4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it was suppose to do

Published on November 27, 2007 by Samuel Hill

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it was suppose to do, April 17, 2010
Grant (Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mallory 61002M E-Spark Conversion Kit (Automotive)
I installed conversion kit on a 1964 Mercury Big Block. Installation was easy. however I was alone, it would have been easier to have another person to turn the distributor in the small increments until the vehicle started. I was in and out of car a dozen times until I got it started. I then set timing as usual. I did install a heavy duty coil also from Mallory recommended for this conversion kit. Since I don't drive the car much. I have only put on 200 miles, but it does start easier when cold or hot and idles a little smoother.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, November 27, 2007
This review is from: Mallory 61002M E-Spark Conversion Kit (Automotive)
The Mallory E-Spark is a piece of crap. I installed it precisely according to the instructions, verified proper coil voltage and ohms, and it wouldn't hit a lick. Their idiot tech support tried to say there wasn't a good ground between the head/intake/block. I guess all those bolts and brackets holding it all together don't count, and my Fluke meter is junk. Stuck the points back in and it fired right up. Go figger. Tested the optical module and it failed. On a bright note, Amazon gave me a pretty fast full refund for defective product.

Sam

4.0 out of 5 stars Car is running great, October 24, 2013
This review is from: Mallory 61002M E-Spark Conversion Kit (Automotive)
Same as for the coil, car is running great so far, have no complaints at this time, hopefully this will continue

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Mallory 61002M E-Spark Conversion Kit (Automotive)
Great choice for replacing your old ignition points. The included instructions are simple enough for anyone to follow, with one exception: MAKE SURE TO PULL OUT ALL THE SLACK IN THE WIRES INSIDE THE DISTRIBUTOR so the wires don't get caught in the shutter wheel. This may seem like common sense to some, but didn't register with me. Fortunately, I was able to correct this before the shutter ate through the wires.

I found that I needed some extra hardware to connect the new wiring harness to the stock ignition coil, but this depends on your existing setup.

Overall, great buy. The hour spent installing this kit sure beats maintaining points.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet!, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Mallory 61002M E-Spark Conversion Kit (Automotive)
This is a nice product, simple no worries. Easy install, immediate fire up, runs well. I would highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 23, 2014
This review is from: Mallory 61002M E-Spark Conversion Kit (Automotive)
The installation instructions weren't the best, but a friend knew someone that would rebuild the distributor cheap, so my dad went with that. Now that it is installed and the carb is adjusted properly, dad's truck runs great.

Mallory 61002M E-Spark Conversion Kit