, 2011
i am an instructor at a cosmetology school...this book is a great resource for myself and my students who are just learning the basics of makeup...i highly recommend this one!
on May 3, 2012
The good news is, you DO need one Robert Jones book in your collection. He is talented, and the tips and gorgeous photographs are great.
The bad news is, that never before have I seen so much content recycled into different books. He reuses the same exact text, art, tips, models, photos, EVERYTHING. He certainly has gotten mileage and his monies worth out of his text and photo shoots!
Do get the latest book, it is indeed great, but you only need one. The rest are all the same.
VINE VOICEon July 31, 2011
Having heard great things about Robert Jones, but never having been able to attend his workshops, I picked up this book hoping for a few good tips. I got a lot more than that! This is a fantastic guide to everything you need to know to take good care of your skin and find the cosmetics that work for you and make you feel your most beautiful!

Clearly written with terms and tools make the book available and applicable even to make-up novices, but the skills covered will be useful to even the most experienced. I am so glad I found this!
on July 20, 2015
The Robert Jones books are basically the same, with the model pictures rearranged. So, if you like one of his books and purchase it, rest assured it's almost identical to all his other ones. Now having pointed that out, I do like RJ's makeup style. The beautiful results from his application techniques are wonderful for special occasions and events. You can dial down some of the techniques for everyday wear. Overall, I liked this book a little better than his others, but it could be because some of the pictures were different. However, since great techniques rarely expire, I understand why the RJ books are almost identical...just wish I'd known that before purchasing more than one...because one is all that's needed.
on March 21, 2013
I was really looking forward to getting this book but I was very disappointed with it. It mostly talked about looking young, which if I look any younger (I am 24) I will get carded going into an R rated movie (which has happened). I got this book to prepare for my wedding but I have learned better beauty tricks on Pintrest. Do not get me wrong it is a GREAT book if you have no idea how to do your make-up but if you are under 30 I would not purchase this book, it will just be a waste of money.
on January 28, 2013
Yes, Mr. Jones' signature style is apparent in every face in this book. He is talented, but most of the women looked very similar. He states that he loves lip gloss...he is not kidding! I have never seen so much peachy laquered lips. (Except the gal on the cover and one ethnic bride toward the back of the book, I am generalizing here.) Most of the women looked natural, but many could have used more color. Do not expect any specific product mentions except for his own website, particularly his brushes. (Nearly $300 for a set with unusually short handles. Google reviews for more info.) He mentions at the end of the book about his 'forthcoming makeup line', maybe that has kept him from mentioning specific products. (Even Bobbi Brown has pictures of her makeup kit with products from other lines.)

I have a feeling that Mr. Jones wants to lure people to his website for more 'complete' instruction. He makes only a passing mention about 'corrective concealers', correctors are big news these days. (See Jemma Kidd's Makeup Secrets.) There are only basic guidelines for bridal makeup--as to what time of day and minor adjustments suggested. What about flash-back issues with certain products? For example: Sunscreen or HD powder...these are generally avoided, but he does not convey this. From what other reviewers have stated, this book seems to be a re-hash of his previous books. One could expect a bit more here, especially from a makeup, makeover, beauty, BIBLE.

Personally, I find that pro-MUAs (makeup artists) possess their own signature style and I respect and admire that. Even when we don't identify completely with all that they do...like over-glossed peachy lips...there is still much to glean. Mr. Jones fulfills this expectation decently. This book would be a nice addition to a makeup artistry 'library' (3-4 different authors minimum.)

Bottom line: nice addition to a library, but beware of assuming that his way is the only way to do things. He does his way very well.