4.0 out of 5 stars Functions well
Published on March 14, 2011 by photorooster

1.0 out of 5 stars Serious point of failure via a design flaw.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:18 Mins
I am very disappointed in this product. I can not recommend it in any way do to the serious design flaw that would allow your camera to detach from the plate.
Published 19 days ago by Greg Hanes

4.0 out of 5 stars Functions well, March 14, 2011
This review is from: Manfrotto 3433PL 577 Rapid Connect Adapter with Sliding Mounting Plate (Camera)
This quick release bracket and plate works well. May be a little long if attached to a DSLR camera body, that is the plate may extend forward too far and interfere with the lens ring controls. Also locking mechanism may be hard to turn since it is so close to the camera's body. You might consider a smaller plate/base system for DSLR work. I have worked past these problems... Just giving a heads up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my DSLR shoulder rig, February 17, 2012
Ken M. Ozawa "oz-k" (Las Vegas, NV United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this QR plate system to replace the one that came with my shoulder rig and could not be happier. What some people in other reviews seem to fail to realize is that the tightening lever that secures the plate can be pulled outward to free it from the tightening mechanism. This allows you to adjust its angle without tightening or loosening the bolt. If the lever starts to come in contact with your camera body or anything else, simply pull the lever outwards, readjust its angle, allow it to pull itself back into place, and continue tightening. Read your instructions, folks.

As always with Manfrotto, it has solid build quality. There are female threaded holes on the bottom of the unit for mounting it as well as two on the sides for keeping spare bolts. The QR plate is identical to the one that came with my Manfrotto 501HDV,546BK Video Kit with 501HDV Head and 546B Tripod (Black), so it's a snap to switch my camera from my tripod to the shoulder rig during production (which is why I purchased this item in the first place). My Canon EOS 5D Mark II 21.1MP Full Frame CMOS Digital SLR Camera with EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens feels very secure in the adapter and has certainly improved my handheld DSLR video setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll want a few of these!, April 10, 2012
If you do video production and use a Manfrotto tripod like the 501 or 701, you'll want a few of these. I've got one on my Glidecam, monopod, slider and shoulder rig. When you're doing run-and-gun work, these things are a necessity. Constantly screwing your camera on and off of all your different stabilizers is a pain (and you risk dropping your camera if you're always spinning it around to unscrew it!).

5.0 out of 5 stars work perfect with my Glidecam 4000 Pro, June 5, 2009
Chen (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I use Canon XH- Series and Glidecam 4000 Pro. make my life easier. I do not have to align my Glidecam 4000 Pro every time I take the camera off. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 11, 2011
Drome (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I live by these quick-release adapters. They're versatile, functional and extremely well-built. The 3433PL plate is the same as a 501 (and 501 HDV), 503 and 701 HDV head, which are common picks for videographers, run-and-gun ENG TV units, etc... Great system all-around.

4.0 out of 5 stars Items received on time, February 16, 2012
product was shipped to me on time. No problem with shipment. The manfrotto 577 rapid adapter is perfect for my shape composite stabilizer and any other needs. Plate works with the 504, 509, and my MH055M8-Q5 Photo-Movie Head. Only complaint is with my 5D Mark II, i have to take the plate off the adapter to get to the battery, due the tighten screw knob on the right side ( what ever it is officially called). I just use my battery grip and things work just fine. Great product that works with many film accessories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Manfrotto 577 Rapid Connect Adapter With Mounting Plate. Wow!, August 28, 2009
Purchased a lightly used 501 Fluid Head and realized I was going to need at least one extra plate. One comes with this rapid connect adapter, but the adapter filled another need I hadn't anticipated.

I had previously ordered a SpiderBrace (shoulder mount brace) to use with the Canon T1i for "handheld" video and this adapter gets the camera up just that extra little bit to align it better with the eye (with either Hoodloupe 3.0 or CAVISION viewfinder assembly over the LCD screen).

In addition to being able to slide the adapter plate forward and back to adjust "eye relief", I find it a little easier to "aim" the camera to either side or even a bit back over the shoulder. And it is just as flexible with my Canon HF100s.

All this and being able to "swap" from SpiderBrace to tripod in seconds!

Great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Serious point of failure via a design flaw., December 7, 2014
Length:: 6:18 Mins

2.0 out of 5 stars Solid Manfrotto, but not as described, June 16, 2014
Andrew Mudd (Everett, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This is exactly what it looks like, an is as described with one major, glaring exception. There are three female screw holes on the bottom. One is 1/4-20, one is 3/8-20, and one is M6. Both Manfrotto and Amazon describe this as having 1/4-20 and 3/8-20. The third hole, sized very similarly to the 1/4-20 hole is in fact ISO M6, which is incompatible with 1/4-20 screws.

For most people, this won't really matter. If, however, you are like me and you bought this expecting two 1/4"-20 screw holes on the bottom, you will be sorely disappointed. It's a perfectly good product, as long as you don't need two 1/4-20 mounting points, as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adapter is a Time Saver, July 5, 2009
I have several tripods with Manfrotto 501HDV heads and those head plates are mounted to the cameras. But sometimes we need to mount a camera on a crane or on a remote-control PT. So I put these adapters on each of them. Now we can mount the cameras to the crane or PT with two advantages: The 501HDV plate can be left on the camera, and at the same time have a quick release mechanism with those other devices. Very handy, indeed!