Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on November 2, 2013
My 6mo baby found this toy appealing and easy to hold. We call it the "atom." The only problem I noticed is that the rattle feature doesn't work very well. Apparently whatever it is that makes the rattle sound keeps getting stuck. You have to bam the toy pretty hard on a flat surface to work it loose, and it soon gets stuck again. Maybe that is just a defect of the particular toy I have.
on April 22, 2010
I heard about the Winkel on a message board for new mothers and thought I would give it a go. I absolutely love it! (or should I say he LOVES it!!) I gave it to my son when he was about 3 months old, around the time he was just learning to grasp for things. It is so easy to get a hold of it was great for building his skills and actually enjoying being able to grab it and get it in his mouth! He is about 5 months old now and I don't see him growing out of it any time soon!
on December 18, 2011
This toy is good for our teething infant. She loves colors, rattles and the shake things....this toy does all of those.

Pros:
The black and while zig zag print is very stimulating for her to look at.
The toy seems very durable (won't break, finish will not come off).
I can't think of a way that the toy could hurt her, even if her toddler brother hits her with it.

Cons:
The rattle is not very loud.
on December 18, 2015
My son loves this toy! It is light enough he can toss it all around, pick it up easily, and make the center rattle. It is his favorite toy! He loves to chew on the soft, rubbery hoops. I love that I don't have to worry that he could hurt himself with it. He often bonks himself in the forehead with it and barely even notices. Ordering one for everyone I know with a baby! I got this for him at 3mos old. I see it as appropriate for 3months+.
review image
on May 31, 2012
My 5 month old loves this. (I love it too) I was looking for something for him to suck/chew on (not teething) since that is what he loves to do. He hates all pacifiers by the way. But this is great. Plenty on places for him to grab, and plenty of loops to find their way into his mouth while he is still working on his coordination. Sure, lots of toys are good to chew on, but sometimes he has trouble getting and keeping them in his mouth and just ends up getting frustrated. This keeps him entertained while sitting in his bouncer. (no, he didn't like the toy bar that came with bouncer)It is also lightweight and makes a little rattling noise to get his attention. On top of all that it just looks really cute, and believe it or not, easy to clean. Will probably purchase another one for Grandma's house. Definitely worth a try if you are on the fence.
on July 12, 2011
I purchased one of these for my 5 month old twins as they have different toy preferences. I had to order a second one because they both love the winkel so much. They were actually stealing the toy away from each other. It's great to chew on, shake and just stare at. I don't think I could recommend a toy more!
on August 15, 2013
I got this for my baby when she was 4 months old and she enjoys it mainly for teething. It doesn't have a lot of play value for her, but she did love all its little loops for easy teething when she was still having a little trouble getting things into her mouth. Now she's six months, sitting independently and mouthing everything with ease, but she still likes to chew on this one when her gums are bothering her. I would highly recommend it as a first toy -- we would have gotten much more use out of it had we bought it a couple of months earlier.
on April 7, 2016
My daughter loved this from day one she could hold it and chew on it at just a few months old until today at 14 months old. I think she will love this well into 2 years old. I give this as a gift now to expecting parents because it is one of the most awesome baby toys I have found. Chewable and colorful and always interesting. My daughter loves to hold it in the car seat and chew on the loops, which keeps her quiet for the drive.
on October 11, 2015
This is a wonderful toy for babies who are able to grab and hold things. There are so many loops that aim is unimportant -- anywhere your baby grabs will be positively reinforced. Once your baby starts teething, the soft plastic loops are nice and chewy. It's also nice for in the car, because it's more difficult for your baby to drop it and lose it. If your baby loses her grip, the toy falls into her lap as she rides in the carseat, and she can easily reach out and grab it again.
on March 2, 2012
My son thoroughly seems to enjoy this toy (that I bought on a whim) and he is only 16 weeks old. He has quite a lot of fun grabbing this from various angles and, of course, trying to eat it. But the toy also bounces and he seems to take pleasure in tossing it just so he can watch it bounce. It is easy for his little fingers to grasp and as I mentioned, seems perfectly safe. The colorful bands seem to be pretty secure and the inside block component has a small rattle.

My husband didn't understand that this was a toy for a baby and thought I had purchased some weird model (which I admit, somehow this reminds me of a diagram of an atom).

In any event, I am happy with my purchase because my son seems to enjoy this (and he's not super interested in toys).