Cuisinart DLC-2 Mini Prep Plus Food Processor, White
Used & New from: $69.99
Making baby food Is this a good product to make babyfood with?
asked by Amanda J. Fox on November 19, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
May be a little late, but I bought this a few months ago to make baby food. It's great! I use it every day.
Maegan L. O'loughlin answered on March 10, 2010
Comment | 14 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is certainly am late getting to this but I thought if anyone else wanting an answer to the same question came along I could say that I bought mine here just for making baby food... and I love it. In fact, I'm here to look at buying a second one because I accidentally melted the top on mine. :( Whoops!

For small batches of baby food I love this... but I've used it for other things like homemade salsa and to chop garlic and thought it was only okay at those.
Rhianna Walker answered on August 25, 2010
Comment | 13 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Do I need to add water to puree baby foods?
February answered on May 28, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, add water to puree baby food. Only add formula or breastmilk if you are going to immediately serve it (do not freeze or refrigerate food with formula or breastmilk added).

When we add water, we add about a tablespoon at a time. Green beans need less water added than, say, squash or sweet potato. You don't need to add hardly any water to pears and other fruits, so go easy. You can't really get the water back out once you add it, ha ha ha. Look at wholesomebabyfood.com for recipes and instructions on how to add water or process each fruit/vegetable.

We have been using this since we got it in 2010. We started using it for baby food in 2012, and are now ordering our third blade for it (when you consistently puree hot food, the plastic cracks on the chopping blade and renders it unsanitary). It is really a great appliance.
Cassie Ogle answered on February 27, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product