Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 8, 2014
This is a fabulous figure! This is the Jakks Pacific Dark Beauty Maleficent figure. I chose this version and brand versus the deluxe Disney film collection doll or the JP winged Coronation doll because of the way this one looks exactly like Angelina Jolie from the movie! A much better head sculpt here with this figure than any other, in my opinion. The head is made of barbie head material but a little harder, nice coloring to make it look real and fleshy. Horns are not removable. The arms are socketed at the shoulder and bend at the elbow joint; they do twist a bit but with limited mobility, just enough to pose the arms in whimsical ways, to mimic spell casting, etc. They are slightly less-quality plastic than the head, but still look real and match in coloring. The legs feel like hollow cheap plastic, like that used for a remote control. They connect to the hip with sockets but they do not bend at the knee, which makes movement there extremely limited and impossible for her to stand on her own without help from a base (not included). The dress is nice, a stiff fabric but fancy and pretty enough, with micro rainbow sparkles against black, drooping sleeves and a back train; what you want in a wizard's cloak. She comes wearing rubber, cool-looking boots, but they are not of a hard material or level enough to support her so that she can stand upright without help. The collar is rubber too, the front gem may be sewn on crooked and sparkles tend to come off the outfit a little when touched. I wish the overall dress was a slightly better crafted and sewn, but aesthetically it is pretty great. She seems to be 1:6 scale, fits in nicely with my other collector's figures, almost the same height and dimensions. I measured her at about 12.5 inches, including horns. Box comes with doll, dress, and boots as shown clothed in the picture. Staff and stand or any other accessories NOT included. I'm pleased with my purchase and would recommend this to a collector for sure, based on the head sculpt alone. This version is great for display once you buy a stand, but if you want something fully poseable and slightly better clothing and the staff, you might have to go with the pricier other version, though you might lose out with the face sculpt.
review image
on June 15, 2014
I am an avid doll collector and as such I am very finicky when it comes to my dolls. I have quite a collection of dolls most in pristine condition. Maleficent is a welcomed addition to my collection. The details are impeccable,her costume impressive and the doll is a doppelganger for Angelina. I am very happy with my purchase.
on December 27, 2014
The doll is great looking with amazing horns and a stunning, glittery, cape-like dress. However, our doll has two left hands or left arms. It sounds like a joke, like two left feet, but she really has two left hands.

So, I would say there is a problem but I can't return the doll because
(a) The box was thrown away in the chaos of Christmas morning,
(b) I don't have the details as to where to call, write, or email to complain, and
(c) I don't know what to tell my 5 year old...did the elves mess up? Does Santa shop at Amazon? Does Santa live in China?
on November 22, 2015
The packaging was in horrible condition! And since it is being given as a Christmas gift, I need to return it. It looks like it was picked out of a trash can very embarrassing I could never give this as a gift
review image review image review image review image
on May 28, 2014
I collect many kind of toys, but this one is my favorite! It is perfect! Just like Angelina Jolie!!! And if you haven't watched the movie, go watch it cause it's amazing!
on May 25, 2014
Measuring in at 13" tall (to the top of the horns) and dressed in her glittery black Christening gown, this Maleficent Dark Beauty doll is fantastic! The striking resemblance to Angelina Jolie is remarkable. The curved horns and head covering are fixed, they do not come off, but that feature with the dress make for a great look. Not sure of the material of the dress, it is a stiff fabric. The diagonal lighter rows with sparkles/glitter really make this doll stand out when in a lighted display. That said, being handled too much will cause some of that to fall off. The head can be turned so Maleficent looks straight or anywhere towards the left shoulder. The detailing on the eyes and lips is very very good. The arms can be rotated to different positions and may be bent at the elbow, allowing for different poses. The legs do not bend, however, they are in a fixed straight position. Her knee-high boots are slit in the back and are removable. The real drawback to the doll itself, and thus a 4 not 5 star rating, is that it will not stand upright by itself, it must be in a doll stand or slightly leaned against something. There appears to be a serial number stamped on the care tag, which is sewn inside the dress. Overall, Maleficent is a very nice collectible display doll.
on July 3, 2014
This is not my favorite of the new Maleficent dolls. I am pleased with her headdress and her outfit, but her face is way too gaunt. It is so narrow that it looks like her head is too small for her body. I will be trying one of the other dolls to see if they look better. This one was just the most affordable and available, hence why I went with it first. Quality is good though. She is well made.
on December 10, 2014
The doll itself is ok I guess, but the face is completely ugly; it does not look like the description. I would not purchase this doll until you see it in person first (it may not be as ugly to some as it is to me) Definitely will not be giving as a gift as I had planned.
on January 20, 2015
The Maleficent doll needs the Aurora doll to be best appreciated, We purchased both at the same time. While Aurora is part of playtime without Maleficent, the only time that the Maleficent doll is brought out is with Aurora. The Maleficent costume is well made and very true to the film.
on April 8, 2015
The Mrs. has kept this doll in the box for now. She is happy with it as an addition to her collection. I cannot give any feedback for how well put together it might be, as it is in the box. However, I can say it is a beautiful doll.