4.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping on a marshmellow cloud!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:48 Mins
So after finally being tired of having to fluff up my pillows everytime i sleep because they bunch up, i decided to go with a memory foam pillow, because i have a memory foam mattress.

I must say, the difference is astounding

Published on April 12, 2011 by WMWM

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange and disappointing options
In my quest for the perfect pillow, I first ordered a "high loft, firm" and a "high loft, plush."

"High loft, firm" was disappointing because it is only briefly firm, then, like many memory foam pillows after a couple of minutes, it collapses flat.

Published on January 16, 2011 by Clay Adams

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping on a marshmellow cloud!, April 12, 2011
Length:: 3:48 Mins

I must say, the difference is astounding

The smell: probably the first thing you notice, its not bad, but just let it air out for a hour or two to get rid of the initial strong smell, then after a couple nights, it shouldn't smell anymore.

The feeling: imagine laying your head on a pillow of solid cloud, the memory foam is heavy (good weapon for a pillow fight), and it conforms very fast and returns to original shape almost as fast.

value: at around 40 bucks, its a heck of a deal, i spent around 70 on the latex one Z also has, but i kinda like the memory foam better, because just holding it and laying on it, its much more relaxing and luxurious.

i got the high loft Firm, and for me, a guy at 6 ft tall, 175 pounds, its perfect

Update-5/19/12

After nearly a year or two, the pillow still is in great shape! There is no Yellowing (unlike my nova foam memory foam mattress), and it still retains its "sleeping on a cloud" feel. The foam sinks in and comes back up just as fast as before. Overall a tremendous pillow, I came back to this page to buy another one :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Firm Queen pillow, High vs Low Loft, July 22, 2011
My original pillows (non memory-foam) were pretty flat, and after trying a couple of options at Sleepy's (where they sell $100+ memory foam pillows), I decided to try out the high-loft firm pillow. I'm 6'4", 200lbs, and athletic, so I thought I would be more comfortable with the high-loft version.

The pillow itself was of amazing quality and comes at a great price (compared to those Sleepy's versions!) Very little to no chemical smell, very soft cover, and very comfortable. On the morning after the first night, however, I felt significant neck pain. The high-loft is definitely quite high -- even for me -- but I loved the firmness and the memory foam quality. I decided to keep going for a couple of nights, but the same thing kept happening: I would fall asleep fine but wake up with enough pain to make me use my old pillows again. I concluded that the 7-inch pillow was not for me, and decided to try the low-loft version.

Reducing the pillow thickness by those two inches solved everything. A perfect pillow, with the exact firmness I was looking for that didn't prop my neck into an awkward position. Why, I thought, am I more comfortable with the thinner one when other reviewers (shorter and presumably less broad-shouldered than I) liked the high-loft? I concluded that the mattress I slept on probably played a role. A firm mattress doesn't allow your shoulder to dig into it as much, and so you might prefer the high-loft pillow if you are a side sleeper like I am. My mattress is firm enough, but topped with a layer that feels soft and sinks a little. The result is that my head would want to be at the 7-inch height offered by the high-loft version, but ends up being more comfortably positioned by the low-loft pillow because of the way my mattress behaves.

I will point out, though, that both versions of the pillow are indeed firm, and that people who prefer the sinking feel of downy pillows should not purchase this item. I wouldn't call them "bricks" as other reviewers have, but would not like to have one thrown at me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Foam pillow, December 21, 2010
Pillow is a solid piece of memory foam. I always had pieces filled pillows of different types of fillings. They always shifted and I always had to fluff up my pillows even during the night. I'm a side sleeper and this is excellent for this type of sleeping and I sometimes sleep on my back also very comfortable. Quality is excellent. Plus all the good things from other peoples reviews, which I read before I purchased. Absolutely the best pillow ever purchased. One more thing, I can not sleep when it is warm and I was concerned that this foam pillow would be hot at night, it keeps it cool. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pillow EVER - and I've tried almost all the Malouf Z's, October 27, 2011
About me: I'm a side sleeper most of the time, had been using a rock-hard, low-height pillow for the past few years. I decided to upgrade to a nicer pillow, and I spend over $100 on a down pillow at a department store. It was really thick and started out comfortable, but during the night it would collapse on the side I was lying on, so that I was sleeping with my neck on a steep angle. I returned that one and proceeded to order about 8 pillows from Amazon, all Z by Malouf because of the great ratings and value.

The Talalay Latex - too springy for me. I really don't like pillows that let your head sink in too far, because it can feel like you're suffocating when you're on your side. For example, I HATE the typical hotel pillow. The Zoned Dough was really nice, but the High Loft was too high and the Low Loft was too low. The Convolution felt, as one reviewer said, like a slab of rock wrapped up in a too-soft layer of plush pillow. The contour memory foam pillow was ok, but the foam didn't feel as substantial as the regular Z Dough (probably because it is only available in plush, not firm).

