There are no customer reviews yet.  Create your own review

5.0 out of 5 stars Great First toy!, April 22, 2010
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Winkel Color Burst Rattle and Sensory Teether Activity Toy (Toy)
I heard about the Winkel on a message board for new mothers and thought I would give it a go. I absolutely love it! (or should I say he LOVES it!!) I gave it to my son when he was about 3 months old, around the time he was just learning to grasp for things. It is so easy to get a hold of it was great for building his skills and actually enjoying being able to grab it and get it in his mouth! He is about 5 months old now and I don't see him growing out of it any time soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, July 12, 2011
I purchased one of these for my 5 month old twins as they have different toy preferences. I had to order a second one because they both love the winkel so much. They were actually stealing the toy away from each other. It's great to chew on, shake and just stare at. I don't think I could recommend a toy more!

4.0 out of 5 stars What I Expected, Nothing More, Nothing Less, December 18, 2011
Kevin W (Springfield, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This toy is good for our teething infant. She loves colors, rattles and the shake things....this toy does all of those.

Pros:
The black and while zig zag print is very stimulating for her to look at.
The toy seems very durable (won't break, finish will not come off).
I can't think of a way that the toy could hurt her, even if her toddler brother hits her with it.

Cons:
The rattle is not very loud.

3.0 out of 5 stars easy for baby to hold, November 2, 2013
My 6mo baby found this toy appealing and easy to hold. We call it the "atom." The only problem I noticed is that the rattle feature doesn't work very well. Apparently whatever it is that makes the rattle sound keeps getting stuck. You have to bam the toy pretty hard on a flat surface to work it loose, and it soon gets stuck again. Maybe that is just a defect of the particular toy I have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun for 3-9 month olds, August 12, 2009
This was one of my son's favorite toys when he was hitting the six month old mark; however, his interested waned as he got older. He's no longer interested in rattler type toys, but it was very fun when he was into that sort of thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Teethers, August 15, 2013
I got this for my baby when she was 4 months old and she enjoys it mainly for teething. It doesn't have a lot of play value for her, but she did love all its little loops for easy teething when she was still having a little trouble getting things into her mouth. Now she's six months, sitting independently and mouthing everything with ease, but she still likes to chew on this one when her gums are bothering her. I would highly recommend it as a first toy -- we would have gotten much more use out of it had we bought it a couple of months earlier.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife is usually pretty skeptical when I come home with a new product, September 16, 2014
1 TN Mc (Nashville, TN, US) - See all my reviews
Don't normally write reviews, and am shocked that the first time I do is for a baby toy. But, positive reviews on this toy helped me hit a homerun with our baby daughter, so I wanted to write one in the hope that someone else might be persuaded to purchase. This is our first child, so I can get a little carried away looking for and researching baby stuff to buy to improve daughter's life and parents' lives. My wife is usually pretty skeptical when I come home with a new product. For valid reason - I have admittedly struck out a lot. When I came home with this weird looking, tangled orb thing, when our daughter was 3 months old, I could see the skepticism on my wife's face the moment I pulled it out of the package. To my wife's surprise, however, our daughter loved this thing from the moment we gave it to her. And she still loves it. We bought another one for ourselves and bought several others to give as gifts. Granted, gift recipients are not going to tell the gift giver anything other than "we love the toy, thanks." But, the people we have given this to for their children have seemed genuine in reporting that their babies' love this toy, as well. In sum, it's a great toy, and we highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture misleading as far as colours go, September 5, 2012
This toy is great, however I thought I was getting a toy that had black and white zigzags on the block. Instead, the block has BLUE and white zig zags. I specifically purchased this winkel as opposed to the other coloured winkel for the seemingly black and white zigzags since that contrast is best for newborns-infants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, March 30, 2014
Great color and really fun to play with! It is easy to hold for babies and the colors keep their interest. She also loves to chew on it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for small children, January 23, 2014
This was bought as part of a Christmas present order for sick children in our pediatric ICU. Surely brightened their day!