5.0 out of 5 stars COOL lookin MOC!
I always wore Minnetonka mocs (leather without rubber sole) as a teenager and well into adulthood.

Published on October 10, 2012 by Jodi A. Braford

3.0 out of 5 stars Just look Good
The shoes look good but holds up to daily wear just okay.
I don't feel I am wearing a shoe at all in these moccasins. Feels more like a good slipper.
Published 24 months ago by Laurel Frankel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars COOL lookin MOC!, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Manitobah Mukluks Women's Paddle Suede Moccasin (Apparel)

Now I'm over 50 and had not worn mocs for years, just need more support most of the time. Thought it would be fun to get a pair of mocs again for kicking around. I wore the same style Minnetonka moc for 20-30 years and had seen the quality in stitching and wear go down hill. My first pair was $14 and lasted a couple years, my last pair was worn through in 3 months.

I always wanted "cool" bead work and longer fringe so when these popped up in my search with the Minnetonka mocs here on Amazon, I thought the Manitobah muks were pretty cool!

I did want to buy the Manitobah "Muks" that Amazon lists as made in Canada but could not get my size in the color I wanted so I paid $10 more for the ones Amazon lists as made in China, however, I cannot see any reference to China on my muk's inside label or in all the cool info they send you on their history. It all says "Canada." I'm glad I did not let the "made in China" change my mind because they look like a quality moc and so far I am very happy with them!

The only review I found said that the sole runs narrow.
My feet are beat up, in the past I have broken bones and sprained my ankles. My feet have spread from constantly working on my feet, my left foot is thicker and has a bunion, so I was concerned and ordered a size bigger. The right moc is just a tad big on me but I can wear socks, the left, my sore foot fits comfortably. I probably would not have had to buy a bigger size because I know they can stretch some. So all in all I think they probably run pretty true to size. The sole is not for a wide foot, mine goes over a little but is still comfortable. The insole is a tad bigger than the out sole all the way around and I wonder if there is a reason for that? I've never had mocs with outer soles so I'm interested in seeing how they hold up.

I could not get the grey with blue beads, looked at the black but did not like the white stitching and white beads. Bought the chocolate with blue/white beads, they have a "tan" stitching rather than white. The stitching is heavy and very nicely done. The leather in nice quality and color. The beads & long fringe are just COOL! The pictures here do not do them justice. Quality leather and a really sturdy looking, creative sole that has a turtle design on it, in reference to "turtle island." The information packet has native info, company info and pictures of the creative artists/designers of their muks. I went to college for graphic design and their info packet is quality number one, very pleasing design, colors and texture.

The muks come with a certificate of authenticity and individual number so you can register them for a warranty of 3 months, 1 year on the sole and sole stitching.

I water proofed mine right away as they will also be easier to clean. I hope they wear well. I just got them today, they are comfortable and cuter than heck! You could not get me to part with them! Very pleased at this moment!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love them. Size DOWN!, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Manitobah Mukluks Women's Paddle Suede Moccasin (Apparel)
Im in love. Im not really a moccasin kinda of girl, but then again Ive only worn Minnetonka! This boot style is more by speed.
These are so cute! Much cuter on the feet than youd expect, or well- than I expected.
SIZING:
Please don't listen to some of the other reviews! These do NOT run small and I knew better thank goodness.
I wear a 6 1/2 on average and wear a 6 1/2 in Minnetonka. In other shoes I sometime need a 7 but also sometimes need a 6(mostly in flats). My foot measures 9" exactly and my foot is considered wide. I really don't think these are that narrow either. They are also very open/loose at the ankle by design. The shoe string is pretty useless because if you tighten it, it causes the front fringe to stick out or bunch up. The wide opening makes these easy to slip on but because of this they don't hug your feet like most people like. They probably wont be very warm.
I ordered a 6 and I have room,bordering on loose. I probably need to return then for a 5 but wont for 2 reasons- 1: I don't want to part with them even to wait on another pair and 2: I got these during the black Friday sale and don't want to lose my discount.
Having owned many suede and sheepskin shoes including mocs, I know how these will stretch with time and wear. If they start out bearably snug, wait it out- they' stretch to fit. If you start out too big, youll end up with floppy stretched out shoes.
If mine stretch too much Ill start wearing socks (mocks are meant to wear sockless!) or add an insole.
True love. Now I think Ill order the harvester from this brand.
Good deal, but I wouldn't pay more- just in case Amazon thinks of upping the price due to rave review!

