4.0 out of 5 stars I really didn't want to like this book.....
I sat there, looking at the cover, being annoyed by the title and thought, "Oh brother.... this woman ought to get a life, I mean GIVE ME A BREAK!" and then I started reading.
And nodding, and laughing and even taking some notes.
Published on October 19, 2003 by Julie Jordan Scott

2.0 out of 5 stars Some Useful Bits, But Mostly A Whole Lot of Hot Air
I am an open-minded girl in her twenties who has read this book, which could be summed up with the following:

Published on June 3, 2009 by N.D.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really didn't want to like this book....., October 19, 2003
And nodding, and laughing and even taking some notes.
This is NOT highly intellectual. It may not be 100% new material. What it does do is package its message in a way that is workable, applicable, engaging and enjoyable to read.
I found myself mildly annoyed in certain paragraphs though it certainly was not enough for me to set aside all the goodness just because of that.
It would be like turning down some double chocolate fudge because I didn't like the serving dish. Just not the right response.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some Useful Bits, But Mostly A Whole Lot of Hot Air, June 3, 2009
N.D. (Darien, CT) - See all my reviews

Enjoy yourself no matter what the circumstances. Treat yourself on good days and especially crap days. Create a pleasure basket with goodies you'd enjoy for a trip, your purse, and your bedroom with snacks, toys, and whatever else that might strike your fancy. Play fun, inspiring music. Be confident; It will attract luck to you. Be gentle to yourself and others,not war-seeking (drama is not attractive). Write yourself a gushing love letter and read it often. Move your body like you mean it. Dress your best every single day. Celebrate your unique fabulousness. Screw the naysayers (not literally). Basically, treat yourself the way you want others to treat you, and you will attract the people and circumstances. You don't have to be loud-mouthed and diva-ish about it like her. You can be stealthily fabulous with your confident poise and actions. By treating yourself like a princess/queen/goddess, you are sending a message to the world that you deserve it.

How to win over and keep a man: Let him know when he's right. Give him a challenge to solve. Acknowledge his efforts. Let him know how you'd like to be pleasured. Celebrate him when he does. Repeat.

She graphically goes into spreading out your nether-regions to explore your body, then decorating it with glitter and colour pens, which in essence gives a good message in self-awareness and appreciation, but her delivery in this aspect is quite silly. Some might find it audacious.

You don't really need her exorbitantly-priced $5,000 program. You can get all the empowerment you seek for $700 with the Tony Robbins live programs, or his $200 CD versions of Ultimate Edge and Ultimate Relationship program...all without the specific references to your land down-under. Other authors' pearls of wisdom are also available too at prices that don't border on extortion. Think you'll miss the pink of this book? Then add a stretchy pink book cover to your Tony book or other book, and use a pink highlighter to mark your favourite passages.

Fun, useful read for the currently self-loathing and clueless. Amusing material for the advanced-level peacocks who already know how to work it.

There. Now save your cash and start your life makeover. All you need is the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Pleasure!, April 27, 2002
I have to admit, I felt uncomfortable with some of the chapters in this book. Why? Because Mama Gena discusses intimate details about sexuality. She covers topics I normally don't read about.
Thus it was sort of a shock to read her thoughts and how comfortable she is being a blatantly sexual person.
But I decided to open my mind to what Mama Gena shares in her book and I must say she has changed my outlook on life!
The goal of the book is to teach women to celebrate their gloriousness. She believes that many of us have let pleasure slip away. But we can become magnets with the power to attract good things by becoming attuned to our sensuality.
Mama Gena (Regena Thomashauer) feels women are Goddesses and should be treated as such. What do you enjoy? Do it. Of course there are many self-help books that support trying to discover your dreams. But Mama lends a new twist. She teaches you how to become attuned to your mystical and creative powers, to be fully in touch with your sensuality so you can be transformed into a glowing Goddess. As a woman pleasure is your birthright!
Buy yourself gifts, brag, flirt. Too much time in our lifes is spent focusing on what is wrong with ourselves according to Mama. Within the pages of her book are exercises, and inspiration to help you fufill your potential.
I read about Mama Gena in a popular woman's magazine. Apparently taking a course with her runs in the hundreds of dollars. But women report remarkable results, promotions, new beaus, weight loss and more.
Now you can fully enhance your feminity and claim the pleasure you deserve for the small price of the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprised man, April 1, 2002
By A Customer
Wow! What a shock. I thought I knew who women are. My wife asked me to read this. As a guy, I would highly recommend this for any man that is interested in women. If I could be so bold I would recommend this book for any woman interested in having a more gratified fun life and relationships.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK ROCKS!, April 4, 2002
April (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews
I stayed up all night in order to finish this fun, sassy book! Finally...someone is telling women that we should enjoy our lives...much more interesting than the alternative. It was easy to see myself (and ALL my girlfriends) in the examples given. I loved the book--I especially love that I now have the perfect gift for my mom, my sisters, and of course ALL my girlfriends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not What You Think, August 2, 2010
Zoeeagleeye (Belfast, ME United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Like some of you I bought this book with an embarrassed smirk on my face, looking in all directions to check if someone was noticing my purchase. Little did I know this would not be the book I thought it was.

