Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on May 3, 2012
As a physician, I realize that stretch marks are predominately related to genetics... but that doesn't mean I was going to roll over and let whatever stretch marks occur! My mother has some of the worst stretch marks I have ever seen on a person.... But at 38 weeks currently (and VERY big... I have been asked if I was having twins several times by different people), I will have to say, I think this product has delivered as much as it is capable! I have yet to have a stretch mark crop up!

I started using mama mio oil at about 12 weeks, twice a day (morning and night).. and also after showers. It is oily going on, but soaks in very quickly. One of the greatest benefits, is that it greatly reduced itchy skin!!! Well worth it for that alone. I also had been given some Palmer's Coco Butter and had bought Bella B Tummy Honey Butter... I found the Mama Mio superior to each of them. The Palmer's seemed to clump up and get stuck onto my clothes when I put it on my very taught tummy (great for elbows and hands though). I found the texture of the Bella B Tummy Honey Butter to be slightly gross. It had a gritty consistency and did not absorb well into the skin. The Mama mio tummy oil definitely has a greasy feel at first, but I felt absorbed in quickly. Of the three, I preferred the ease of application, the light scent, and the long term feel of my tummy.
55 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2014
I bought this because of the good reviews but have only used it a few times. I don't like the greasy feeling and how long it takes to dry. it smells good and it does make skin soft but i ended up using Vaseline coco butter, burts bees mama belly butter and palmers and seem to be working great for me and is half the price. i would say this is overpriced product for the size.
on April 8, 2013
I was really scared of getting stretch marks during pregnancy because i got some when I was growing as an adolescent, so clearly my skin is prone to them. I started using this oil as soon as I learned I was pregnant (first once a day and twice a day after the 5th month) and now, 3 weeks after delivery not once stretch mark. I am still using it because it says it help skin to go back to normal. I also smells great and has a great texture.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on June 26, 2014
Loved it! I didn't get any stretch marks even though my tummy was HUGE (although I don't know if I can attribute to this or just genetics?) Even if it didn't prevent marks, I thought it felt great, was not greasy, and kept away itchy skin. Also, I used it daily on my stomach from 16 weeks to 38 weeks, and still have about half a bottle left. A little goes a long way - Good value!
on June 5, 2015
Best oil out there. This is my 2nd pregnancy and my babies will be 19mos apart, that's a lot of stretching in a short span of time. I love this oil, it's thick, no heavy smell, it absorbs yet I still feel the softness and protection the next morning. I wished I had used this during puberty and my teenage growth spurts! My belly at almost 33 weeks is still free from stretch marks. It really makes my skin so soft...might continue to use during Winter as I always get dry skin. It is so much better and thicker than Bio Oil. Don't waste your time or money on anything else. The bottle lasts a long time too since the oil is very thick, a little goes a long way and soaks into the skin gradually, no greasy after feel.
on June 18, 2011
I used the Mama Mio oil beginning early in my second trimester. I did not develop stretch marks on my tummy, but did develop some on my breasts where I was not using the oil. I can't say for sure if this oil is responsible for me getting away without stretch marks, I didn't exactly have a taut tummy when I got pregnant, so probably had some give already. I also understand that you're less likely to get stretch marks in your 30s vs. 20s. I did end up with stretch marks on my leg from grabbing so hard when pushing during delivery, so I am susceptible to stretch marks. I will say, though, that even these marks (which were very purple/red right after the baby) have faded to barely noticeable a year later, maybe a reason for hope for those who do develop them anyway.

I can't say for sure that this product definitely worked, because there are other variables, but one bottle lasted nearly my entire pregnancy (I did buy a second bottle mid-way through my third tri) so the cost is reasonable. Nice and moisturizing, so I didn't have itchiness problems. I'd recommend it.
on May 5, 2015
I either have good genes, or this product works! I used this morning and night starting my 4th month of pregnancy and until 8 wks after I gave birth and I have ZERO stretch marks. It did not really help too much with my itchy skin when I was super pregnant but it did keep the skin very moisturized.
on January 24, 2014
I used this oil throughout my pregnancy, and added in the lotion the last month. I am now 2 weeks postpartum and have NO stretch marks!!! My Mother had terrible stretch marks, so I assumed I was destined for them as well, but I believe this oil saved me.
This oil also has a great smell which makes it enjoyable to use. It also lasts a while. I used less than 2 bottles throughout my pregnancy so it's really not all that expensive.
on May 15, 2014
This oil is wonderful. I use it almost every night and it feels great. It makes my skin for wonderful, hoping that it is actually helping with my growth through my pregnancy. Will need to update after giving birth and losing some of this weight to tell if it's actually getting the job done, but so far loving it.
on January 18, 2014
I loved the lightness of the oil and the smell. However, I did notice that my breasts were still a bit itchy/dry after daily use for 2 weeks. So I switched back to a heavier (and cheaper) oil that I had been using before. I will point out that I have normally very dry skin.