1,030 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!
Published on November 1, 2004 by Colin Newman

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, not used...
Published on November 4, 2004 by scientific mom

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, November 1, 2004
Our son loves this toy. He is absolutely fascinated with it! He loves reaching for it and will actually put forth quite an effort to do so. He is teething right now, and it must feel good on his gums because he instantly puts it in his mouth and will not take it out. He has a very strong grip and will actually put up a fight when we try to take it away from him! This is a big hit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Atom, August 27, 2004
This was the first toy that my son could pick up, play with and explore (at 2 plus months). The rings were small enough for him to hold and as he attempted to chew on the pieces as he shoved the Atom into his face, I did not have to worry about the toy poking his eyes. My husband and I loved this toy and brought it every where we traveled. My son is 5 months and still enjoys playing with it. We loved this toy so much that we nicknamed it the Atom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For New Baby, January 21, 2005
Great for the stage when a baby can't really "play" with toys. Because the tubing is easy to grab a hold of, my seven week old baby can easily grab on and shake it around. If I put this just within reach, when she moves her arms around she can grab it involuntarily. I make sure this is on our blanket at every play time.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best First Toy, January 30, 2007
Our son adores this toy. It is easy to grasp and put in his mouth. A must have for every baby!

5.0 out of 5 stars A HUGE hit!!!, September 28, 2004
Yet another big hit from Manhattan Baby. My girls LOVE their toys. This one is routinely shaken and chewed on. The simplicity of their baby toys is ideal & gets baby's attention! The little rubber tubes are tough & haven't come off the rattle center no matter how hard the babies pull on it. It's very safe. We LOVE these toys!

5.0 out of 5 stars winkle, January 11, 2007
This is a great chew toy for babies- soft and pliable. It is flexible and can be grasped easily. I gave it as a gift to two six month olds and they happily began chewing on it immediately. Do not sterilize this product in a microwave sterilization bag, though; it does melt and warp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy, May 17, 2005
Kalen Reichert (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
My 8 month old nephew has loved this toy since he received it when he was around 5 months old. He doesn't drop it as much as other toys because it is so easy for his little hands to hold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great early toy!, November 7, 2004
We bought the Winkle when our son was three or four months old. We actually bought it a at childrens art museum. He picked it up in the store and played with it immediately! It quickly became his favorite toy. He loved that he could easily grip and hold on, it was a good car toy, too.

This summer we were visiting Grandma, and his six month old cousin picked it up and wouldn't let go. We have searched all over the place for another Winkle. I am thrilled that Babies R Us has found the toy and is now carrying it.

I hope your little ones enjoy it as much as my son has.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomely versatile and safe, September 22, 2004
I received this toy as a baby shower gift for my daughter. It was one of the first toys she could play with. The rings are small enough for her to grab without hurting herself (another rattle toy I had was hard plastic and she tended to bonk herself with it), and can also be used later for teething. The toy is also quite light. She loves the bright colors of the rings and the little rattle cube in the middle. Overall, this is definitely one of her favorite toys.

Unfortunately, the toy got lost during a trip out, and we like this toy so much I am going to buy another one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, not used..., November 4, 2004
I'm not sure why, but this is the ONLY toy that remains untouched on my daughter's toy shelf at the end of the day. I bought it for her when she was about 3 months old and really starting to like rattles. She is now almost a year, and never throughout her development since then has she been interested in this toy. I do think it's a great idea in theory, very safe and "soft" compared to her other rattles, great for teething, etc. She seems to prefer things that have "something to do" like rotate beads, or put together/take apart, or buttons to push, etc.

Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle and Sensory Teether Activity Toy