Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on July 25, 2010
This is a good beginning mammalian guide for students, although the pictures could use clarity, as at times you cannot distinguish what part of the cat you are viewing in the text. Some of the shots are up close with no orientation map, in other words for the inexperienced student, the picture may be of shoulder muscle mass, but the student cannot tell whether it is left or right, or possibly a hip for that matter, as the shots are close up and do not have any orientation to them. I was able to find better photography online, making this text not worth the money photographically speaking. However, for the beginning anatomy student, the text combined with a decent professor is useful.
on December 19, 2011
I ordered this book as a supplement to my required books for my anatomy class in a veterinary technology program. It was extremely helpful, and I would definitely order this again! The detailed pictures and descriptions help to lay things out so they make sense, and it helped a lot both in lab and with studying. Definitely recommend this for any animal science students!
on December 26, 2009
It helped me pass anatomy so it worked great and I got the product on a timely manner
on June 11, 2013
The pictures are very detailed. The one thing I did not like is that it relates or calls certain muscles by human medical terms. i am a vet tech student (soon to be vet student) and I wish it had just focused on the terms I would use versus a student going into the nursing/human medical route.
on January 5, 2013
This book comes in separate sheets (three hole punch), so be prepared with a notebook binder or to take the item to a store and have it professionally spiral bound (cheap cost). Great cat anatomy book with detailed photos.
on October 2, 2013
This book was advertised as a paperback but is really a loose leaf. It was also in terrible condition when I received it. OVERPRICED
on April 28, 2012
This may sound petty but my biggest complaint is that the loose-leaf pages are not 8 1/2 x 11; they're about 9 x 11. Apparently it didn't occur to the publisher that the book would be used as a guide during dissection and the owner might want to put the pages into sheet protectors.
on December 25, 2013
Through the years, I have bought hundreds of things on amazon (loyal customer) and never had a problem. Key word there is BOUGHT. Since I'm a poor college student, I always rent my textbooks for science classes since they are so expensive. I saw amazon was now doing this service and thought for God knows what reason that I would try renting a book through them instead of Chegg as I normally do. WHAT A MISTAKE!!!!! They sent me a used book which is totally fine (I get them from Chegg too) and charged me $31.96. I put the loose leaf "book" in a binder and looked at it twice (once to put it in the binder and once to take it out). Never marked in it since my class never ended up using it. I sent it back on time only to get a reply saying that it wasn't accepted because PAGES WERE DAMAGED! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I NEVER USED IT so How is it that the pages are damaged Amazon? I sent it in the same condition you sent it to me. Then (here is the real kicker), they charged me an additional $34.94 at my expense. So now I've paid $66.90 for a book that on this same site is only worth $36.68 TO BUY! UN-FREAKING- BELIEVABLE AMAZON!!!!! Shame on you and at Christmas too. Chegg has never treated me this way and neither has the university bookstore from whom I've rented probably 50+ books from. I will definitely tell all of my college friends never to rent from you guys because you don't honor your own commitments.
on March 10, 2007
The diagrams are very clear and makes studing alot easier. Using this book as support during dissection makes understanding the anatomy alot easier and remembering the location of the required structures a breeze.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2014
I love anatomy and, when looking through this, I enjoyed the attention that was paid to the detail of the different parts of anatomy. It makes learning that much easier.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse