|Item Weight||4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12.1 x 9.7 x 3.9 inches|
|Item model number||TD020DSEW|
|Batteries||2 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Ion|
|Warranty Description||3 Years on Tool, 1 Year on Battery, 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee|
Makita TD020DSEW 7.2-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Makita-built motor delivers 177 in.lbs. of Max Torque, with 2,300 RPM and 3,000 IPM
- Compact design at only 1.1 pounds for reduced operator fatigue
- Quick release 1/4-inch hex chuck, built-in LED light illuminates work area
- Makita LXT lithium-ion battery and charger produces 430% total lifetime work with 2.5X more cycles
- 3-year warranty on tools; 1-year warranty on batteries and charger
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The TD020DSEW is powered by a Makita-built motor with dual steel ball bearings, and delivers 177 in.lbs. of Max Torque with 2,300 RPM and 3,000 impacts-per-minute in an ultra-compact design. The TD020DSEW will operate in straight or pistol grip positions. Makita's proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism are manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size
The TD020DSEW weighs just 1.1 pounds with a more compact design at only 10-7/8 inches long (extended) and 8-3/8 inches long (pistol), with an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. The TD020DSEW is also equipped with a built-in L.E.D. work light operated by a separate switch on the opposite side of the rocker, and provides illumination for more accurate work. The switch drive lock prevents active discharge in the case when not in use, and allows the tool to be a screwdriver in lock position.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The TD020DSEW can drive deck screws into up to 16 gauge sheet metal, drill a 3/8-inch hole into hardwood, and drive a 1/4-inch screw with a nut setter bit. The tool's versatile power, combined with the compact design, dual position handle, and powerful Makita impact mechanism makes this tool perfect for automotive, installation, repair, and fabrication trades, or for any pro contractor requiring a best-in-class engineered cordless impact screw driver. The TD020DSEW is just another example of Makita's commitment to innovative technology and best-in-class engineering.
About Makita's Lithium-Ion Cordless Tool Series
As one of the pioneers driving the cordless tool revolution, Makita changed the game with its breakthrough 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Series. Three years after its debut, Makita's LXT Series has grown from seven to over 35 tools, providing a wide range of cordless solutions for professional tradesmen. Makita also added 18V Compact Lithium-Ion for cordless power in a more compact size. Makita now offers 10.8V Ultra-Compact Lithium-Ion and 7.2V Lithium-Ion cordless power tools. These cordless tools deliver pro power and pro speed in an ultra-compact size. The battery charging system for the 10.8V and 7.2V Lithium-Ion batteries is ENERGY STAR rated for its efficient charging process. Makita's growing line of ultra-compact cordless tool solutions includes driver-drills and impact drivers, as well as rechargeable flashlights and several different combo kits.
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial quality power tools and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita applies leading-edge innovation to engineer power tools that are more compact and energy efficient, yet deliver industrial strength power and results. Makita U.S.A., Inc. is located in La Mirada, California, and operates an extensive distribution network located throughout the U.S. For more information, please call 800/4-MAKITA (800/462-5482) or visit makitatools.com. Makita is Best in Class Engineering.
Every Makita Lithium-Ion tool is backed by Makita's 3-Year Warranty that covers repair due to defects in materials or workmanship up to three years from the date of original purchase. Makita Lithium-Ion batteries and chargers have a limited 1-year warranty. Please see makitatools.com for complete details.
What's in the Box
Makita TD020DSEW 7.2-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit, two 7.2V Lithium-Ion batteries, 30 Minute Charger, two Phillips/one slotted fastening bits, and tool case.
Top Customer Reviews
1. This is a single speed, impact tool. The impact feature allows the driver to turn long and stubborn screws in hard material using a smaller motor and light weight battery, while also being very easy on your wrist. It does ALL the work.
2. As I said, it IS single speed, giving you somewhat less control for delicate work; it takes some getting used to.
3. As a trade off for its ability to drive stubborn screws, it does make slower, and slower progress as screws get more stubborn. You can screw in screws faster with a standard driver. But, like the Energizer Bunny, this thing keeps going, and going, until it gets there.
4. You are much less likely to strip the head with this tool.
5. Battery life is incredible and recharging is fast with the Lithium Ion system.
6. If you are going to be drilling, you will want to get special drills with a built in impact fitting. It does drill nicely, BUT, there is only one speed making starting a hole tricky in hard materials.
7. It has a nice LED work light.
8. The forward/reverse switches have a definite handedness to them. A lefty might not like it.
9. It is inexpensive. At $99, it is a great, reliable tool.
10. I enjoyed installing the windows, and used the tool for all aspects except drilling into the masonary. For that, I used a corded drill.Read more ›
The biggest drawback is that it doesn't have variable speed. So its either full speed or nothing. That can be a pain if you want a little more control in certain situations, like starting a screw in a tight space. The other small drawback that my wife didn't like is that it looks dingy quickly because of the white exterior. But that doesn't have any effect on the quality of the drill, so its a minor quibble. Overall powerful drill for the size.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I use this tool more than any other one I have, and I have a bunch.Published 14 months ago by Richard Gilbert
Longterm test by CONSUMER Advocate- only problem has been very short battery life and high cost of replacement. There are cheaper alternatives on the marketPublished 17 months ago by CONSUMER Advocate