4.0 out of 5 stars CSI returns to form in season 12
Published on July 1, 2012 by Don Jariyasunant

2.0 out of 5 stars Started off good but quickly turned bad.
Published on July 11, 2012 by KC Koloski

4.0 out of 5 stars CSI returns to form in season 12, July 1, 2012
CSI is the long-running CBS procedural drama about a group of crime scene investigators in Las Vegas. The show was a big hit for most of it's run and eventually became one of the most watched TV shows in the world. However, the show had to go through some changes after original star William Petersen left midway through season 9. They brought in film star Laurence Fishburne as the new lead and the transition appeared to go smoothly. However, I think most fans can say the show eventually went into a rut creatively and viewership started to drop in seasons 10 and 11. It was no longer the top show on Thursday nights. After Fishburne decided to leave after a low rated season 11, CBS brought in long-time TV star Ted Danson as the new lead. He played DB Russell, the new night supervisor and a former Seattle CSI. Honestly, after I heard that Danson was cast, I wasn't in love with the choice. But, to my suprise, Danson brought new life to an aging show. I think the Russell character added some fun and quirkiness that had been missing in the Fishburne years and I think he gelled immediately with the cast. I also think some of the stories in season 12 felt really fresh and the cast appeared rejuvinated. The show also made the move to Wednesdays at 10pm and ratings were up. It performed quite well against Law and Order SVU and was neck to neck with the new ABC drama Revenge for the top spot in the timeslot.

Unfortunately season 12 also marked the final season for long-time star Marg Helgenberger, who played CSI Catherine Willows. Helgenberger left the show midway through season 12 and I think the writers did the character justice and gave Catherine a proper and memorable sendoff. The Producers managed to work their magic once again and brought in veteran actress Elisabeth Shue as Marg's replacement. She played CSI Julie Finlay, a former colleague of Russell's who has a conflicted past with him. I also think Shue gelled right away with the cast and made the transition very smooth.

I'm not going to go into lots of details about the plots in season 12. I will say this, it's a solid, well-crafted season and they utilize Danson and Shue really well. There's a few multi-episode arcs and a very exciting cliffhanger to wrap up the season. If you haven't seen season 12 yet, I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars CSI The 12th Season Returns!!, June 6, 2012
In the 12th season of CSI introduces the three new characters, Elisabeth Shue, Elisabeth Harnois joins in as the new CSI's Julie Finlay, and Morgan Brody. Also joining in former "Cheers" star Ted Danson joins in as the new CSI Supervisor D.B Russell. After 12 seasons, 263 episodes, Marg Helgenberger returns in her final season of the show as Catherine Willows. The 12th season of CSI contains 22 episodes!! And thank god that it's coming back for it's 13th season!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Started off good but quickly turned bad., July 11, 2012
I have always been a huge fan of CSI so don't look at this review like I hate change because I embrace change. I found the first episode to be the WORST season transitioner ever. It took them half of the episode to explain everything we wanted to know after the events of season 11 so I find I could not really enjoy it. After that weird stumble, it got better and I grew to like Ted Danson's character. As sad and hard as it was to say goodbye to Marg(Catherine Willows), her last two episodes were the best and most memorable ones of the season. I commend the writers on doing her character justice and sending her off well. The episode "tressed to kill" I found really creepy in a good way. After that episode the rest of the season(except for the finale)wasn't even worth watching. At first I thought Elizabeth Shue might be okay in this and it would take a few episode for her to grow on me. However after watching her performance three weeks in a row, the only thing I was convinced of was that she is one of the worst actors I have ever seen. Nothing is genuine about her acting and she acts like she's better than everyone else. You can also tell that while George Eads(Nick) tries to get along with Shue's character "Finn" Jorja and Eric(Sara and Greg)could care less about her and want nothing to do with her. If you're fans of the original characters on the show then don't go out and waste you're money on this season. They push Shue and Danson's characters to the foreground so much that you see maybe 2 minutes of the original characters per episode or they are cut out alltogether. CBS should really listen to their fans more because with Shue's extremly bad acting and Sara, Nick, and Greg getting pushed to the backround it is highly likely that season 13 will be their last. Way to sink an awesome show CBS =(

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, March 6, 2014
After Grissom left and Langston came in, the show felt tired and forced. To be honest, I bought these discs because I had all of the previous seasons and I wanted to give it "one last shot." I am pleased to say I was glad to find the writing was crisp again and the episodes worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars CSI - Season 12, December 18, 2012
Richard Fox (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This season went through a lot of changes with Ted Danson & Elizabeth Shue joining the cast and Marg Helgenberger parting the show. The cast, crew and writers pull it all together nicely and the show is as good as ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars it excelents, December 17, 2012
Amazon Customer (GUANICA, PR, United States) - See all my reviews
the product its excelent, I like and I purchased the next season with you. thank for that, i aprecciate that

5.0 out of 5 stars got better in time, December 9, 2012
alan wills (Brisbane,Australia) - See all my reviews
started off not so good but did pick up later.
Hated the ending, how long do we wait now??
Not nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Series, December 7, 2012
I enjoy the fact that I can download tv shows, and movies. It's relaxing when on a long ride to be able to view a tv show or movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars great DVD addition, November 27, 2012
This is a great addition to any DVD collection. I would highly recommend this DVD for anyone who likes this TV series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show!, November 27, 2012
Ted Danson is great in this show! He's been a good addition! I would recommend this season. Always action packed!

Malice in Wonderland