5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of learning and playing options!
Published on November 19, 2004 by N. Sutherland

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poorly Made.. ~ UPDATE ~ 01-13-13
Published on December 21, 2011 by mjlee

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of learning and playing options!, November 19, 2004
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Put and Peek Birdhouse (Toy)
This is the best put in and take out toy! I (and my daughter) love that there is more than one way to take things in and out. At first my daughter loved pulling the birds through the hole in the roof, then she learned how to open the door, and keep it open ;) (this is a good one, the door flips closed if not held open this helps develop fine motor skills, I think.) And just recently she's learned to open the roof, which is a bit trickier. She likes to put the birds and ANYTHING else that will fit in it and then peek at it through the clear end. She carries it around all day filling and emptying it with anything and everything. I like that you can see through some sides and not others so some of the contents remain a surprise to little seekers. The 4 birds are very cute and full of many textures. They have a soft rattle which wouldn't disturb any one sitting near you in public (but I think different noises in each would be fun too, i.e. jingle, different rattles, etc.) Still, this has been well played with for the past 9 months and I expect it will still be out for many more. I think it is welll worth the bit higher price tag. Manhattan Toys are creative, cute, and fun! Kudos!

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit in my house!, July 31, 2005
C. Murray (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Put and Peek Birdhouse (Toy)
This is a fabulous toy! My son received it at around 8 months, and still loves it as he approaches his first birthday. We often spend an hour straight playing with it; he loves to examine each bird, to put them in, peek into the birdhouse to see what they're up to, and pull them back out. Between the large door, the small hole and the roof that opens, there are lots of options.

The engineering on this is exceptional. The fabrics are bright and stimulating. I highly recommend this for your own child, or as a stand-by gift for any child between 6 and 24 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy - QUIET!, February 1, 2006
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Put and Peek Birdhouse (Toy)
I bought this toy for my daughter to take to church when she was probably 8 mos. or so. She is 18 mos. now and still likes it. It keeps her interest for a long time. The roof opens, the door at the end opens, and she can put the birds in the hole in the top of the bouse. The birds do make a little noise when you shake them, which is good for her to hear, but quiet enough for church. And she loves carrying it herself! Great toy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still standing after 7 months, Birds are washer friendly!!!, January 6, 2005
08/17/05 Update:
Now baby is 9 months and still loves the little birds. He plays a lot with this house and lately he's fascinated by the front door. Now he stuffs the house not only with the birds but all the toys that fit inside are welcome. I'm surprised about the long lasting residents of the little house: Altough you are supposed only to surface clean them, during this 7 months they have been washed more than TWENTY times on the washer machine (gentle cycle) and then dryed on the dryer machine and they are like new! still colorful and the rattles still make noise! The shoe lace-like feet of two of the birds stopped loosing strands, so I didn't have to cut them off. Only complaint now, is that the stitches inside the house are now falling appart. They are poorly hand-stitched, and the one in the middle of the roof (inside the house) had fall apart completelly and you can see the plastic red handle from the inside. I had to repair it last week. Otherwise I still love this toy!

...................................................

My baby is only 10 weeks old (it is recommended to 6+ months), but we decided to buy the house anyway because it was irresistible to me when we were at the store (too cute), and my baby loved the birds!. At this time he is not interested in playing put and peek, but he held the birds and play with them for a looong time
The house comes with one plastic wall , opposite to this wall there is a green door, which remains closed if not held to be open, and two little round windows in the other 2 walls. One side of the roof opens completely, and has a little velcro strap to be closed (this I know will be difficult to the little ones to be used, because the strap is tiny and not so accesible) but the roof remains closed if the house is hold by the handle.
4 little cute birds, colorful and easy to grab for little hands, and very chewables! I have to say that two birds come with fabric little feet and the other 2 with kind of shoe laces strings, and these two seem to be loosing strands that could be swallowed by babies. I think there will be a moment in were I have to cut the feet of those two fellas.
The 4 birds come with a rattle inside them, nothing fancy.
I would say I really like this toy and my baby is having fun with it.
Only complaint is that the house seems more wrinkled in the plastic wall than in the pictures, and we tried to pick out the less wrinkled one.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this birdhouse!, March 22, 2006
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Put and Peek Birdhouse (Toy)
My daughter is 13 months old and got this birdhouse for x-mas 3 months ago and its been a big favorite. The little birds are so cute, she loves taking them out and putting them back in, and lining them up on the coffee table, etc., and I've found all sorts of stuff in the birdhouse, other small toys, her binky, etc. She just loves putting things in and taking them out. The birdhouse is also a great toy to take when going to Grandma's etc, thanks to the handle on top, just grab and go.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT toy!, April 7, 2006
C. Ellis "ccls" (Des Moines, IA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Put and Peek Birdhouse (Toy)
My daughter received this for her first birthday, and she has played with it every day for months! The bright colors and interesting patterns are wonderful; the birds double as rattles and have a variety of textures; and the multiple openings into the birdhouse give her different ways to put the birds in and take them out. A big plus--it's a "no-battery-needed" toy and the only noises associated with it are the child's giggles and talk to the birds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the birds, July 17, 2004
Leigh Middleton (Wake Forest, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Put and Peek Birdhouse (Toy)
I love this produce and so does my daughter. The birds have great colors and textures. She loves to chew on their wings and especially their feet. She also loves to shake them and hear them rattle. Because they are soft, they don't hurt is she bonks herself with one. She's interested in the birdhouse too and likes to wave it around.

5.0 out of 5 stars great toy that holds attention, December 3, 2005
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Put and Peek Birdhouse (Toy)
My daughter received this as a gift and I must admit I would never have selected it for her. She absolutely adores this birdhouse and can spend an hour at a time putting each bird in and taking each bird out. There are a variety of ways to do both and she tries them all. It is brightly colored and a good size with little birds that fit her little hand. Even at her crabbiest, she can be distracted with this!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poorly Made.. ~ UPDATE ~ 01-13-13, December 21, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Put and Peek Birdhouse (Toy)
Purchased this item for 1 yr old son's first birthday. Velcro tabs were sewn in the wrong places resulting in the roof and side door always being open. My son would walk around with the bird house and the four little birds would fall out all over the place. I had to remove the velcro tabs and sew them on in the correct areas. This toy is amazingly over priced and very poorly made.
Update 01/03/13
I just received an email notification that my initial review helped someone. My son has just had his 2nd birthday and I wanted to offer an update. After removing the tabs and sewing them back on to prevent the birds from falling out, my son carried the little house around for a few days and then completely lost interest. I donated this toy shortly after the first review. I've gone back and reread some of the 5 star reviews for this "put and peek", trying to figure out why I purchased it in the first place. Only now do I realize I was completely taken in by the reviews. I paid $28.00 for this toy, and for the record, I still regret this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, November 3, 2004
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Put and Peek Birdhouse (Toy)
This cute, bright toy keeps my eleven month old entertained for long periods of time. She loves putting the birds in the different doors of the bird house. The birds themselves are adorable. This is simply a great toy for babies who are developing spacial awareness.

Manhattan Toy Put and Peek Birdhouse