Questions & Answers
Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod Legs (Black)
by Manfrotto
4.8 out of 5 stars (412)
Used & New from: $145.00
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 33 questions
vote
The plates aren't based on the tripod. You have to buy a head separately. That should come with a couple of plates. This tripod isn't intended to be connected to the camera directly. Any Manfrotto ball head would work perfect and they sell these legs with different heads as a combo package.
Oct 14, 2013 by Sierra Echo
vote
Yes, you will need some form of head. I believe the tripod has a 3/8" thread for a head mount, the head will have a 1/4" thread for the camera mount.
Nov 2, 2014 by Lumberjack Dave
votes
For video shooting head matters more. I use this tripod with the Manfrotto 701HDV fluid head and it works good.
Mar 9, 2013 by G. M. Malvat
votes
It will fit but you should look at the Manfrotto Configurator http://configurator.manfrotto.com/manfrotto.html?a=b&matrix=9839 to make a good selection before purchasing.
Jan 20, 2015 by josh
votes
I don't understand the question. I use this tripod with a manfrotto ball head and it works fine
Jan 20, 2015 by William Ahlgren
votes
If the head has a 3/8" female thread you can.
Jan 4, 2015 by SM
votes
You can adjust this tripod to a very low position, I use it for macro shots on flowers all the time without any problems.
Dec 13, 2014 by Ronald G. Holmes
votes
Yes
Dec 2, 2014 by Draughon David Webster
votes
This tripod head works for me. Manfrotto MVH500AH Fluid Video Head with Flat Base
Nov 19, 2014 by Anthony D. Logan
votes
If you center it between two legs, you can get about a foot into the table (the legs will be under the table). Do not try to shorten the front two legs and leave the back leg long, the tripod will tip forward much quicker than you expect which tends to be hard on lenses :) Also, if you shorten all the legs and extend the center it will tip over. Simple law of physics, nothing wrong with product. You can anchor the legs and get creative. If you shorten the front two legs, be concious of the back leg as you tend to trip on it and send your camera into the table. All this being said, I love this tripod.
Sep 13, 2014 by David Orth
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers