5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Bolster
This bolster is very well-made...quality item. It's firm and comfortable to use. It has a removable, washable cover which is a plus.
Published on June 17, 2010 by Charlene N. A. Cockett

2.0 out of 5 stars Color not as shown
By the way, anyone who is buying this in a specific color... Thunder is pictured as green but is in fact grey. A bit disappointed when I opened the box, as I was looking to have it match a certain room and decor. I will come back to this review after I actually use it.
Published 21 months ago by KChez

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Bolster, June 17, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars A little soft, but resilient., September 22, 2011
Bekenef (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This is a great bolster- it is softer than others I've used (this isn't always good, when you are looking for more support), but it maintains its shape overall. I've had none of that squished-into-an-oval issue, after continued use.

I love the feel of the cover- soft, soft microfiber (I also love that it's washable). I have nothing against canvas, but since my typical time to use this piece is during restorative or yin, I like sinking into the plushness.

As far as quality goes, I haven't had any complaints about anything from the Manduka line and the same goes here- the zipper doesn't catch, there are no loose strings, the stitching feels solid. I look forward to using the bolster for some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight but firm bolster, August 30, 2011
Having used heavy bolsters in yoga class, I wanted something that was lighter weight but still firm. Though Manduka products are more expensive, they are definetely worth the additional cost. Though I've only been using this bolster for a month, and can't address the longevity of it, I love it. It's easy to carry, supports me in poses, and the material is soft (and I assume will be easy to wash).

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft & durable material, comfy but firm support. Good for back sleepers., January 25, 2013
This bolster is a little bit softer (less firm) than ones I have used in yoga classes, but is still firm enough. I bought my bolster to use when sleeping on my back to keep my knees propped up and relieve lower back stress. This bolster is very comfy to sleep with and isn't too squishy. With normal pillows, no matter how lofty they seemed, they always squished down and didn't provide enough support. The bolster also helps to prevent me rolling on my side while sleeping so that I stay in a proper back position all night.

The bolster material is very soft and cozy, and durable. I like the weight of this bolster too; it's heavy enough to stay in place, but not too heavy as to be unwieldy. The handle helps to carry it and adjust its positioning (I bought a heavy bolster without a handle previously and found it difficult to maneuver).

I own a foam roller too that has the firmness I require for rolling out my back and shoulders, but this bolster offers comfy support while stretching out my chest too.

All around, a great product. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oops I made the PERFECT mistake, December 15, 2014
When I ordered this bolster, I was thinking that it would be like the one at the yoga studio that I go to. Long (because I am 5'11"), wide enough to support almost my entire back, & firm enough to really support me.

Thank goodness that is not what I got. First, the material on this bolster is FABULOUS. You will want to rub your body all over it....seriously that comfortable and no I have not actually done that, but if I did, it's my bolster so who cares.

Second, it is not as big around as the studio bolsters which actually works out perfect for me because I no longer feel the pressure in my sacrum and lower back due to a decrease in the arch when I lay back on it.

Third, it is plenty long for my 5'11" frame. Everyone loves the look and feel of this amazing bolster. If I could, I would by all of these to share them with EVERYONE....they are simply that amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bolster, April 29, 2013
My first bolster,so have nothing to compare it to.The main reason I decided on this product was I liked being able to unsip the outside to wash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this thing, March 12, 2013
Great Bolster. My first and now a daily use item. Great for some of those restorative poses as well as just sitting on when enjoying the sun in my living room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 21, 2014
Wish I could have found it in "lure" light purple close to "promise"

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it as a luxury, and now consider it to be a tool, February 13, 2013
Jimmy C (Ashland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
The cover is very touch-friendly: soft and warm-feeling. I haven't washed the cover yet, having had the bolster for only a month or two, but the long zipper looks like it'd be easy to use. I put the bolster under my spine lengthwise at the beginning of hatha yoga practice and lie on it for a couple of minutes to help me open my chest, and I find it to be very comfortable...maybe a bit on the squishy side, but still very supportive. Then, ah, in the afternoons I put it transversely under my knees as I lie on my back on the floor and take a little siesta: perfect in the extreme for that use.

I've owned a Manduka rectangular mat longer than the round one, and find that they each have their useful unique functions and are not really substitutable one for the other in most cases. I'm glad I splurged on this round one, and it's surprised me with its utility.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another qualtity Manduka product, May 4, 2013
This round bolster is wonderful. It is extremely lightweight yet firm enough to hold its shape even under body weight. The outer covering is much softer and more comfortable than other canvas bolsters I've used in the past. I generally think all yoga bolsters are overpriced, but this Manduka round bolster is only a little more than other high-quality brands. Given that I would only buy a quality brand, I am willing to pay a little more just for having such a lightweight bolster. If you have tweaked your back and want a restorative yoga practice, the last thing you want is to lift one or more heavy bolsters. The carrying handle is comfortable and convenient. I've carried 3 of these bolsters at once without any problems on days where I hurt my lower back. The "thunder" color is pretty close to what is pictured, a fairly neutral dark gray.