Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on February 22, 2010
The fact that this dude speaks what he feels, against beats that arent mainstream, speaks volumes. I like Biggie, 2Pac, Face, and early Jay-Z as well, but that's where it ends. There is no more Biggie and Pac, a new Face album is rare nowadays, and Jigga is on his way out the door. NOT TO MENTION the fact the alot of rappers who try to emulate these cats wind up one hit wonders, or even worse, they go commercial and perpetually release weak albums. I am a fan of 'real' hip-hop, and what I mean by that, to clear up the confusion, is when someone speaks about their own experiences. If you never sold dope, then don't rap about it, etc. Few successful hip-hop aritists can follow this motto, probably out of fear or whatever but it doesn't get followed by the vast majority IMHO.

I don't know if you heard A kid name Cudi, Kid Named Cudi, but that to me was tight too. Maybe being from the MidWest (DETROIT) I can relate more, but I definitely felt that one too, especially 'Cleveland Is The Reason'. I front to back both these albums faithfully.

Personally, HIP-HOP NEEDS A DRASTIC CHANGE. Period. It was stated in another review [...], Hip-Hop has always done 3 things, and the 1st point was that it painted a picture of urban/street youth. That's true, but I have a question for you, at what point did urban/street youth start riding Bentley's and wearing 20 carat's of jewlery and a new pair of shoes everyday? Exactly, maybe 1% of them, yo D-boys and kids D-men, but that's it. So, why is all the HIP-HOP you hear nowadays about that? The majority of the hood can't afford that crap, and the music isn't uplifting them, it makes them feel insecure b/c they don't have this stuff, and makes them wanna rob and steal to get it. My moral compass tells me that's not right, and to be honest I get sick of listening to most of it. If they were really servicing the urban/street youth, instead of servicing their wallets, they would talk about their weaknesses, the struggles they overcame, and not about their wealth and fame. This IS something that Big and Pac did, and Face does, and something Jigga used to do, but even for him it's rare nowadays('You want my old stuff, buy my old album.' ?!?! Can you say crossed-over?)

Don't get me wrong, I listen to Jeezy and some other gangsta rap, and am a fan of Jigga still, and like it, but at a point the music becomes counterproductive to what hip-hop was supposed to be.

To sum it up, I give this album 5 stars and encourage him, Lupe, and any up-and-coming artists to make music about what they feel and what happened in their life, not about what's 'the norm', cuz we all know there is no such thing as the norm.
on September 26, 2009
KiD CuDi brilliantly combined hip-hop, classical, trance n electronica and he delivers lyrics full of determination and sympathy with a lazy but very exciting flow. This record is very creative, unique and futuristic... like a hybrid of Pink Floyd, Beethoven and Kanye West.
"The sky might fall" but this boy has this heart of a lion that it can't stop him from flying hyeeer and landing on the moon on a pursuit of happiness.

My top 5 (very hard to make a choice):
1. The Sky Might Fall
2. Enter Galactic - If you can't do what you imagine then what is imagination to you?
3. The Soundtrack to my life
4. As Simple as... (leaves you expecting another verse in vain)
5. My World / In my Dreams

I think he really thought outside the box and I applaud him because few artists can craft such a risky concept especially for a debut album. Hope he keeps innovating his music once he's done exploring the moon and comes back to planet earth... For now PRESS Enter Galactic and fly Hyeeer
on September 15, 2009
I picked this album up on a whim because of its $3.99 first day release price, and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not a fan of main stream hip hop, more the alternative stuff (the Roots, Talib Kweli, Common, etc.) but the production and overall story concept of this album was pretty interesting. The beats are sparse with a lot of spacey sounds but a lot of them are really catchy (hear "Alive"), and the interludes with Common are interesting because they narrate the story of a stoner, and all the songs fit into different acts within the album. This is the first hip hop album in a long time that is more enjoyable when you listen to the whole album in entirety, it's a steal at $3.99.
99 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2009
Kid Cudi has truly arrived with his debut album Man on The Moon: The End Of Day. Kid Cudi was the subject of much hype this year after his contributions to Kanye West's 808's & Heartbreaks and when DAY N NITE became so successful. Much weight was being put on his shoulders to not only become the next hip hop star but also to push the genre forward into boundaries it had never been.

