5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining and educational for 6 mos and up
Published on January 13, 2011 by aeldridge

3.0 out of 5 stars safe, interesting toy
This is an interesting toy, my baby enjoys it, and I like that it is made from rubberwood instead of plastic. It is well-made (with only minor finish imperfections), but I wish I had chosen the similar toy from Haba instead because I have found the Haba wood toys are exceptionally well-crafted. If Haba wasn't an option, I would buy this toy again.
Published on August 19, 2011 by ck

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining and educational for 6 mos and up, January 13, 2011
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Beads Wood Rattle, Classic (Baby Product)
My 5 month old received this toy for Christmas from a dear friend. The quality is excellent and we couldn't help but pass it around...it's a great fidget toy for toddlers too. Compared to the Haba version, this one has more colors and more spheres than the competition. This could be a downside if you have a little one who isn't fully sitting up to play, as it is heavy for a baby to hold above their face as they lie on their back. Overall a stimulating and educational toy for all ages and definitely one to pass down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Adult Hand Therapy, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Beads Wood Rattle, Classic (Baby Product)
I have not seen a child play with these, though wow, they feel great and look great, so I think kids would love them. But I'm a grown up with rheumatoid arthritis that includes my hands, and I love them for hand therapy.

I've used quite a few wooden toys for therapy with my hands. I'll bet they would cost 5 to 10 times as much if sold for therapy, and wouldn't be painted those great colors! The colors have helped get me to use them, and they have done me a whole lot of good.

These wooden toys are so well-made that I still have all the many I've bought, ready for action. For the last 3 1/2 years I've been combing a Standard Poodle daily, and that has turned out to be great therapy for my hands. So the wooden toys have been standing by, looking good and ready for action when needed.

This is a quiet toy, beautiful and well made, and the balls are just right for my hand needs. I certainly recommend it!

1.0 out of 5 stars PAINT CHIPS, March 1, 2013
within 2 hours of use in the classroom, the paint started to chip off in huge chunks and I had to throw it away.

3.0 out of 5 stars safe, interesting toy, August 19, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars great toy, better for bigger hands, September 9, 2010
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Beads Wood Rattle, Classic (Baby Product)
my son didn't start enjoying this until he was a little older, maybe 7 or 8 months. I think this is mainly because the beads were a little too large for him to hold onto with his baby hands until that point. He does enjoy playing with them, though not as much as I had hoped he would.

1.0 out of 5 stars Paint started peeling after 2 months, September 22, 2013
Paint started peeling after 2 months of almost no use.
This was used for a few month old baby!
Paint started peeling after 2 months of almost no use.
This was used for a few month old baby!

1.0 out of 5 stars Paint Chips Off!!!, April 7, 2012
My 8 month old daughter has enjoyed many Manhattan Toys, but I am shocked that this rattle is considered appropriate for any teething baby. The paint chipped off and my daughter left teeth marks on it. I washed the toy (by hand like I do anything that goes in her mouth) and that led to the wood cracking and further paint peeling. I threw it away minutes after I received the toy. I had bought it because she enjoyed a different wood rattle where the wood was colored with organic dyes. That is the way to go with a wood rattle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made safe toy., October 11, 2010
I bought this rattle swirl for my 6 month-old grandson's visit. It is very brightly colored and can do many things, but the baby was not interested in it. Maybe he is too young and will love it later. I thought it was a great toy and I am not sorry I bought it. I am happy that it seems to be a very safe toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars His friend who is 2 years old really liked playing with it the other day, July 12, 2014
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Beads Wood Rattle, Classic (Baby Product)
Baby at 6 months does not play with it for very long. His friend who is 2 years old really liked playing with it the other day tho

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, June 17, 2014
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Beads Wood Rattle, Classic (Baby Product)
Great for entertaining your little one while out to eat, in the car, or at church. It is limed on how much they can do with it, but will entertain them for a few minutes.

Manhattan Toy Beads Wood Rattle, Classic