Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 29, 2014
I think this book is very inspiring, though I am a woman who is a Mother, grandmother, and great grandmother and I am a Christian.
I enjoy the music of Josh Turner and appreciate that he shares his Christian journey. I do not feel this book is for men only. I feel it is a very good outline for life.
I would recommend this book to everyone and would encourage all to heed.
on May 7, 2014
I am a HUGE Josh Turner fan and I'm probably not too objective because I would like almost anything he does. He has an incredible singing voice and having followed his career, I have known what type of man/son/husband/father family man he is. I appreciate his including scripture with his stories and hope readers will look up the scriptures themselves. Josh is truly an old soul when listening to the songs he writes. He is a deep thinker. I just wish he had finished the story of the elk and told how he got that huge body out of the mountains. Maybe in another book? At 35 years old, the book is hardly an autobiography.
on June 5, 2014
I read this because I'm a fan of Josh Turner, and I love the fact that he's so unashamed of his faith. As soon as I started reading, I couldn't put the book down, and read it in 90 minutes. As I read, I thought of men that I know who would benefit from the wisdom of this young man, and immediately bought 2 more copies. The thoughts are short, just one or two pages long, and not at all preachy. He simply states his thoughts, as if one would state that grass is green. You can agree or disagree, like it or not, but grass is green. These are his thoughts, and I found them to be quite profound at times. This book would be a great graduation gift for young men, as they head out to make their way in the world. As a woman, I found many of these thoughts to be useful as well.
on May 12, 2014
I enjoyed this book very much. I was already a fan of Josh Turner's music and now I am a fan of the man himself. A dedicated family man with his focus on his wife and 3 sons and on living for The Lord. With so many sad and violent stories in today's news, this leaves you with hope for the future.
on August 28, 2014
I have no idea who josh turner is as I'm not a country music fan, but I was looking for a good read to get my mind and spirit re-centered on what's most important in life as a husband, dad and follower of Christ. Turner's book was a good and quick read with short 1-2 page vignettes on his Christian-influenced perspectives on fatherhood, cherishing and relating to his wife, trying to balance family with a demanding career and doing the hard things - the honest things - men are called to do. He includes lots of stories about people who influenced his life, particularly his grandparents, dad, mentors in the music industry and friends who've stuck by him. He writes about his love of fishing and hunting; his hopes and prayers for his three sons and the relationship he works hard to maintain with his wife. Turner doesn't win any prizes for fantastic writing, but that's what's nice about the book as well - he seems to put a lot of importance on living out the genuine person who God made him to be. He doesn't try to impress with fancy prose or overly deep intellectual thinking. It's not the book I expected, but I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with it.
on April 14, 2016
If you are living and breathing you have undoubtedly heard about Josh Turner, if not the man himself then at least his music. He has become a powerhouse in the Country Music field. His music speaks to the average person and reflects Josh's personal beliefs and faith like few others do.

But behind all that fame is a normal man that is a husband and father. In his ordinary life he faces the same issues of balancing it all that our husbands and fathers do. Through ninety short devotional segments, Josh gives you a peak into his world. He allows you to see how God has worked in his life in the good and not so good moments. He shares with you what his family has passed down through the generations that has created the legacy of the Turner family.

You'll be encouraged as a husband and a father to reach for a more meaningful life after reading this book. The fame and fortune are all good and well, but if you have no one to share it all with what was the point. The book is simple in its approach, but make no mistake, the words and message are profound.

By the way the forward in the book is written by Jase Robertson of Duck Dynasty fame. Jase wholeheartedly endorses the book and his message about it and Josh in particular is very moving. This would make a great gift for those special men in your life, especially the young fathers. If we want our men to be who God intended them to be then we must support them in those efforts. This book is a great affirmation that the role of husband and father is the most important role that our men will ever have.
on May 4, 2014
I have admired Josh Turner as a performer and this book gives a deeper insight into the man and his approach to life and his music. The short devotionals are easy to read and thought-provoking. I admire him even more after reading his book.
on July 18, 2015
Great little easy to read book with good humor and insight as to where your priorities need to be and how to keep them there. The book has 90 short stories (2 to 3 pages each) so it's easy to read just a few minutes a day and not worry about keeping up on chapters and such
on June 2, 2014
i head him in an interview and he said he wrote in this book, what usually gets edited from interviews. Great stories of growing up, getting started in the music business and his life now with his wife and kids. What he's learned from grandparents, parents, people and mostly, what he's read in God' Word. I've always liked his music and his live concerts, now this is the cupcake for dessert! Easy enjoyable read for men and women.
on July 30, 2014
I think every young man should have this book married or not. There is some really great "stuff" here. I've recommended it to all the men in my church coffee group. A good book for women also. I'm going to purchase mre to give to friends.