Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Manaconda
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon January 23, 2008
This book consists of the following three stories.

5 stars for DEVILISH DOT by Jaid Black.

Story Brief:
Dorothy (Dot) invents and sells sex toys. While driving one night in California a storm tosses her car into something which transports her to the planet Khan-Gor. Men with tails capture her. She thinks they plan to eat her like sushi. Vaidd is a gargoyle-human shifter who senses Dot's presence from miles away. He knows that she is his one true bloodmate. He flies to get to her.

Reviewer's Opinion:
This is wild, creative, different, and unexpected. I'm amazed that I'm laughing so frequently within an erotic sex story. Dot's assumptions, thoughts, and comments are hilarious. I love her attitude. The gargoyle creatures speak in a campy older style which just sounds funny. For example: "Do something to distract thyself. Verily, you are driving the pack daft with the pacing." After reading this story, I thought the following. I feel like I have a rational, disciplined, boring mind, but when I read Jaid Black, she causes these fanciful, explosions of craziness in my head!

Data:
Story length: 60 pages. Swearing language: strong. Sexual language: strong/erotic. Number of sex scenes: 6. Estimated number of sex scene pages: 10. Setting: present day rural California and the planet Khan-Gor. Copyright: 2004. Genre: erotic paranormal romance.

Other Books:
For a list of my reviews of other Jaid Black books, see my 5 star review of "One Dark Night."

-------------------------------------------------------------

4 stars for KNIGHT STALKER by Lora Leigh.

Good story for wild, erotic sex, but incomplete. This short story is like the first few chapters of a book that is not finished. The author talks about battles between evil and good vampires. The evil ones want to take Bliss as a breeder. Caden takes her first to be his mate and the process makes her stronger to be able to better resist the evil ones. This is the story of Bliss and Caden first getting together, having sex and turning her into a vampire. This part of the story was complete.

The vampires in this story are different from typical vampires. Here, there are alien symbiots who inhabit humans. The aliens need the blood and give special powers to the human hosts in return. The human hosts can communicate with the symbiots inside them.

Data:
Sexual language: strong/erotic. Number of sex scenes: four, several pages long. Setting: 2007 unsure of location, somewhere on earth. Copyright: 2004. Genre: erotic paranormal romance.

Other Books:
For a list of my reviews of other Lora Leigh books, see my review of "Tempting the Beast."

-------------------------------------------------------------

3 stars for SACRED EDEN by Sherri L. King.

Fun story, but way too many unanswered questions. CAUTION SPOILERS: The history of the 200 year war could have been explained a little better. Why are the new Daemon creatures so different from the prior ones and how will this affect the war? Who were the two spirit-type men who came and healed and helped Cady and Sid after their attack? Who is Grimm and what makes him different from the others? Why did he not want anyone to tell about the two spirit-types? This has the makings for a good story. But, it was too short and incomplete. Story brief: The Shikars live underground earth and fight Daemon creatures who live above ground. Shikars have longer life spans and more powers than humans. A Shikar couple goes above ground to get some supplies and is attacked.

Data:
Sexual language: strong. Number of sex scenes: three. Setting: in the future near the town of Gainesville in U.S. Copyright: 2004. Genre: erotic paranormal romance.

Other Books:
For a list of my reviews of other Sherri L. King stories, see my 5 star review of "Bedtime, Playtime."
VINE VOICEon April 6, 2007
So I dont know why there so few reviews about this book it is unbelievably hot, there is also drama, humor and action. Seriously all three authors did an AWESOME job. You wont regret checking this one out!!!
on March 20, 2013
I love the book,but I wish they would right more in the series. For example sacred Eden was part of horde wars.but to this day she has not written Grimm`s story and with knight stalker it looks like the start to a good series but nothing came of it,same thing with jaid black( I know that t hey are people still waiting)but it has been ten years and I wish she would finish it up (their was supposed to be one more book to finish,but nada)in ten years:-( .In short I love the book but I wish the wrote more books.
on October 23, 2006
Manaconda

Sherri L King , Lora Leigh , Jaid Black

Trek Mi Q'an - Devilish Dot By Jaid Black

Part of the Trek Mi Q'an series

Dorothy "Dot" Araiza is a sex-toy maker by trade. One would think she has an active social life, but on the contrary, her existence is a rather boring, staid one. Dot dreams of finding her happily-ever-after, of being swept off her feet by Prince Charming - not to mention getting laid after eight pathetic years! A lightning storm later, all Dot's fevered fantasies will come true.

