5.0 out of 5 stars nice dyes
Published on September 12, 2012 by Meatbomb

1.0 out of 5 stars hair dye
This product sucked I left it in for an hour and it did nothing but turn my hair like pink salmon color, not pretty or flamingo.
Published on December 12, 2012 by Alexandria

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars nice dyes, September 12, 2012
This review is from: Manic Panic ~ Semi-Permanent Hair Dye ~ Pretty Flamingo (Misc.)
wash your hair with clarifying shampoo, do not condition then comb through and let dry until it's just damp. Spread the dye throughout your hair until it is totally saturated and comb through until it gets a little foamy. Let the dye sit in your hair for 1-2 hours then use a hair dryer to dry the hair while the dye is still in. Rinse out with cool water until the water runs clear, do not shampoo. You should then have shiny, deeply colored hair that will last for at lest 3 weeks. add some of the color to your gentle shampoo and conditioner for a boost.

4.0 out of 5 stars May not appear as intended, February 14, 2013
When I first received this product, I thought there was a mistake in the labeling. The color resembled "Electric Tiger Lily" more than "Pretty Flamingo" and was labeled "Glows Under Black Light". I uploaded a photo of this, but now I see that it is just how the product photographs. Upon opening the jar, you can tell that it is "Pretty Flamingo". I decided to use this product without pre-bleaching (as recommended) to get a coral-pink color. I had medium golden blonde hair and figured the mixing of blonde with pink would result in coral. What ended up happening is a more brownish-pink, but my bleached highlights definitely came out the "Pretty Flamingo" color. I uploaded a second picture of the color right after dyeing my hair. I have since washed my hair once, and the color has faded to the more coral-blonde look I was going for.

Some tips for using this product:
1) Buy more than you think you need - I only bought 2 jars for thick, almost waist-length hair, mixed in conditioner, and ran out before I finished the back part of my head. I ended up having to get another jar to finish the back of my head
2) Mix in conditioner for a lighter color and to make the product cover more area
3) Pre-bleach or pre-lighten if you want that vibrant color - this color still turns out decent without having to

What I did to get that color:
1) Use 3 jars of "Pretty Flamingo" and mix in about 1/2 jar of conditioner
2) Apply to dry hair that was previously washed with just shampoo (I used L'Oreal Paris EverPure since it is vegan). I used gloved hands to apply, not a tint brush
3) Comb hair gently, some hair will come out. My attempt to comb hair until frothy did not work out so well, I don't think I had enough product in the end to make this happen
4) Blow dry hair for ~5 minutes then wrap in plastic bag
5) Let hair soak in color for 3 hours and blow dry every hour
6) Rinse hair in cold water. The water never really turned pink, once again I think I didn't have enough product so all the color was fully absorbed
7) Blow dry hair again and enjoy color

1.0 out of 5 stars hair dye, December 12, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect coral pink :), December 11, 2012
it's a bright coraly pink. It's f****ing adorable and I get so many compliment on it. I'll upload a picture later but I absolutely love this color. I had bleached my hair previously and then used lorels lightest blonde to lighten my roots then I washed it out dried it and put in the Manic Panic Pretty Flamingo.I left it in for an hour with a plastic bag over it. Then I took the bag off the last half hour and blow dried it periodically. When I rinsed I shampooed and conditioned and none of the pink came out! :D it's super cute and shipped fast

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, January 23, 2014
I've bought manic panic hair dye before and it was fine but for some reason when I opened this bottle it was crazy thick. It didn't dye my hair at all or even stain my hands like dye usually does. I think it must have been expired or left out in the heat too long. I have to order different dye now and I wasted my money buying this because it did NOTHING.

2.0 out of 5 stars I love Flamingo Pink and would use buckets of it, July 5, 2014
keyinherpocket (Wonderland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
I love Flamingo Pink and would use buckets of it, but sadly, it pretty much washes out the first time you shampoo. I have had longer lasting results by mixing pink and orange together. I have been using fantasy hair color for 20 years, so it's not user error. I only wash my roots with sulfate free shampoo twice a week, tops, and use dry shampoo in between. I wish I could use just this color, but they need to improve the formula for Pretty Flamingo.

4.0 out of 5 stars ombre pink hair look, May 14, 2014
i have medium-light blonde hair, and when i mixed this with 1 part conditioner, i was able to achieve an ombre effect on the ends of my hair. i would describe the resulting color as strawberry lemonade.

1.0 out of 5 stars Orange, Not Pink, April 14, 2014
Rebecca Best (West Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
The dye you'll get in the post will be orange looking. I suppose it has come out pink for some people but even on my platinum bleached hair.. it is still VERY orange.

Do NOT buy this color if you're looking for a soft pink. You will very likely be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars pink flamingo?, April 7, 2014
One thing to always remember is buy one more than what you need...always I definitely needed two because of how light the color is and how thick my hair it's, and my hair isn't even bleached all the way. A good suggestion from me would be to bleach your hair near a light blonde for pure pink. Or just use a good developer after bleaching to lighten it.
Will probably try again with more jars our with a different pink from manic panic.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite Manic Panic colors!, February 22, 2014
Deedee (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I used Pretty Flamingo and uploaded photo to customer images to show the result -- it's a close-up with the dye pot and camera included. A skylight is lighting up my hair, making it appear slightly lighter than the dye in the pot, but actually they are identical.

I love this color, but it takes a little bit of work to get a good result, including vigorous combing, heat and at least for my hair, usually two dye-jobs using half the pot of dye each time. I've been using this color for many years--this is how I get a brilliant, long-lasting color.

1. I bleached my hair twice with 40-vol bleach prior to dying, which made it a pale straw color. (My hair is naturally very dark brown.)
2. I rubbed half the contents of the dye pot into my hair, scooping it out of the pot with my fingers (wearing rubber gloves) and massaging it thru the hair shafts until evenly distributed.
3. I combed the dye through my hair, driving the pigment into the hair shafts. I've found this step makes a big difference with the lighter MP colors, especially. Be sure to comb vigorously and thoroughly, using a high-quality comb that won't damage your scalp. (Also be careful where you do this. I go outside so I don't sling dye around where I don't want it.)
4. I got under my hood-style dryer, set the heat to medium-high, and remained there for 30 minutes. At this point, my hair was not dry but the dye was a warm, thick paste and the color was beginning to develop nicely.
5. I combed the dye through my hair again and left it in for another 30 minutes before rinsing.
6. I rinsed with cool water and ended with half a cup of white vinegar in a quart of water, which helps to set the dye. After the vinegar rinse, I rinsed again with plain water.
7. I dried my hair with a hand-held blow dryer, then checked in the mirror and noted -- as expected -- that the dye had not covered perfectly in all spots. And so, using the other half of the dye, I REPEATED THE ABOVE PROCESS ALL OVER AGAIN.

After this second round of dying and combing and heating, the coverage was perfect, and I had driven sufficient pigment into the hair shafts that a brilliant pink-orange shade was achieved.

To keep the color looking good, I wash my hair with clear water and only the smallest amount of shampoo. When the color begins to fade a bit, I re-dye with about one fourth of a pot of dye. Leave it in for about an hour and the color will be vibrant again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›