Well I'm here to tell you that Kid Cudi has definitely delivered. This album is everything a fan of hip hop and music in general could want. This album is different sonically as well. The sparse production, never overproduced, the use of silence and space. The tracks are sequenced into 5 Acts to give the listener a feeling of a story being told but succeeds in creating a certain atmosphere that is unmatched. That feeling is dark, moody, deep, futuristic and unique. It's hard to exactly say why this album is so good but it really literally is GENIUS. Kid Cudi also has great lyrics. Some people may not feel his lyrics because they only pay attention to technique but he drops lyrics for the mind about life, feelings, emotions etc that grown people can relate to. The album is very mature and wise beyond his years. Kid Cudi combines a unique flow and delivery with a semi-singing/talking approach that works extremely well for him.

Man on The Moon: End Of Day is a crowning achievement and one of the best debuts in recent memory. Sonically the album is amazing (reminds me of ATLiens), Cudi has perfected his style. The album creates an atmosphere from the unique album cover and presentation of the album to the movie-esque back cover. He takes us on a journey with his music and is one of the rare times when an album is more enjoyable as an album rather than a collection of songs. What I mean by that is that the individual songs are great indeed but the sum is greater than it's parts. This album should be enjoyed and listened to straight through (like a movie...) to fully appreciate its creativity and purpose.

I HIGHLY recommend Kid Cudi's debut album as it is undoubtedly and easily one of the great albums of the year. Standing Ovation. Instant Classic.

*also included is a poster,DVD, and lyrics inside the book. The DVD is decent...nothing really noteworthy or prolific about it...just a bonus DVD. Also I bought mine from BB and there aren't any bonus tracks on the cd as it suggests on the cover...a big FAIL for the deception and whichever goofball messed up is fired or should be*
on May 21, 2015
I'm a huge fan a Kid Cudi and i've been wanting a record of this album for a long time now.
I was recently at a record store and seen this album for sale, it was substantially more expensive at the record store.
This is a good deal!

They only only thing i can say is wrong is the sleeve the record goes in. It's a bit creased on the fold side edge. (see photos)
But the most important thing is the quality of the record, and it's great! There's nothing like hearing the needle drop and hearing your favorite music.
review image
on September 18, 2014
Bought the vinyl edition. 2 discs, 4 total sides. Upon unwrapping and putting the needle on the record for the FIRST time, over half of the tracks skipped, badly I might add. I don't know if it's because it's a newer album as compared to my other buys, but this record quality was awful. Would not recommend, it's a waste of money for the price and you don't even get half of what you want to hear.
on September 15, 2009
This album is so innovative that it almost seems before its time. Every track is perfect, and not only that, but the album is also expertly put together from start to finish (with Common's narrating). This genius album will no doubt get nominated for and win multiple Grammys, top most best of the year lists, and earn a spot on most best of the 2000's lists. If I could sum up the album in one word, it would be: FUTURISTIC!
on November 14, 2015
DO NOT RECOMMEND, IT SKIPS! I absolutely love his music and was so so excited to get the vinyl, but one of my favorites Pursuit of Happiness skips a lot and that's only one side there is 3 more and I haven't listened to them because I was so bummed about the skipping and I bought this in September. My vinyl broke when I first got the package, but now it works again and I listened to it today and it's too late to return which sucks I think amazon prime or amazon in general should have a longer return policy because it's like 20 bucks gone. Definitely recommend buying it at another realtor if you do because it sucks getting a brand new one thats damaged, and the inside was a little bent:(
on September 4, 2015
A great album. This can be listened to from beginning to end, with a story being told across all songs. But this also isn't a concept album where the theme only works if you listen to all of it, most of the songs stand out individually as well. A very different style for the time it came from and was genre bending, thought provoking and cool. While I don't particularly like stoner culture, Kid Cudi is something I can appreciate.
on July 3, 2012
This album is excellent. There is not a single song on this album that I did not like. His singing rap style is very charismatic, his beats are sensational and the lyrics and subject matter are fabulous. The thing that is so unique about this record is that each song has a message behind it and the album is telling the true tale of the life and times of Kid Cudi. This makes the album very interesting, exciting and delightful to listen to. He details both happy and unhappy times in his life which of course is always good.
Now here are my favorite tracks
Soundtrack 2 my life
Simple As
Day n Nite
Sky might fall
Cudi Zone
Make Her Say
Pursuit Of Happiness
Up,Up And Away.
If you are a fan of Hip Hop, Buy this. Any Hip Hop fan needs this.