Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on November 10, 2004
The drawings in this book are amazing. I think the book would be better with photographs of the finished shoe next to each drawing. Also, the about Manolo section is too small, it could have given a longer biography.
on December 21, 2003
Maybe I am biased because I personally love the designer, however I think this book was a great idea and very charitable of Mr. Blahnik. He gives us a look into the process which he has artfully perfected
on October 14, 2003
For anyone with a shoe fetish or a passion for fashion this book is worth it. Splashy colors, great text. I read half of Wintour's foreward and bought the book without flipping through the rest. BUY BUY BUY!!!!
on May 12, 2009
This book is pure magic! The amazing detail, the vibrant colour and the unmistakable impact of his sketches is just mind boggling. You think you know shoes when you see the finished product, but when you see how they started as ideas and art, you get a much better appreciation of the amount of work and creativity required. The slightest placement of a strap, or the curve of a heel makes all the difference to an artist like Manolo. A really beautiful and inspiring book!
on January 16, 2011
I got this as a present for someone. I was a little disappointed on how small this book was. Very interesting drawings though. The receiver of the gift was very happy to have. She had it on her wishlist and wanted used, but it was actually cheaper to buy it new. The spine did not have any "previous wear" creases.
on September 6, 2008
I think the book is very BEAUTIFUL, but I wish the book had more information about Manolo Blahnik himself. It also would have been really cool to see the final designs.
on November 15, 2005
I was so inspired by this book, I'm a shoe designer so I totally love this book. The sketches, the colors, it's just awsome! definitely worth buying!!!!!
on March 23, 2010
I bought this title as a small treat for myself, and it didn't disappoint. It's a gorgeous little package, and the perfect small gift for a girlfriend who likes shoes. The pictures really are works of art, and the descriptions of the materials used in each shoe in the index are amazing!
on February 3, 2009
That's it. The book is what you expect it to be. Great edition. And a great gift - a girlfriend who got it jumped in her heels.
on April 4, 2007
Beautiful book! Truly inspiring (and addictive!) for any shoe addict. Love, love, love it!!