5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected Quality
The frame I received was 14-1/4" x 12-1/4" outside and not 14.8" x 12.8" given in the description. I think the packaging may have been 14.8 x 12.8. The frame itself is fiber wood which had a nice black finish with a slight luster. Frame has a 7/8" border (width) and is ˝" deep, the miters were well finished.

Mat opening was 7-1/2" x 9-1/2" so affixing an 8 x...
Published on December 18, 2010 by Paul11197

2.0 out of 5 stars Low quality build, go get a frame from Ikea instead
Published on March 10, 2011 by Tom

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected Quality, December 18, 2010
Paul11197 (Youngstown, NY) - See all my reviews

Mat opening was 7-1/2" x 9-1/2" so affixing an 8 x 10 photo worked well. The mat color is bright white. The other reviewer said the mat was corrugated. I would say that the finish was heavily textured as opposed to being an eggshell or smooth, the mat was also very thin. However, the mat bevel and texture looked good after the frame assembled. Included was regular plate glass as opposed to acrylic or frosted.

The sturdy fiber backer board includes a pullout easel leg for table top use and eyelets for both vertical and horizontal wall applications.

I also give high marks for packaging as it had a couple layers of bubble wrap and it arrived in perfect condition. I paid $21.99 along with free super saver shipping.

Bottom line, I got every penny's worth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and affordable, weird matting, April 10, 2010
It's a nice simple frame at a good price. The matting is corrugated, which looks a bit tacky compared to flat matting. I suppose that's a matter of preference, but it's good to know before purchasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!, August 17, 2011
What a great price for a matted frame of this size! The price was what attracted me and I liked that it came with an 8x10 mat already in the frame. As others have mentioned, the mat does have textured vertical lines, but it doesn't look bad. Good to know if you were expecting a simple mat with matte finish though...

Lastly, these may be best for standing rather than hanging. There is hardware to hang on the wall, but it's not as easy as a wire hanger across most larger frames. Still do-able, I have two of these hanging - it just was tough to get mounted right.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice quality, one QC flaw, December 25, 2010
I bought three of these to frame gift photos. One had a scratch in the glass, which turned out to be over the mat area, so I used it anyway. Finish quality is smooth, miters are flush and smooth with no break in the finish. Frame has loops for mounting horizontal or vertical, but no cable is provided to do so. Mat is very light grey with slight parallel striping groves, which you can see up close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Nice, March 12, 2014
Well Made.
Looks Nice On Wall.
Holds Pictures In Place.
Good Lord, they want a lot of words to describe a picture frame.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very close, but not exactly what I expected, July 15, 2012
This review is from: Malden Linear Black Wood Matted Collage Picture Frame, 4 by 7-Inch (Kitchen)
I have a collection of daylilies and I wanted to immortalize their "greatest hits" in a collage. Before I sent my photo files to the printer, I carefully cropped them in Photoshop so I was getting as much flower as possible in a 4x6 format. When I went to install them in the frame, I found that the openings in the mat are actually 3-1/2x5-1/2. The frame cropped what I had already cropped! Actually, the cropped look is starting to grow on me. The flowers are no longer formal portraits and seem to bleed together just as they did in the bed. At least that's how I've rationalized it. Just remember that you might loose a relative or two in tight family reunion shots.
Also be prepared to get out your magic mending tape. There is no way to successfully position your photos without it. I simply taped them to the back of the mat with a couple tape hinges at the top of each photo.
There was a small nick in the finish of the frame. I'm not sure if it came that way or if I caused it while unpacking the frame or installing the pictures. Either way, a black Sharpie pen provided a quick fix. The frame has a nearly matte black finish so the damaged spot is now undetectable.
The packaging that the frame came in seemed to be almost bulletproof. Sadly, the sheer quantity of packaging is not very "green" and not in keeping with the subjects I'm displaying. I know there's no way around it, but for some reason I feel guilty.
Will I buy it again? Definitely, now that I know exactly what to expect.

2.0 out of 5 stars Low quality build, go get a frame from Ikea instead, March 10, 2011
I only bought this frame from Amazon because of the two day prime shipping and the fact that I really needed a gift for a friend's birthday. Originally, I wanted to go to Ikea to buy one of the similar sized frames there, but I had no time so I decided to go with this which looked very similar although it was priced much higher. What a disappointed! It was more expensive, but looks and feels extremely CHEAP! The subtle lines on the white matt make it look even cheaper. Ikea frame definitely a better bet than this frame.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but, September 30, 2011
It's nice but, it arrived broken. Glass was shattered. Was not packed properly - just one thin layer of bubble wrap in a big box with 6 other items all from Amazon. Bummer. Now I gotta send it back and the box is way too large to return it in... sigh...

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken So Easily?, January 23, 2012
Maybe this was a situation only specific to me. I placed an order for 4 of these frames, which aren't inexpensive. The first time 2 out of the 4 frames were broken. They stacked the frames with the glass facing each other, with no protection in between. I returned the product, got a new shipment in with 1 of the 4 frames broken. I returned the product, got a new shipment with 1 frame broken, again. Three returns? Really? I mean someone obviously is lacking in the packaging department. The frames are beautiful, but I couldn't appreciate them because of all the broken ones I received. Three returns in a week. What if I needed these by a certain date? I would be out of luck.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware -- Very Poor Packaging, January 4, 2013
The frame, glass, and matting are as advertised. The price is reasonable for the quality of the product.
I had extermely poor results from the packaging. I ordered 8 frames and they were deliverd in a very large box with no packing material. The box was at least 5 times larger than it needed to be, the frames must have bounced around in the box, and of course the glass was shattered on two of the frames. I sent my replacement reply along with pictures of the packaging. Amazon immediately sent a replacement package for the two frames ... and guess what? The box for the two replacement frames was about 4-5 time bigger than it needed to be for the two items and again, no packing. Yup, again the glass from both frames was shattered. The vendor obviously doesn't care about being careful to make sure the product arrives intact, and the feedback (and pictures) I sent from the first order's damage were obviously ignored. I looked back at other comments, and now see that others have had similar problems. Buy at your own risk.