5.0 out of 5 stars Works well to clean your yoga mat
Published on March 31, 2010 by Leanne

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure still
I only gave this product three stars because I'm not sure if it's for me yet or not. I love the smell of the Soothing Citrus, but I find if I don't use a little water after using the spray my mat can be slippery on the next use. Which using the water then takes away the scent. = (

I'm going to continue to try it a bit more, my yoga studio provides this for...
Published on June 18, 2012 by Teri Burkhardt

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well to clean your yoga mat, March 31, 2010
This review is from: Manduka Mat Renew Yoga Mat Spray (Sports)
I recently read about this product in a magazine, and ordered it since I liked the idea of using a product to clean my yoga mat that was designed specifically for that purpose. The 8-ounce size is a really large bottle, and just a few sprays on each side of my mat and some wipes with a paper towel leave it smelling and looking fresh and clean. I can easily see this bottle lasting at least eight or nine months, even if I use this a few times a week.

I also ordered this in the "Soothing Citrus" scent, and was surprised that it didn't really smell like citrus at all. The list of ingredients should have warned me that the bergamot, frankincense, and patchouli oils would not give this a citrus-y scent, and those three smells were definitely the dominant ones. If you're sensitive to strong smells like I am, however, you should find that the smell dissipates really quickly after you spray it on and wipe it off. I didn't notice the smell at all after about a minute.

Overall, great product!

UPDATED ON 10/5/10: Just wanted to add that I've been using this to clean my exercise equipment (spin bike, boxing bag, etc.), and it works great for that purpose, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars smells good, thankfully does not renew, November 1, 2010
Pretzels! (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought this product as upkeep for my Manduka Pro. It leaves a very light fragrance on the mat - barely noticeable, really. It cleans well after a typical Anusara class. I practice in the park once a week, and I just clean my mat in the shower afterward. I'm not sure why they would market this as a mat "renew(er)." The thing I dislike about the Pro is the slick surface when it's new. Don't worry, this spray does NOT renew the Pro's slick surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Life For Your Yoga Mat, October 16, 2012
I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I'd had my Manduka Pro Yoga mat for 4 years without ever washing it. After an intense practice I'd wipe the sweat off of it but that was about all. Recently I seemed to be losing my grip on the mat which I put down to excess sweat. So I ordered a rosin-type product to keep my hands dry. Amazon suggested I also try Manduka Mat Renew Yoga Mat Spray. I liked that it came from the same company that made the mat, I figured they'd know best how to care for it, especially since the mat was fairly expensive compared to others. So I bought some. I chose the Energizing Gingergrass scent. Its a light, clean and fresh scent that doesn't linger. I wasn't crazy about the rosin product, but the Manduka Mat Spray is excellent. I gave my mat a deep initial deep cleaning as described in the directions and was really impressed at how well the mat responded. The mat has regained it's "stickiness" no matter how sweaty my hands get. The color of the mat came back and the wear marks are less apparent. It also smells better! It couldn't be easier to use,it's a finger pump style sprayer, and it only takes a few squirts to cover the mat. Let it sit for maybe a minute, and then wipe it off with a clean dry cloth. The mat comes back to life! Now I use it after every session. I'll be ordering the 24oz. refill soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice spray!, October 4, 2010
I bought this when purchasing the Manduka mat. I have used it a few times to help get the 'slick' feeling off the new mat, as well as to clean it. It dries quickly, doesn't leave a residue, and has a great smell!

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST have for regular yogis!, January 11, 2012
I use this spray mat cleaner on my yoga mat everyday after practice. It smells great, is not overwhelming, and super easy to use. I just spray it on, air dry, and am set for the next day. After a sweaty practice, I wipe my mat with a wet towel, then use the spray. My mat still looks as good as new (Manduka mats really are worth every penny), and I will be using this spray for as long as Manduka makes it! The small bottle is expensive, but I was able to find the big 32oz refill bottle on Amazon for a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Before you buy Yoga Mat Cleaner, February 4, 2014
This review is from: Manduka Mat Renew Yoga Mat Spray (Sports)
Essential oils contained in most yoga mat cleaners are mixtures of extremely potent naturally derived chemicals. Yes chemicals. They are the plants own defense mechanism concentrated by humans 100's if not 1000's of percent. Most reputable essential oil suppliers give warnings about skin contact and ingestion of the undiluted oil. Essential oils are not soluble in water with or without added vinegar, and will separate out into globules. Shaking only makes the globules smaller. They are still globules of concentrated oil. The Manduka product is a micro emulsion of essential oil and normally crystal clear or with a slight blueish haze and will never separate. The essential oil is universally dispersed throughout the product and imparts a concentrated aroma experience while cleaning but will not linger or form greasy spots. Most importantly it will not damage the mat. Some oils are powerful enough to damage a mat in concentrated form. Eugenol (found in clove oil will burn a hole in some types of mat) Other reviews praise the effectiveness of the cleaning properties. No one has noticed the anti static. Read the other reviews.
Enjoy your purchase. A lot of research and testing went into it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure still, June 18, 2012

I'm going to continue to try it a bit more, my yoga studio provides this for people to clean their mats with and everyone else seems to love it. I don't hate it, I'm just unsure still. Oh, and I have a Manduka mat, so I thought there would be better compatibility.

4.0 out of 5 stars gets rid of stink, September 18, 2013
I use this product on my mat after hot vinyassa and Bikram classes. I spray liberally, wipe down with a cloth, and let air dry. It gets the terrible body sweat smell out and smells absolutely lovely for about 5 minutes. It you are looking for a lasting sent, this product isn't what you want. If you are looking for a clean mat that doesn't smell like you've been in a 95 degree room for 90 minutes, the Manduka Renew Mat Wash does the trick.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stinky!, May 22, 2013
This stuff does a great job cleaning my mat! I use it after every class, but I spray it directly onto my mat (misting it really) and then wipe the mat off with a damp cloth. Keeps my Manduka mat feeling good, dirt free, and smelling... weird!

I'm not sure who told the people in the production office that this final smell was that of soothing citrus, but they lied! It is a pretty unhappy smell that reminds me a bit of the uber earthy students a come across in my classes. Because of this smell, I usually have to clean my mat in the basement. Peewhew!

Maybe an unscented version is better...

1.0 out of 5 stars Make your own., March 1, 2012
Beth (Washington DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Manduka Mat Renew Yoga Mat Spray (Sports)
The scents are nothing special. I recycled the spray bottles with my own mat cleaner once I used this up. 50/50 distilled water and apple cider vinegar and a few drops of essential oil. The Manduka mat wash is a waste of money. Just buy a cheap spray bottle and make your own all natural cleaner.

Manduka Mat Renew Yoga Mat Spray