5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Pillow Protector!
Published on January 17, 2012 by Paul Shupe

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaves a little to be desired
Published 22 months ago by Josh Axtell

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Pillow Protector!, January 17, 2012
Paul Shupe (OGDEN, UT, US) - See all my reviews
I never knew there was such a thing as a pillow protector until my friend told me about these. My husband has a greasy head and his pillows always get so gross and we are always having to switch them out. Now I can just wash the pillow protector instead of either washing the entire pillow or getting a new one. The pillow protector fits nicely on my pillows and you can't even tell that it's on when you are sleeping. I will definitely be buying some more for all of the pillows in our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every man should have one!, January 27, 2012
This review is from: SLEEP TITE by Malouf ENCASE Pillow Encasement Protector - Bed Bug Proof, 100% Waterproof, Eliminates Dust Mites, 15 Year Warranty, QUEEN Set of 2
My husband sleeps hot and drools over me all night so I have gone through a lot of pillows in our 10yrs of marriage. I needed a good pillow protector that wasn't loud and was very breathable for my hot headed husband. I have the Malouf memory foam pillows (Z by Malouf MEMORY FOAM Molded Pillow with Luxurious Velour Washable Cover, QUEEN-HIGH LOFT-FIRM) and love them so I thought I might as well try their protectors, plus the pillows seem to be a bit longer than a normal pillow and I wanted to make sure it fit. They came in this cute little box and they worked just as I wanted. The first time I used it it seemed a little starchy but after a wash or two it was great. I wish I had bought these earlier!

5.0 out of 5 stars Allergy problems solved!, May 1, 2012
I took my son to the allergist because he kept sneezing in the mornings. I knew he was allergic to something, I just didn't know what it was. The results of a skin test turned out to be dust mites. I immediately got on Amazon and ordered an air purifier, Sleep Tite pillow encasements, and Sleep Tite mattress and box spring encasements for every bed. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Having my son wake up refreshed and without sneezing from a stuffed up nose caused by the sinus infections from the dust mites is SO WORTH IT!

We have only noticed a slight increase in the amount of heat the bed holds in because of the encasements, but a fan on low can alleviate that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaves a little to be desired, February 17, 2013
The stitching is actually kinda loose, It seems like it would allow small bugs to be able to pass through the stitch. Also the way the zipper zips into the fabric at the end also seems somewhat lacking. I was expecting something that I could use to assist with a bed bug out brake. I have been dealing with this for a while, I moved, I through out the old bed/bedding and most of my furniture. I got this to be safe and protect my new pillows however I do not know that this product will work at it's intended purpose. Also I discovered after the fact that warranty is only good if you buy the bed with the case.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pillow Case Slips On It, February 15, 2013
I can't complain about the quality, just design.

It's a bit overlengthed for queen pillows, about 2-3 inches. As a result, it has loose ends and slips around the pillow. Also, it has a silky slippery feel and therefore - this time - the pillow case slips out from the pillow protector. Some mornings, I wake up to find the pillow case on the floor, or I would also have to fix it during the night. It also has the sensation and sound of sleeping on a plastic bag. It makes sleeping unpleasant. Eventually, you get used to it.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT WATERPROOF, April 25, 2013
It amazes me that companies can so fraudulently claim stuff that isn't true. I have mattress and pillow covers. NONE OF THEM ARE WATERPROOF! At best, they are water repellant. How then, can they advertise 100% WATERPROOF? It's just plain FRAUD.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it worked well, April 10, 2013
MK "Mirch" (Poughkeepsie, NY) - See all my reviews
Had bedbugs, freaked out and bought every encasement there is. It helped to eliminate stuffy nose that I think was caused by dust mites as well. This one is pricy and if you put it in the dryer it is a mess. So perhaps just wash and hang dry is best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, May 5, 2014
So far I have been really happy with the Sleep Tite Pillow Encasement Protectors. I especially like the way the zippers are unique. Not like regular zippers but they seem to almost melt together when zipped up that makes it seem watertight. Fabric is very light weight and soft and doesn't seem to "crunch" and disturb your sleep when you move. I've had them several months so far and the only thing I can mention to potential buyers is that I suggest if you have queen pillows, which mine are Queen sized Serta Scrunch pillows, it that you consider getting larger pillow cases. I ordered the encasement protector in a Queen size, just like my piillows are and then put them in a Queen pillow case. What I found was that the standard Queen pillow cases seem too small and didn't give enough room for the pillow to "scrunch" about and it made it all puffed up and super full. I went out and purchased two new King Size pillow cases and put them on and it seemed to eliminate the problem. The Encasement Protectors in Queen Size are nice and roomy -- but it seemed when I put them inside a Queen sized pillow case it didn't leave the pillows enough room to move around and were much too full. Now with the King size pillow case they can really move around. This is mostly a issue with the pillow itself and not actually the Pillow Encasement. I'm VERY happy with the Pillow encasement. Hope this is helpful to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and give me peace of mind, February 12, 2014
These are comfortable to sleep on - you can't feel them through the pillow case at all - and they give me some extra peace of mind with respect to allergens. I can't say exactly how much of a difference they've made, but subjectively I seem to be doing a tiny bit better with them than without them (to be fair, I also use anti-allergy pillows in the first place). They also seem well made, with a little flap that covers the zipper (although I've seen better there - the flap on these only covers the end of the zipper when it is closed, versus the entire length of the zipper... on the other hand, the zipper teeth seem finer on here). After my first pair of these I ordered several more to cover all my pillows. Only one thing to watch out for: when I first ordered these, I didn't receive the "ENCASE" pillow (in the black box) covers but the regular Sleep Tite pillow covers (in the white box). The latter are definitely not as good protection. However, Amazon quickly rectified the situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Restores my Ease In Expensive Pillow Purchases, April 27, 2014
Nowadays, if you want extreme comfort in a pillow, you have to be ready to spend quite a bit of money. With the cost of good pillows these days, I want security that the first spill won't ruin my investment. These pillow protectors do just the thing. I do everything from drink beverages while lying on one, to letting toddlers near them. The only downside to these is their effect on latex pillows--it reduces the flow of air within the latex material, and therefore, reduces the soft, cushy feel of them. Eventually air seeps out through the zipper end, but it's a slow process. Other than that, these things work great and are easy to maintain.