This is a first class spiritual book. If you read carefully and look beneath the "darlings" and "beauties," you will actually see The Beloved smiling at you, beckoning you to enlightenment. If you are not spiritually inclined, you may well miss the invitation.

Do you have any idea that the following chapter titles are spiritual laws taught from Big Sur to Tibet? "Decide That Wherever You Are Is the Right Place To Be"; "Love Your Flesh"; "Expose What You Truly Feel"; "Follow Your Divine Intuition." To just name a few.

Mama Gena turns words that we Americans have come to distrust into truthful makeovers that give them a whole new upgrade in deeper meaning -- words like pleasure, greed, flirt, brag. For example, she says, "Flirtation is nothing more or less than enthusiastic self-love." And she makes you see that indeed it is! She takes the slightly sexual word, "gratify" and expands it into a soul-searing insight: "We behave badly only when we are profoundly ungratified." This has nothing to do with selfishness and one can see just how "gratified" Mother Teresa was or the Dali Lhama is with their lives! Mama Gena elaborates: "Becoming a lawyer or an accountant, or a secretary just to make your rent does not make the world a better place or you a happier person. Living your dream does." And she spends 181 pages teaching you how, beginning with the two most important laws of all: loving yourself and being yourself.

Yes, there's sex in it, but you can't be on a spiritual path for long without learning that sex is perhaps the most divine act of all. Another divine act: having fun. Sound trivial, superficial? It's not -- at least not the way Mama Gena details it. A true Master knows joy, and that is another name for having fun. She makes it all work so that we can play -- with the Universe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every woman should own a copy!, December 4, 2006
As pleasure activists and sex and intimacy coaches, this is one of our favorite books. Mama Gena reminds all women to get back to their deepest desires, to have fun and play with life again, both for their own satisfaction and because nothing is hotter than a woman who loves pleasure.

1.0 out of 5 stars Vapid drivel, January 5, 2011
I actually went out of my way to find this book on Amazon so I could review it and save someone else the agony. A friend of mine, who knew I was getting back into dating, gave me the book as a gift.

I'm struggling to finish it, hoping some great nugget of information will come my way. I'll give the author one star, since she is correct in that women need to be more selfish on the whole. But, her vapid and condescending writing style is a real turn-off. I feel like if I met her in person I would slap her just to snap her out of her ridiculous vacuum of "me, me, me". This is an annoying read at best, and insulting to anyone with half a brain.

I just have to end with one example of what she considered a "success story." One of her students, after taking her classes, held up a flight so that she could buy a book of erotica before the flight. Mama Gena thought this was just great and a huge success. I'm sorry, but when did empowering yourself make it o.k. to disempower everyone else? In the words of Jane Austen, "Badly done, Emma. Badly done!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Yo mama, March 27, 2002
By A Customer
This is an electrifying read. It grabs you from the start and takes you on a how-to journey to having it your way--with all the frills. Women from teenagers to those who are post-menopausal in age can gain important insight in how to have a life that they've only dreamt about before. Men can learn how best to relate to goddesses and in turn become god-like themselves. A must-read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pussy On, Sisters!, January 17, 2006
This review is from: Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts : Using the Power of Pleasure to Have Your Way with the World (Hardcover)
This book is absolutely fabulous, in a life-changing, joyous celebration of the power of the feminine kind of way. I picked this book up as I was recovering from a heartbreaking divorce. After reading the book a few years ago, I was so interested and inspired by Mama Gena and her school of Womanly Arts, I took her correspondence classes, and today, my life has never been happier or more fulfilling. I wish I could buy stacks of Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts and leave them in the waiting rooms and lobbies of OG/GYN offices across the country. THANK YOU, Mama Gena!

Used & New from: $1.88