But Prince Charming isn't quite what she'd been expecting...

Knight Stalker By Lora Leigh

A centuries old vampire, or is he? Bliss St. Clair comes upon the man of her dreams as his lethally sharp teeth are biting into another woman's neck. He's a vampire. But this one can walk in the daylight, a cross doesn't harm him, he's not dark and brooding, merciless or tortured. He's a charming bad boy with a rakish sense of humor and a wicked smile that heats every nerve ending in her body.

And he wants her. Not for the blood that runs in her veins, not for the essence of her soul which makes her a perfect candidate to enter his world, he wants her because the passion she arouses in him sets his heart and his soul on fire.

Now, Cadan Gaelan must protect the woman his heart has chosen, from the menace of the world he lives in. The Dark Knights who would tear her from him and use her from their own evil plans...Unless he can convince her to accept him and the secret of his vampirism.

The Horde Wars - Sacred Eden By Sherri L King

Book 4 in the series The Horde Wars

Cady and Obsidian, two greatly revered Shikar Warriors, know they share a love like no other. A love that will last forever. A love not even Death could interrupt.

And now it's time to put that love to the ultimate test...for Death is on its way.
on September 20, 2011
The stories are hot. Lora Leigh gives vampires a whole new look. A vampire has never been as sensual as Caden and a herion so courageous as Blair. Jaid Black gives a new look to a toy maker in a whole new dimension. Who new sensuality could take you out of this world.
on June 25, 2013
This is a collection of three stories by Jaid Black, Lora Leigh and Sheri l King (a new Author to me) . These are short erotic stories that each give a very good idea of the talent and creativity of the three authors.
First up is a story by Sheri l King which an introduction of sorts to her Horde War series. As I hadn't read any of her work I did find this a little confusing but it has certainly encouraged me to seek out more of her work.
The second story is by Lora Leigh and is called Night Stalker and from the first sentence the reader is thrown into a very sexy Vampire/symbiot tale which hopefully will be rounded out into a series.
The third tale is by Jaid Black (Devilish Dot) and is set in her Trek Mi K'an world. I absolutely loved this! Dot manufactures sex toys and suddenly finds herself transported to a world of very sexy aliens. Gargoyle shifter anyone?! For me the most complete and satisfying of the three offerings here.
This book is truly worth the money and all three authors have done a fantastic job. I have no hesitation in heartily recommending this and would give it 5 stars!
VINE VOICEon December 12, 2009
I'm not embarrassed that I bought a bad anthology - it had 2 authors I liked and I like anthologies. I'm embarrassed that I kept it in my reread pile. So once upon a time one of these 3 unreadable trite weird stories must have resonated sufficiently for me to think I would want to reread it. I bought it in 2004 and am now going through a rigorous reread of my keepers, (basically because I've got too many of them!) to see if they truly merit the title. And some have. But this definitely doesn't.

The first story didn't work for me at all. The second story by Lora Leigh, you think would work for me, because I've read a lot of Lora Leigh and generally like her earlier stuff better than what she is churning out now, but the stories of Caden and the symbiots who dominate him, and Bliss, it just didn't sparkle. The third is just weird, with the heroine falling into some time warp and being captured on another planet and finding true love with a gargoyle. I think it's why I kept it initially, but it does not shine on reread. So happy to return this to the paperbackswap pile, where there were 132 folk waiting on it. I hope it moves on quickly!
on September 8, 2006
If you like futuristic you would probably think this is a 5 star book however, the first story in this book I didn't like, felt like it kept you hanging.. However, Leigh & Black did an excellent job of writting.. Both very good stories..and very EROTIC!!
on February 27, 2013
It was an o.k. read, but no where what I would expect from lora leigh, it very short, and I kinda just felt like it had no middle, or end so I was stuck feeling like, huh that's it?
on January 22, 2010
I liked Lora Leigh's story the best. The rest were from separate series and you have had to read those other books to get it. However, Lora's story stood alone and was very hot.