5.0 out of 5 stars Sooo good! Great for salads, pitas, fajitas...
Yep. If you're vegan, vegetarian or just want to try some meatless chicken, this product will do just great. I bought this and found it to be a great alternative to buying the fake chicken for $4 a bag every week at the grocery store. For under $30, you get a huge bag of faux chicken. Big ol' bag.

Although it it pre-seasoned, it's not too salty or spicy. I...
Published on April 4, 2012 by Key_Doe

3.0 out of 5 stars Concerns allayed
Manufacturer Luck Chen has shuttered the facilities that produced this product due to quality concerns in China. Beware of products that feature $40 savings... Especially if it is a food product.

EDIT 12/17/2011
Published on December 15, 2011 by nf_able

3.0 out of 5 stars Concerns allayed, December 15, 2011

EDIT 12/17/2011
Due to my concerns, I phoned Luck Chen and spoke at length about my apprehensions. The noodles Luck Chen LLC produced were manufactured in China. The MannaSoy product is manufactured in Israel. My over critical mind assumed that because on Luck Chen's website (the LLC that is at the 'top' of the business structure, at least as product description reads "Manufacturer: Luck Chen') then I felt all products under that name would be suspect of quality as well. My concerns were fostered by lack of distinction on either Luck Chen's or Manna Soy's websites detailing the different countries of manufacture and lack of highlighting this applies solely to the noodle bowls; the Luck Chen representative said he hadn't considered how that may play out in a customer's mind and said he would work on clearing up that distinction on the websites.

I now feel confident in ordering some of the MannaSoy product and giving it a spin in my wok. Hopefully if anyone should have concerns similar to my initial ones, they will be rested by my experience and Luck Chen's explanation to me.

Thanks to Daniel D. STEIN-FREER for challenging my initial comment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooo good! Great for salads, pitas, fajitas..., April 4, 2012

Although it it pre-seasoned, it's not too salty or spicy. I highly recommend juicing some lemon juice over it if you're frying or sautéing it. Tangy delish. Use this in pitas, salads, tofu scrambles, fajitas, faux chicken salad or with peppers on a hot dog bun. Great buy for the holidays to feed the veggie masses. If you don't use the whole bag, it freezes well after you open it for up to 3 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good, June 26, 2011
This review is from: Manna Soy Gourmet Meatless Grilled Chicken, 4.5 Pounds Family Pak, All Natural, Gluten Free, Shelf Stable, Pre-cooked, Pre-seasoned, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Sugar Free,- Even Kids Love It (Health and Beauty)
This is what I have been looking for- a meat substitute that is similar to meat substitutes that have gluten in them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and Easy, April 12, 2011
Amazon Customer "AMMG" (Phoenixville, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I love Manna Soy products. As a gluten-free vegan family (celiac issues), these products are a dream come true. I've used them in wraps, stir-fries, slow cooker recipes, and plain (since they're pre-seasoned).

3.0 out of 5 stars Makes a tasty chicken substitute when prepared right..., April 13, 2012
I've been trying many of the vegetarian and vegan meat options sold here on Amazon, and this was one of them. The first time we tried these "grilled chicken" strips we didn't precook them and put them in an enchilada bake. They turned out rubbery and gross. My husband is not a fan of the seasonings on them or the texture (the paprika taste is quite strong) but I enjoyed the seasoning (I do love me some paprika.)
Since then, we froze the package and have broken off chunks to use periodically in recipes. You can get rid of the rubbery texture and get them to taste a lot more like chicken if you sautee them for a while first, then add to your recipe. Sauteed and then chopped up small, they make a perfect addition to a vegetarian quesadilla!
I wish there was an unflavored, or more lightly spiced variety of this soy chicken so I could easily add it to more recipes without the taste of the spices being so strong. This product is tasty and has a great texture once it is precooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great meat substitute!, March 18, 2012
T. Patton (southern California) - See all my reviews
My husband and I love this product. I have used it in many recipes calling for chicken. My husband was recently diagnosed with gluten sensitivity. We discovered that most vegetarian meat substitutes we were eating included wheat gluten. That led to a search for different products. Manna came through with good flavor and texture. I can even cook it in a crock pot and it holds up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentically seasoned VEGAN goodness!, August 7, 2012
Steve Murphy (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
Just got my Manna delivery, and promptly cooked up an awesome chicken shawarma pita. I grilled some onions and a handful of the Manna chicken for two min, then added a little water per the Manna instructions and let that evaporate/absorb. Heated a pita and spread with tahini, added chopped tomatoes, spinach, cucumber plus the chicken and onions. Mmmmm... Delicious, authentically seasoned VEGAN goodness, made in Israel.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought the beef and chicken Not for me...., February 7, 2012
Bought the beef and chicken Not for me....First off while the price is 64% off be aware that it'a industrial size....and it expires in June....I bought 4 of each the chicken and beef...HATE the taste....and THEY really should tell toy the expiration date...Probably why it's so cheap....I THREW them all out....just did not like the taste or consistency!

Manna Soy Gourmet Meatless Beef Goulash, 4.4 Pound Family Pak, All Natural, Gluten Free, Shelf Stable, Pre-cooked, Pre-seasoned, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Sugar Free,- Even Kids Love It

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting chicken substitute, especially on the grill!, June 13, 2013
Frid_Fan67 (Pennsylvania USA) - See all my reviews
I was a bit reticent purchase this product after reading some other reviews,and my first experience with it was less than wonderful, but then gas grill fixed everything.The first time I cooked the product I cooked it in a skillet without rinsing off what I consider extra seasoning, and the result wasn't optimal, so I froze the remaining product, and last week, decided to rinse the product, then put it in the grill.
OK, lets begin with the spicing issue-yes, the product is heavily spiced ( not hot spice, just seasoned), but it is made in Israel, where people are used to foods being more heavily spiced than in the USA- if this is a problem for you, just rinse the product in cold water and you can reduce the seasoning significantly, which is what I did the second time I cooked the product.The second time, I sprayed the product with some canola oil, mixed with some sweet onion and out it in the basket on my gas grill.All I can say is WOW!
If you are a vegetarian who misses grill food, this is for you.The texture is nearly exactly that of tender, chicken strips, and the spice was just right.The second time I grilled, I invited some meat eaters over, and they totally believed I served them grilled chicken wrapped in a pita, until i started eating it ! Being a diabetic, I appreciate the low carb load of this product as well.
In my vegetarian life ( nearly 10 years) I have purchased many chicken substitutes,many that are more expensive , but this is by far the best I have ever had due to not only flavour, but texture as well.If you buy the large package, the price is very reasonable.
If you are watching your carb intake, as I am, there is very little carb in this product as well. Can't wait till it comes back in stock.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow, is this stuff good, July 31, 2012
How do you explain tastey? The interesting thing is that it can be made up in single portions by adding a little water and heating in the microwave. Or, it can be mixed in with all kinds of other dishes, including baked beans and mixed vegetables, and it provides the flavoring.