4.0 out of 5 stars exceeded my expectations
The Manga Artist's Workbook is a mix between a How-to-Draw
book and a Sketch Pad. It goes over head positions, eyes,
eye expressions, hair, body form, hands, clothing, and more.
In the midst of informing you on basics and essentials to
this style of drawing, it has tracing paper and graph paper
to help you learn the lining and spacing. Often times...
Published on March 3, 2010 by Flamingnet Teen Book Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad...
This "how to draw" book by Chris Hart isn't to bad at all...Being an artist and a fan of the Manga Style of drawing, I figured why not look into this book to see if there are any techniques I could pick up from this artist. Overall it didn't really do much for me, however this book could help someone just getting started that already has some basics down...
Published 3 months ago by Noel Turner

4.0 out of 5 stars exceeded my expectations, March 3, 2010
This review is from: The Manga Artist's Workbook: Easy-to-Follow Lessons for Creating Your Own Characters (Spiral-bound)
The Manga Artist's Workbook is a mix between a How-to-Draw
book and a Sketch Pad. It goes over head positions, eyes,
eye expressions, hair, body form, hands, clothing, and more.
In the midst of informing you on basics and essentials to
this style of drawing, it has tracing paper and graph paper
to help you learn the lining and spacing. Often times the
book gives you an example drawing and asks you to either
recreate it or recreate an aspect of the drawing on a
partially finished example. It has mini-lessons to complete
to help you to learn this type of drawing that are
comprehensible and fun.

Before I read this book, I didn't
know anything about Manga, and couldn't draw it. Now if I
use a picture of whoever I'm turning into a Manga sketch,
and this book as a reference, I can draw a half-decent
person. As I can't draw people whatsoever, this is as good
as I'm likely to get. I expected to learn how to draw a
happy person looking straight at me, aka. a basic character,
nothing special. But I learned different views, emotions,
and the whole deal! This book exceeded my expectations; it
was the best How-To-Draw book I've read.

Reviewed by a young adult student reviewer
Flamingnet Book Reviews
Teen books reviewed by teen reviewers

5.0 out of 5 stars A great combination, October 29, 2009
In a different approach to his best selling Art books, Christopher Hart gives us "The Manga Artist's Workbook". The book includes step by step contruction techniques with tissue paper for budding artists to trace as well as grid paper for practise sketching.

Hart discusses (visually)facial expressions, proportions, poses, figure maneuvers, eyes, and hair styles. His art books cover these topics very well, but when you want to grab a pencil and draw, this book rocks.

Tim Lasiuta

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, November 16, 2010
This book was awesome. It has really high quality drawings, that are pretty good manga drawings. The book is made with a really high attention to quality. The coverage is only for the basic manga aspects. This book is definitely one of the best how to draw books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 2, 2014
I ordered this for my 11 year old niece who loves to draw. She has been obsessed with anime lately, so I thought she might like this. She LOVES it. It has all these different illustrations and direction on how to draw eyes, feet, hair, ect. It's spiral bound, so she can lay it flat, it's a nice size, not huge and cumbersome, but not so tiny you can't see anything. Plus it was cheap. I was definitely the favorite auntie this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for practice, January 3, 2013
Of all the manga drawing books I purchased for my niece, this is the one she loves the most. It allows her to copy manga features and compare her drawing to her "goal" side by side. This workbook seems much more effective than the regular drawing books which allow no space to practice or draw. It breaks the features down much more as well, such as just the eyes, face shape only, etc. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 30, 2012
My son is into anime drawing and this fix perfectly for his drawing, its more than we expected. thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for youngsters, February 4, 2014
Amazon Customer (Lafollette, Tennessee) - See all my reviews
I ordered this for my 10 year old daughter for her birthday. She loved it. I gave it 4 stars because of the step by step tutorial that it goes through with them. THe only dislike is that there is not enough drawing space within the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done, June 13, 2013
This book is easy and simple to follow. I've been trying to draw for a few months and with this books help my people drawing has greatly improved

5.0 out of 5 stars Literally step-by-step, March 27, 2013
R. Pylman (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This is probably the best drawing instruction book I've purchased... and I purchase a lot. It gives you literally step-by-step instructions, and lets you trace someone else's drawings as part of the instruction process. I like it very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative!, February 14, 2012
I am a pretty advanced "artist" and what I liked about this book is that it has helpful tips that are good enough for the advanced artist but broken down enough that a beginner would be able to understand and follow the steps. It even provides tracing sheets so that you can trace over certain critical steps for practice. Certainly a must have for manga artists who are trying to pick up on new techniques or even polish old ones.

$15.99 $9.03