Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on April 22, 2010
I heard about the Winkel on a message board for new mothers and thought I would give it a go. I absolutely love it! (or should I say he LOVES it!!) I gave it to my son when he was about 3 months old, around the time he was just learning to grasp for things. It is so easy to get a hold of it was great for building his skills and actually enjoying being able to grab it and get it in his mouth! He is about 5 months old now and I don't see him growing out of it any time soon!
on July 12, 2011
I purchased one of these for my 5 month old twins as they have different toy preferences. I had to order a second one because they both love the winkel so much. They were actually stealing the toy away from each other. It's great to chew on, shake and just stare at. I don't think I could recommend a toy more!
on December 18, 2011
This toy is good for our teething infant. She loves colors, rattles and the shake things....this toy does all of those.

Pros:
The black and while zig zag print is very stimulating for her to look at.
The toy seems very durable (won't break, finish will not come off).
I can't think of a way that the toy could hurt her, even if her toddler brother hits her with it.

Cons:
The rattle is not very loud.
on November 2, 2013
My 6mo baby found this toy appealing and easy to hold. We call it the "atom." The only problem I noticed is that the rattle feature doesn't work very well. Apparently whatever it is that makes the rattle sound keeps getting stuck. You have to bam the toy pretty hard on a flat surface to work it loose, and it soon gets stuck again. Maybe that is just a defect of the particular toy I have.
on August 12, 2009
This was one of my son's favorite toys when he was hitting the six month old mark; however, his interested waned as he got older. He's no longer interested in rattler type toys, but it was very fun when he was into that sort of thing.
on May 31, 2012
My 5 month old loves this. (I love it too) I was looking for something for him to suck/chew on (not teething) since that is what he loves to do. He hates all pacifiers by the way. But this is great. Plenty on places for him to grab, and plenty of loops to find their way into his mouth while he is still working on his coordination. Sure, lots of toys are good to chew on, but sometimes he has trouble getting and keeping them in his mouth and just ends up getting frustrated. This keeps him entertained while sitting in his bouncer. (no, he didn't like the toy bar that came with bouncer)It is also lightweight and makes a little rattling noise to get his attention. On top of all that it just looks really cute, and believe it or not, easy to clean. Will probably purchase another one for Grandma's house. Definitely worth a try if you are on the fence.
on August 15, 2013
I got this for my baby when she was 4 months old and she enjoys it mainly for teething. It doesn't have a lot of play value for her, but she did love all its little loops for easy teething when she was still having a little trouble getting things into her mouth. Now she's six months, sitting independently and mouthing everything with ease, but she still likes to chew on this one when her gums are bothering her. I would highly recommend it as a first toy -- we would have gotten much more use out of it had we bought it a couple of months earlier.
on March 2, 2012
My son thoroughly seems to enjoy this toy (that I bought on a whim) and he is only 16 weeks old. He has quite a lot of fun grabbing this from various angles and, of course, trying to eat it. But the toy also bounces and he seems to take pleasure in tossing it just so he can watch it bounce. It is easy for his little fingers to grasp and as I mentioned, seems perfectly safe. The colorful bands seem to be pretty secure and the inside block component has a small rattle.

My husband didn't understand that this was a toy for a baby and thought I had purchased some weird model (which I admit, somehow this reminds me of a diagram of an atom).

In any event, I am happy with my purchase because my son seems to enjoy this (and he's not super interested in toys).
on March 21, 2015
I wanted to be such a believer in the Manhattan Toy company after purchasing several other toys. This one however, broke after a month and my 3 month old did nothing more than drool over it since he is still too young to grasp or play with it. One of the legs just simply cracked and broke. It sat on a shelf pretty much untouched and was found broken. So disappointed!!
on January 6, 2013
My son kept chewing on cords while he was teething, and I was looking for a safe alternative. Typical teething toys weren't appealling to him and he kept going back and chewing on the cords, so there must be something to cords that says to babies "Hey, I'm a cord, chew on me!"

So I got him this toy and he loved it. I say "loved" only because he's no longer teething and doesn't really use it anything, not because of anything wrong with the toy itself. Once your child stops teething, this toy can used as a tossing toy or a rattle (the center cube rattles when you shake it), so it's more than just a teething toy.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse