Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Color: Brilliant|Size: One Size|Change
Price:$35.04 - $95.40

on August 26, 2013
I bought this mat because it is discreet. I had to commute by public transit an hour every day and often had to go straight to/from yoga class. I wanted a mat that would go in my tiny backpack (the Tucano Work Out) and it was great for that. I made massive progress with balancing once I started using this unpadded mat.

I moved three months ago and only brought a suitcase, this mat was in it. It's all I've used for three months and although i do put a folded towel under my crappy knee, it still works well. I can go to the bar after class and just throw it in my purse. I'm even considering buying one of those hydration packs with minimal storage and biking to class. Maybe the high sierra quick shot.

Key tip:
- you want to put this sticky side down. That is, dark side down. It will stick to the floor, and the top surface is a better grip for your hands. Wish they made that more obvious to customers.

Make sure you rinse it and dry it in the sun once before using it to create a better grip.
on December 6, 2010
I swear by my Manduka pro and have recommended it time and again to my students, so I was excited to try the Manduka travel mat, and chagrined at how disappointed I was. It is just too light and bunches up underfoot, offering pretty much the same non-support as the cheapest mats out there. But you will pay a lot more for it.
on March 3, 2014
Recently purchased this mat for a trip to India. I have a Lululemon travel mat that I've used for many years when traveling and it's been great, however, due to a recent move, it was packed somewhere and I was unable to locate it in time for our trip. Rather than purchase another Lululemon (hoping the one I have resurfaces), l ordered the Manduka eKO Superlite Yoga Mat because a. eKO was a great price b. could get it quickly from Amazon, and c. love my Manduka Pro that I use for my daily classes and personal practice. This mat was great. Being familiar with travel mats and knowing they are purposefully thin, I did not intend to use this mat as the 'primary' mat but as a mat that would be used on top of another mat. It arrived in two days, was easy to pack, is lightweight and was perfect for my needs~ Even in cold conditions on a very cold floor in an Ashram in Northern India -- placed over another mat -- it did a great job.
on August 20, 2014
The problem is the mat is not of how thin it is. For someone who is looking for a thin mat, cushioning was never the issue. The main problem is that mat is pretty soft itself, not stiff enough to hold the shape. As other reviews noted, the mat keep bunching itself up, which is a super distraction during practice. The materials is so soft and elastic, it keeps stretching out during practice, especially in standing poses. I guess the mat might works for a very very gentle class, otherwise I would go with something else. I throwing the mat out. I like the idea of a thin light traveling mat, but they need to rethink their materials choices.
on October 12, 2013
Stinksssssss so bad that my whole appartment smells like it, I've tried vinegar and washing it several times and nothing...
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2015
I enjoyed this mat very much for two years, though I didn't use it often -- it really was purchased for travel. Then, during a humid winter, it started feeling strangely wet, though I'd never taken it outside. So I hung it up where it could get plenty of air. Next, it developed a sticky, gummy surface -- which rubbed off on my hand when I touched it. I called Manduka. They told me that the mat was EXPECTED TO DISINTEGRATE IN HUMID CLIMATES! Though of course this wasn't mentioned to potential purchasers. And no, I couldn't have a refund after two years. Well, I shamed them as eloquently as I could. I told the customer service person that my Jade mats were just fine, despite the humidity. I said that that a company with integrity would never behave this way -- and that yoga companies should have more integrity than most. Finally (after a really lo-o-o-ong shaming session) she agreed to replace the mat. So now I'll have a new mat that's . . . expected to disintegrate. So sad! If I had it to do over, I'd buy Jade's comparable product.
on March 12, 2013
This mat is so thin as to be useless. I would not recommend it. Also, I took it with me to the tropics, where it can get quite sweaty. The mat had no traction at all, and I slid all over it.
on February 20, 2015
I am disappointed with the mat as it was advertised as light for travel. Not only does it weigh the same as my regular mat, but it has a big downside in that it tends to fold up while being used. That makes it annoying and affects my asanas as I have to keep straightening it out to remove the folds. May be making it ribbed would perhaps remove this defect.
on August 18, 2015
This is a good mat. I don't normally buy manduka mats because they are really heavy and expensive, but this one is perfect to put in my luggage to take with me to Hawaii and Switzerland this year.

It is a little slippery at first, so I'm using it at home before my trip to break it in.
on March 30, 2015
I know it's supposed to be a travel mat but it's SO thin it hardly does anything, except maybe attract dust, dog hair and whatever else is around. Hard to keep clean and smelled terrible for a month. I finally had to give it away, a friends said she could use at home on top of her old mat because the sticky was great. For me it was basically worthless :(