Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Inception forum

Mal in the Background?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 21, 2010 11:29:17 AM PDT
J. Rust says:
In the scene where Cobb gets freaked out and runs into the bathroom to wash his face, there's a window a few feet further away with drapes blowing in the wind. I might be wrong, but before Saito comes into the room to see if he's alright, I can see the outline of Mal sitting on the windowsill behind the drapes.

Did anyone else catch this, or am I just imagining it? If she really is there, would that explain that Dom is in a dream the entire time?

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 8:47:49 AM PST
I saw her too, maybe he was remembering his dream, but then again when he was spinning his totem we never see the outcome since Saito interrupts. good observation

Posted on Dec 14, 2010 11:27:07 PM PST
Ed Shakarov says:
I noticed this too.

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 2:23:03 AM PST
DeLay says:
After rewatching this I think that Cobb was only visualizing a memory because you never see both Cobb and the window with the drapes in the same shot. I am on the side of the ending being real, but it is interesting rewatching it again thinking that he could still be one dream down in the end.

Posted on Jan 2, 2011 9:17:11 AM PST
Morac says:
Cobb tends to have memory flashbacks even while awake so I don't think that's meant to indicate he's still in a dream at that point. He does screw up the spinning top at that point, but I think he uses it again in a later scene.

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 12:40:04 PM PST
Jane Dove says:
If you look at his hand (right) whenever he's dreaming (Cobb) he's wearing his wedding ring. Whenever he's awake, it isn't there.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Inception forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Oct 21, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 20, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions