4.0 out of 5 stars Missed point
Good read. I think that Ms. Hillman totally missed the point. I would highly recommend this book to readers who appreciate writing from truth and one's own humility. Granted it is not all warm and fuzzy, but isn't that real life? .... And as far as the language, what bubble does she live in?
This book will change the way you look at animals and open your eyes to the...
Published on September 26, 2003 by Claire LeAfanne

1.0 out of 5 stars MAN AND BEAST
Published on December 10, 2002 by LINDA HILLMAN

4.0 out of 5 stars Missed point, September 26, 2003
This review is from: Man and Beast (Paperback)
This book will change the way you look at animals and open your eyes to the unworthy people who are able to own them. Support your local no-kill animal shelters.

1.0 out of 5 stars MAN AND BEAST, December 10, 2002
LINDA HILLMAN (MANASSAS, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Man and Beast (Paperback)
This has to go at the top of my list as one of the worst books I have ever tried to read. I didn't come away even feeling that Mr. Helton even liked most of the aniamls,that they were a burden, messy and expensive. The language used was pure filth, the only redeeming virtue is that untold numbers of animals have been rescued and placed, I hope the money I spent on this book goes to their care and upkeep, it will be the only way I felt it wan't totally wasted.

Man and Beast
Man and Beast by J. R. Helton (Paperback - August 1, 2001)
Used & New from: $10.49