From the Back Cover
I am more than satisfied (actually impressed) with how much system administration is possible from Webmin. Comprehensive and convenient, just about any administration I've done is covered here, along with several areas that I've hesitated to explore.
--Karel Baloun, Sr. Software Engineer, Looksmart, Ltd.
Easy, browser-based Linux/UNIX administration with Webmin--step by step
Webmin gives you an easy, browser-based solution for virtually any day-to-day Linux/UNIX administration task. Now, there's a definitive Webmin guide for every beginning-to-intermediate sysadmin. Written by Webmin's primary developer, Managing Linux Systems with Webmin delivers authoritative, step-by-step coverage of the latest version of Webmin, from basic installation to centrally managing multiple servers. Coverage includes:
- How Webmin works--and how to install and secure it
- Using Webmin to configure basic system services, including filesystems, users/groups, and printing
- Configuring Apache, Sendmail, Squid, Samba, MySQL, PostgreSQL, FTP services, and more
- Cluster modules: configuring multiple systems from one master server
- Webmin modules: configuring Webmin itself
- Full API documentation and instructions for writing your own Webmin modules and themes
Jamie Cameron walks you through more than 50 essential Webmin tasks--offering all the background you need, step-by-step instructions, extensive screen captures, and listings of the underlying configuration files that are being modified. Whether you're new to Linux/UNIX system administration or you simply want an alternative to the command line, Managing Linux Systems with Webmin will be an indispensable resource.
About the Author
JAMIE CAMERON, Webmin's primary developer, has unsurpassed knowledge of Webmin's functions, user interface, and internal design. He has been working with and managing UNIX and Linux systems for over seven years. He was previously employed by Caldera and MSC Software, where he worked full time on Webmin.