Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on February 23, 2014
Okay, so I have been using a cheap garbage tripod for years. I finally decided it was time to invest the cash and buy a nice tripod. I did a ton of research and ended up purchasing this one. Extremely happy with that choice. The quality of this tripod is amazing. It looks great, and is very easy to adjust! I love Manfrotto products and this tripod is no exception. The combination between these legs and this head was an excellent choice. I love the versatility of a ball-head!
on September 14, 2012
Well worth the investment. You do not have to worry about it tipping over no matter what angle you have the camera. Wish I had made this investment sooner. It isn't something I'd take on a hike with me due to weight.
on December 28, 2014
It has a few features that seemed like neat ideas when I purchased the tripod, but once I got it there were some fatal flaws. First of all I completely skipped over the fact that there is no handle on this tripod. So I guess it works best as a set it and forget it if your doing a two camera/one operator shoot. But that doesn't beat the biggest flaw in this tripod, the balance bubble is on the base of the tripod instead of on the head. I have no idea why you would do that on a tripod with a lock-and-ball head. It includes 2 extra quick release plates and the center column can be used as a strange jib extension which has been proven to be useful which is why I gave the tripod 2 stars instead of 1.
on September 18, 2013
On my third tripod. This one seems very sturdy and I have been pleased with it. The weightiest lens I have used is a 300mm. Worked fine. Heavier than my former 2 tripods, but that is what I needed. Get it, you will be happy with it.
on April 16, 2014
My immediate impression after opening the box it came in was "WOW" ! This is a very well built quality product.
I have had several other tripods throughout the years and finally found this one to be easy to use, sturdy and secure.
It comes with a Ball Head attachment and extra mounting plates, which I have found to compliment the entire setup.
Having a Super Telephoto Zoom Lens mounted on this unit works well, without having to fiddle around trying to get it
locked down and stay where you set it. I did make a purchase of a Opteka Gimbal Head to accompany the tripod
which makes a very nice pair of heads to utilize. Both heads mount on a 3/8" stud to the tripod and the camera mounts to a 1/4"
studded mounting plate. So if you are willing to spend the few extra bucks, this tripod will do the job and you wont be disappointed.
on August 19, 2012
Ive had it for 2 years and the ball head has been both incredibly liberating as well as strong. Used 50D, 5D, and 7D, with 70-200 and 24-70 have been great. None of the sag or ball slips others have mentioned. 70-200 with lense mount balances great at any angle and 24-70 mounted at camera body while off balance, is still locking perfectly in any position.
This is a super heavy tripod that is in its case most of the time while I use my 7302YB strapped to my Temba bag ready for use any where the cameras go.
My heavy 055XBPRO/498 is too heavy for anything but a 2 camera job or studio work. Having said that, I am still too paranoid to ever walk away without throwing the strap over my head and taking the camera with me. It doesn't matter how heavy the tripod is if you are surrounded by idiots. I don't leave the camera on tripods unless I'm alone or with a sitting subject. I just can't stomach the risk of anyone near my DSLR gear. I have no trouble leaving my HDV KIt on them though.
on June 1, 2013
Just buy it! It's Manfrotto. The height is great, very sturdy, could come with a case for the price though.
on April 28, 2014
Big and well built. I mount my 5D2 and 100-400mm and this handles it with ease. For the cost, 300.00 I received the tripod and ball head. Could not pass it up.
on December 15, 2014
The best! Excellent packing! Great tripod and ball head!
on June 27, 2013
I had done a lot of research and have no regrets!!! I absolutely love it! Its a bit heavier than I wanted but is absolutely worth it! It will last me many years!

See 1 answered question