The Memory Foam Molded pillow (non-zoned) was the obvious winner. It is firm, but not too firm - you still feel like your head sinks in an inch or two and is cradled by the memory foam. The low loft was the perfect height for lying on my side or back (though it might be a little high for stomach-sleepers). The velour cover and overall design seem very high-end, but it was a third of the price of the "fancy" pillow I bought at the department store at first. My boyfriend tried it and immediately bought his own. We've started calling them "magic pillows" because they are so damn comfy!

4.0 out of 5 stars beware 'plush' is SUPER hard/firm! 'firm' is more standard memory foam, December 9, 2010
This review is from: Z® by Malouf MEMORY FOAM Molded Pillow with Luxurious Velour Washable Cover (Kitchen)
i ordered both the 'plush' as well as 'firm' LOW-LOFT (queen)... i am astonished to find how incredibly haaaard the 'plush' pillow is compared to the firm. firm is definitely very firm but also pliable; using the 'plush' feels like my head hits pillow w/a 'thud' and after a little while slowly sinks in. if you move to a new spot on the 'plush' pillow, it is the rock-hard feeling all over again and takes a while for head to conform. i have been using memory foam pillows for the past 5 years and this 'plush' is the hardest i've ever experienced. i must admit, i don't like it, but the 'firm' is closer to what i expected, but still would NOT say "soft and doughy" like it is described in ad!. ALSO-- i ordered the 5" thickness ('low loft') BEWARE: it's definitely NOT 5 inches thick!! i measure it 3 times; it's 3 1/2 inches at best. fine for me, but others may find it too flat (my mom did!). i'm a little disappointed w/the misleading info posted under pillow's description but overall it is great quality, no defects/holes in actual memory foam (i've read of this happening), exterior cover is so soft & well made/tight stitching. the quality is why i rated this pillow 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outrageously good!!!, March 1, 2011
I got a high loft firm for myself, as I usually sleep on my back and a low loft firm for someone who is a side and stomach sleeper. We both find these pillows to be fantastically comfortable. These pillows are firm, without being hard. While preferences vary, I cannot imagine wanting anything firmer. They feel very natural and make falling asleep very easy.

I can't fully address whether these pillow feel warmer than other, since we keep the night time temperature on the low side. I suspect they might, in warm weather because they so closely match the contour of your head, but for this kind of comfort, I won't worry about that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite comfortable, November 30, 2010
I was a bit surprised out of the box when this pillow was significantly more thin than the king sized pillows we've been using for years. I've never used a "memory foam" anything before, so I didn't really know what to expect. However, the thickness of the pillow is actually just right. The memory foam is somewhat more dense than the regular foam rubber pillows I'm used to, so it provides a satisfying level of resistance. These pillows are VERY long. The two I bought, side by side, just about overlap the edges of our California King sized bed.

My wife, who has not been able to use a regular pillow for years and has slept with her head flat on the mattress instead, is even able to use the pillow. That's good, because I bought two of them and they are not cheap! LOL

I've noticed that I find myself waking up fewer times each night to change position, which has been a lifelong sleep behavior for me. This decrease in position changes cannot help but to be giving me a better rest each night.

I will concur in what another reviewer said ... the cover on the pillow is indeed very soft and pleasant. However, that's a brief pleasure since we ARE going to keep pillow cases on them.

Amusingly, the two pillows were shipped in separate boxes that could easily have each held three or four of the pillows. Each box had significant packing paper stuffed inside. I don't consider them an especially fragile item for shipping, but Amazon played it safe! LOL

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome pillow, February 8, 2011
scott (Orlando, Florida, United States) - See all my reviews
Just received my new memory foam pillow, and WOW what an incredible feeling this pillow has. I slept incredible last night(even with a bad neck) It wrapped with very soft velure like fabric. A great purchase would recommend it highly.. Ordering another for my wife(she trying to steal mine)

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange and disappointing options, January 16, 2011
Clay Adams (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews

The "high loft, plush" was also disappointing: As one gentleman here correctly advised, this "plush" was indeed super firm, which is what I wanted, and did not collapse. But, contrary to his post, the "high loft" that I got was so very high that (although I have broad shoulders) it was too high for side sleeping (and way to high for back sleeping). He and I must have been sent different pillows! By the way, why on earth do they use the label "plush" which means luxurious and says nothing about firmness?

Undeterred, I guessed that the "low loft, plush" would be perfect. Wrong. It was totally unlike the "high loft, plush" and was not firm at all!

So far the Sleep Better Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow, Gusseted Side Sleeper is the best I've found: It's comfortable, almost firm enough, and does not collapse so much. Unfortunately, I cannot find a King or Queen size version of it.

UPDATE 2/2011:
I got out my pruning shears and trimmed about an inch off the height of my "high loft, plush" pillow (this Z by Malouf Dough Memory Foam Molded Pillow) and it's pretty good now -- still very firm but now not too high.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Pillow!, November 20, 2010
Chris V. (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This came with the softest pillow cover I've ever seen. Very high-quality memory foam (it's a solid piece, NOT the cheap "gel fiber" material) make this one of the best purchases I've ever made on this site. Very highly recommended!

Rate and Discover Movies