5.0 out of 5 stars Real mocs!, November 21, 2013
Runs half a size large, comfortable and beautiful!
Genuine moccasins made by native people. A joy to suport this tribe making the most beautiful shoes in the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars yes to these moccasins, February 27, 2013
These moccasins run a little small. I read a review and ordered acorrding to recommendations 10 inch foot buy size 8. I should have bought one size bigger.I used my shoehorn to stretch them . I have happy feet fell great as they are well made. I would order again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic and Adorable!, January 30, 2013
Manitobah Mukluks Women's Paddle Suede Moccasin
I'm so happy I found these on Amazon! If you're looking for a moccasin you that can wear anywhere~ this is it! My daughter and I both have these in the chocolate color. The bead work is gorgeous and has a canvas-like backing that holds the beads nice and strong. The sheepskin foot bed is heavenly soft! Leather is good quality, and the vibram sole is very comfortable and slip resistant.
As for looks, they are just as cute on as they are off my feet. They are like booties, and come just up to my ankle bone, which is a flattering look for just about anyone. So far I've only worn them a few times since the weather is wet and cold. My daughter has worn hers everywhere, and even rides her skateboard in them. Be sure to use a good waterproof spray. (Manitobah's site recommends using a silicone based spray) Any dirt will come off better after it's dry. My last moccasins lasted about 6 years with heavy wear, and no rubber sole! I'm guessing these will surely be around much longer than that! Looking forward to buying another pair in another color. :)
The sizing is recommended to order a half-size down. I normally wear a 8.5-9, and wear an 8 in these and have a perfect fit! (my foot's measurement in length is a little more than 10" with thin socks on) I would recommend measuring the length of your foot in the sock you plan on wearing, and I wouldn't go down more than 1/2 size. Even though leather stretches, it can cause too much stress on the shoe's integrity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Shoe!, January 15, 2014
I love Manitobah and would definetly recommend these shoes. I wear a size 8 1/2 but the 8 fits me perfectly. If your thinking about this shoe go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars You will not be disappointed!, December 21, 2013
First I must confess, prior to purchasing this shoe I read ALL of the feedback regarding size and quality etc. I am an extremely picky person when it comes to my shoe game. Fit and comfort were a concern for me because I read reviews about the shoe being ill-fitting and tight. But I took the chance on these and am glad I did!

I have a wide width foot that measures about 9 1/2 inches in width. I usually wear a size 9 1/2 (w) or 10 (m). Reviews suggested ordering a 1/2 down which made me nervous because I was afraid they were going to be too tight. But they're not and fit like a glove. The suede is soft and supple. The color also matched the pictures. I just wish the fringe would lay down straight, some pieces were curled. Does anyone know how to get them to lay straight? Anyhow that would be my only, very minor complaint.

Shoes came boxed with a certificate of authenticity as well. I'm not sure if these were made in Canada or China since the label doesn't clearly say. But no matter where they were made I wouldn't have cared. I will definitely order another pair but this time I want to try the grain leather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully made, although it runs a little large, still love them., July 19, 2013
Very nice details, love the way it looks. Very comfortable. I'll definitely order from them again, but perhaps a 1/2 a size smaller. Normally I'm a 9, but these were a tiny bit loose. If I order an 8 1/2 I'm sure they could stretch a tiny bit n fit more appropriately. One of my best buys on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Moccassins., May 22, 2013
I do not typically review anything but I am compelled to review these because they are so great and other people's reviews helped me decide on these.

I've had these for about 2.5 weeks now. I've worn them every chance I get. They are like walking barefoot. I typically wear a size 6 in every other type of shoe, but from the reviews I could determine that going a size down would be a safer bet. They do not fit like a normal size 5. They fit more like a size 6. Ordering a size 5 worked out perfect for me. They are not snug, they fit like a slipper.

The suede is not hard, it is luxuriously soft. I need to spray them with protectant for when the rains come as I don't want to ruin them.

The vibram sole is pretty awesome. I've had vibram soles on other shoes before. Vibram sole is meant to last.

These look so nice with skirts and some jeans. Honestly, I'd get a second pair - in leather in a different color. These are like walking barefoot but with protection and sense of style.

I really did my research too, trying to decide on these or minnetonkas. I chose these because I took a risk on the fit. Minnetonkas I tried on were really cute but the fit was much more snug.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute!!, April 14, 2013
im a perfect 7.5 and as suggested i ordered a 7 instead of a 8 and i got the right size. my foot measures 9 inches and the 7s are not tight at all, a tad roomy but im sure the 6 wouldve been too small. hopefully they wont stretch out insanely. these appear well made. all the stitching looks secure and perfect. i got the chocolate brown and the colours are just as pictured. they are SOFT!! and comfy but not sloppy looking!! looking forward to wearing these with shorts, jeans, skirts......

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›