4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on Note 2
Please fix now. It somehow doesn't work well on Android devices. It always said "incompatible with this device." :( Anyone with a Samsung Note 2 should NOT buy this ebook.
Published 11 months ago by Thanh Duy Do

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacks some steps when explaining...
There are errors in the book (more than there should be). Also, there are steps left out when the book is trying to explain how to solve a problem.
Published 9 months ago by Driftwood

2.0 out of 5 stars Not well organized or understandable. There isn't even a glossary!, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Managing Operations Across the Supply Chain (Hardcover)
It's a textbook for an MBA class and there is no glossary. The keyword terms are all colored blue and in bold and the definitions are in the margins no each page, but there is no glossary. If a person came across that word again in the book and forgot what it meant, they couldn't just look it up in the glossary. They'd have to go back and flip page by page, looking for where the word first popped up and to the side where the definition is. It's formally labeled and defined, they just didn't want to put it in the back of the book.

The book's all over the place and the explaining the concepts takes forever, and half of the time it doesn't even make sense. The professor always has to reword the book's explanation of things for it to be understandable.

Most of the real-life examples are really out of place. These examples are supposed to be there to show that the concept is used in "real-life," but most of the time, the examples just show what one particular company is choosing to do-- half the time it's not nothing like the concept we're supposed to be learning about.

This was a bad book. I got an A in the class... and I learned nothing from the book. After learning the concepts and earning my A, going back over the book, there are many parts where I think, "Why don't they just say this..." to explain a concept.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacks some steps when explaining..., December 13, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on Note 2, October 14, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Woohoo!, July 5, 2013
Who doesn't like managing operations across a supply chain? Helped me ace my class and that is all I needed from it.

1.0 out of 5 stars So many errors!, April 30, 2013
This review is from: Managing Operations Across the Supply Chain (Hardcover)
Whoever wrote this book did not have an editor. There are so many errors! The equations listed are wrong, which makes it impossible to do the homework questions. They don't explicitly list equations, you have to dig for them written out in paragraph form or find though sample questions. This class made my life miserable. I spent 12 hours trying to figure out chapter 1. I got an A in the class, but the teacher had to curve the class for both the midterm and final!

3.0 out of 5 stars Required for a class but did not include the DVD, July 9, 2010
RF (Orange County, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Managing Operations Across the Supply Chain (Hardcover)
I assumed the book, if bought new, would include the DVD (required for the class I'm taking). Once I received the book I found out the DVD was not included. To be fair, Amazon never said the DVD was included, and I think the publisher does not automatically include the DVD if not specifically requested. While I blame this problem on the publisher, I think Amazon should be aware of the problem and require the publisher to include the DVD.

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical Textbook, October 25, 2012
This review is from: Managing Operations Across the Supply Chain (Hardcover)
I purchased this book for a college course. It's your average textbook and nothing is really that special about it. I'm not a huge fan of the book because it's not an exciting read for me at all. It got me through the course though so I guess that's a plus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased it for class, January 18, 2013
This review is from: Managing Operations Across the Supply Chain (Hardcover)
Clean book and would buy from this seller again. I do like the outline of the book and the side notes in the margins which helps with quick reviews and homework.

Managing Operations Across the Supply Chain
Managing Operations Across the Supply Chain by Janet L. Hartley (Hardcover - March 8, 2010)
Used & New from: $4.95