Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

82%
18%
Format: PaperbackChange

on January 20, 2011
This book was a very good read, A good book for anyone that feel like they dont have any options about love and loving themselves. I would suggest this book for anyone that needs encouragement, motivation, or just to know that they are not alone
on July 13, 2011
I just got through reading your book. It REALLY made me think and reflect. I can tell that you poured your heart and soul into this book. It made me think about how I used to beat myself up when a relationship did not go as planned. I am slowly but surely growing into the woman God wants me to be. I have learned how my actions led me to those destructive relationships in the 1st place. I was struggling with learning my worth. I did not grow-up seeing love or no one telling me about it. So I learned on my own how to love and what love meant. My knowledge came from friends who were just as lost as I was.

As I was reading chapter 5 it sent chills down my spine and I had a Hallelujah moment as you spoke about Spring Cleaning. Pastor Stowers preached on the exact thing on Sunday. Amen! I know I need to toss out ALL the old baggage of my past to prepare for the future God has planned for me.

Usually I would read a book and bypass the discussion section of the book. However, I was compelled to sit and self-reflect on myself. Get to know me. Get to know how I got to this point and what I am going to do differently. I refuse to allow my past hold me hostage. I devil will not win this battle, for it is the Lord.

Thank you for this book and I will definitely be sharing it with other ladies. Many blessings to you as you continue on the journey God has set for your life...

Another MUST READ!! Aria: Sex Couldn't Ease Her Pain
on September 22, 2013
The song of the summer 2013 was `Blurred Lines.' Like the song tittle, somewhere between loving a man and becoming obsessed with having a man, Yolanda `Yanni' Brown blurred the lines and lost herself.

We as women take our hidden emotions and "place them in plastic bubble wrap" to protect that time in our life. Place them in boxes labeled fragile, and refuse to have the nervous breakdown we richly deserve. "Fake the funk!" Keep it moving and let the pretend healing begin. When is enough, enough? Sooner or later, you will deal with you!

Like many women, Yanni had to "lose to win." - She had to be defeated in order to get back up. Yanni had to deal with Yanni. Sometimes we have to be still and be quiet and deal with us.

"Making Love Better Begins Within - A Journey of Love Lessons Learned" is the autobiography of the life and loves of Yolanda Brown. It is a great read and a great book to sit with a sister girl and have a thorough discussion. The back of the book possesses a series of questions to make you ponder your love life. Yolanda is honest and gives readers pauses to re-think their lives. Great for a book club discussion.

Reviewed by: Marilyn
4.5 stars
on July 8, 2012
It can't possibly get more honest than this! Brown is amazingly bold and sincere about her own (adventurous and occasionally hilarious) journey to self-acceptance. With humor, wit and transparency, and without being preachy, she reminds us that WE ARE ENOUGH...right now...exactly as we are. And she underscores how critical that understanding is to the health of our current and future relationships with others.

It seems like we have so many "relationship experts" now. Someone is always telling women what to think, how to act, or who to be in relation to the men that we have or the men we desire. But when was the last time that someone dealt honestly with the relationship that matters most: the one that we have with ourselves?! In "Making Love Better Begins Within", Yanni Brown really brings it home. Once you pick it up, you won't want to put it down. And you'll find yourself re-reading it periodically just to refresh the revelation. Awesome!
on September 28, 2010
Great book for those looking to learn how to deal with difficult situations, quick down to earch writing.
on March 8, 2012
I loved this book. It wasn't preachy, and it wasn't a how-to guide. It was about a journey - not one that involved physical travel, but an inner journey that involved being still and very up-close and personal...with oneself. This book about one woman's journey is an inspiration, and once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. Before I read it, I thought I knew myself pretty well, but Making Love Better encouraged me to look deeper, to remove the masks, and to find, love, and become a better me.
on July 12, 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was an easy read, and went from one event to the next with a natural flow. Making Love Better covers love, pain, healing, etc. The author really opened herself up in this book to help others that may have gone through some of the similar issues. I loved it!
on March 23, 2012
One of the best books you can purchase for yourself or a friend. We all need to learn to love ourselves better. This book will help you shed some of your 'masks' and see who you really are.
on February 11, 2013
This is a very uplifting read! I enjoyed this inspirational read about love and the lessons of life. Great job, Yolanda (Yanni) Brown!
on November 13, 2012
I love the depth the author went to in order for us to be true to ourselves and be able to love others. She has given of herself in a way that allows us to share her warmth and experience for our greater good. She is compassionate and motivational! i can't wait for her next book!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse